Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bin Laden Dead

Can I be happy, maybe even celebrate the death of the person who was the leader of the terriost who did this? Yes. If you do not like it, well not much I can say, but plenty celebrated the 911 attacks. You can find them on YouTube. I will not post them.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 05-08-2011 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post

Can I be happy, maybe even celebrate the death of the person who was the leader of the terriost who did this? Yes. If you do not like it, well not much I can say, but plenty celebrated the 911 attacks. You can find them on YouTube. I will not post them.
    Plenty celebrated Im sure. Plenty celebrated when the planes hit the towers too.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Plenty celebrated Im sure. Plenty celebrated when the planes hit the towers too.
    Sorry, I misread your post
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Was this a wrong celebration?

or this?

What cost did that war, that pos start cost us? In more than dollars.

I am almost done posting about this sad sorry dead person, I hold him in the same level of respect due him and his fellow pos in history. Zero!
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 05-09-2011 at 12:42 AM.

Celebrating the return of soldiers from war is different than celebrating the death of a person. I really dont want to discuss this anymore. Carry on cheering the death of others, I personally dont care what anyone else does. Myself...I am glad the world is rid of Osama Bin Laden, but I will not cheer for more war, more death and murder.

Celebrating the return of soldiers from war is different than celebrating the death of a person. I really dont want to discuss this anymore. Carry on cheering the death of others, I personally dont care what anyone else does. Myself...I am glad the world is rid of Osama Bin Laden, but I will not cheer for more war, more death and murder.
    Agreed! I can only hope that now we can finally end this war.
    I do not cheer on death of others, and I do not celebrate killing of a human. But I not sorry for how I feel about the death of bin laden.
    I am done now with this.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 05-09-2011 at 12:43 AM.

Other food for thought, and this is merely a commentary on our "legal system". Why is it that braking into an unarmed mans house, shooting him in the face and dumping his body at sea in an undisclosed location considered legal and proper (and it is IMO) given the circumstances? But, water-boarding those associated with al Qaeda which is, from what I understand, the tactic that yielded the intel that eventually led to UBL's demise considered "crossing the line"?

I totally understand your reaction, but if everyone starts to feel that way about "bad guys" then we will eventually become what we hate. Sure its easy to say this about Bin Laden, but where do you draw the line? Couldn't the same thing be said of a murderer? I agree that justice was served, but personally I would prefer to be a better person. While I dont really care about how he was killed (sniper, bomb etc...) I think that the US did the right thing by respecting the Muslim faith and burying him the way they did. If too many people start to think "an eye for an eye" then we become the same thing that we hate.
    I believe it was Gandhi who said, "An eye for an eye only leaves the whole world blind." I agree, hate breeds hate. I'm glad justice prevailed, that Laden no longer exists on Earth, but final judgement in my humble opinion belongs only to God. Sadly, there are literally thousands of Bin Ladens in our world, he simply was the one who succeeded in carrying out the worst attack on America to date. :(

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    You are correct. I do condone the way UBL was assasinated and yes, I catagorize rapists and murderer's in the same catagory. I believe that child molestors should be given fair mental evaluation and the minute they are found capable and not crazy, they should be put to death. A different catagory should be established for people like Hitler, UBL, Saddam, Kim Jong-il etc.. People who wish bad on others that simply don't believe what they believe. No offense but if this were to have happened in Ottowa Gatineau let's say at the Canadian Parliment Building, having killed thousands of innocent Canadian citizens, you may feel the same as I. Now before all of the god fearing people jump on my case, it's funny how I have not heard one pastor, priest, pope or otherwise come out and begrudge what was done to UBL or the way it was done. In fact, I have watched 2 religious speakers and when asked about what was done and how the bible percieved this type of action, neither would stand on his beliefs and say they disagreed with what was done. Wouldn't even address it straight forward. To me, this is a way of saying while they might not believe in the tactics they do believe it had to be done and are glad the planet is rid of this scum.

I believe in god and the constitution but sometimes there is a rule to every exception. Oh, and I certainly do believe there are others out there that are radicals and wish harm on not only the U.S. but all of North America and the west in general. They should be dealt with in the same fashion if they harm anyone of our citizens. This is my opinion and I believe a popular opinion here in the United States of America. (I WOULD LOVE TO POST AN AMERICAN FLAG EMETICON HERE IF THERE WERE ONE)!

There is one...you have to click the 'more' to find him. :)

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

You are starting to sound like some sort of radical who thinks your beliefs are the only ones that are right. Kill the ones who do not live the way you do. Where does it stop? And what makes you the one who decides who lives and dies?

I also find it extremely offensive that you say that if this happened in Canada I would feel differently. Im pretty sure I am closer to NYC than you are but I dont think that if affects you any differently than it does me. Not sure if you know but there were Canadians killed in that attack as well. I also had plenty of friends (firefighters and paramedics) who went to NYC on 9/11 so please dont act like no one outside the US border was affected that day. That is just pure ignorance.

My point in all this has been that I find it disturbing the way that some people have celebrated death. Popping champagne corks and celebrating on the site where so many died is wrong. Im happy he is dead, but i will not jump for joy at the death of another human being.
    You're not alone...I don't agree with the celebrating and 'gloating' that occurred either. I don't see the difference between the public celebrating with joyful gloating that occurred in the US upon the news of Laden's death, and that of those who celebrate with joy publicly across the world when attacks against the US, or when US soldiers are murdered/killed. One can be happily relieved without celebrating in joy & gruesomely holding bloody heads on sticks, etc..

The celebrating at Ground Zero was shameful & disrespectful IMO. Many of the surviving victims, as well as families of those victims who lost life...said they also found the celebrating at Ground Zero disturbing and upsetting...a show of disrespect for those who lost life physically & lost life as they once knew it, lives changed forever. Ground Zero is sacred, and many trampled upon sacred ground by celebrating there. There should have been candlelight vigils at Ground Zero, nothing more.
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 05-10-2011 at 01:48 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast