Thread: Tyson Jackson

Default Tyson Jackson

Don't give up on him yet! We drafted him as we were transitioning to a 3-4. He had almost 0 help around him. The only person we had that fit the stereotypical 3-4 mold was Hali and he was still getting used to standing up! Dorsey was making the switch from DT, we had a NT by committee, and Derrick Johnson (Our only other solid LB) was in Haley's dog house.

With Hali and Houston now being the focal point of our pass rush I look for Jackson to get much more comfortable. Especially when Powe develops into our NT (he was a steal!) We also have our tackle machine Johnson and our playmaking safety Berry who will be int he backfield a few times.

P.S. To those "omg we need to draft o-line with every pick" phanatics the last 2 years. How did last year turn out for you? We took *gasp* Eric Berry. Doesn't anyone remember when the Chiefs were built on defense alone?! Pre-Vermeil era...

Agreed!

I don't think the Chiefs are giving up on him yet either. I know it looked like they drafted 2 DE's this year (Allen Bailey and Gabe Miller) but later read that Pioli said Miller is going to be a Developmental OLB and Special Teams contributor.

Bailey looks like a sign that we aren't re-signing Shaun Smith and will rotate with Jackson and or course Gilberry will rotate with Dorsey.

If you think about Hali..... He really didn't come on until his 3rd year, and last year (his 4th) was when he really became a stud. This year will be Jacksons 3rd year and he showed flashes last year after his injury.

I'm glad you informed me about their plans with Gabe Miller. My only concern now is that they might let Tamba slip away. I'm sure he is looking for a deal around Ware's range, which frankly, Tamba isn't on the same level as Ware. I'm not sure the Chiefs are willing to pay him that kind of figure.

Here's to hoping that Houston is a monster!

Quote Originally Posted by Subversion View Post
    I'm glad you informed me about their plans with Gabe Miller. My only concern now is that they might let Tamba slip away. I'm sure he is looking for a deal around Ware's range, which frankly, Tamba isn't on the same level as Ware. I'm not sure the Chiefs are willing to pay him that kind of figure.

Here's to hoping that Houston is a monster!
    The chiefs couldn't re-sign Hali before the CBA expired. There was a rule about the player's salary only growing a specific percentage from the previous year, and Hali was part of the group that was outside that range. As soon as there is a new CBA, Hali will be re-signed to a nice extension.

What he brings in leadership by example (not to mention the 15 sacks) is more than worth paying to keep around. He's a Haley guy, through and through.

Quote Originally Posted by Subversion View Post

P.S. To those "omg we need to draft o-line with every pick" phanatics the last 2 years. How did last year turn out for you? We took *gasp* Eric Berry. Doesn't anyone remember when the Chiefs were built on defense alone?! Pre-Vermeil era...
    Yeah, I remember those days. We lost some big playoff games those years and never made the big show. Yet, one thing we always had was a good offensive line. Who else do we stay in a game with the likes of Bono and Grbac at Quarterback?

Last year's OL was better than previous years, and the only reason was because we ran the ball so much. The offense was largely a one trick pony last year. Take note, the teams that had good run defense handled us easily.

The OL is important and needs to be addressed. We are still hurting at Tackle and I would expect this to be Waters' last season, will certainly be his last productive season.

It has been said again and again, you cannot win Championships on defense alone. I am happy to see that we did make a selection on offense early though, and notice that it happened to be a lineman.

I like the defense. I just don't see the value in grabbing yet ANOTHER defensive end in this draft.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Jackson has the ability to be good this year and at times has shown improvement. Some ex Chiefs have labeled Jackson as being lazy. He did get in Haley's dog house last year for gaining 20 or 30 pounds while injured. If he shows up for training camp over weight, it could be the beginning of the end for him as a Chief.

This thing is only beginning
    Dorsey and Jackson will take another step towards pure dominance this year
    Does anyone realize how much better we was last year on defense As these kids mature and learn their trade It will be dominating!
    Time will tell however, i get giddy when i think of the potential of this defense If Houston is what i believe he will be Be aware Chief opponents Houston and Hali ala Harrison and Woodley in blitzburgh Throw in DJ and Berry's ability to do so many different things Romeo is indeed walking the halls of Arrowhead sporting a woody!
    Wonder if Jerrel Powe will adjust to 3-4 alignment He is a talent Wonder why he slipped all the way to the 6th round