Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Potential starters drafted

Default Potential starters drafted

This was an EXCELLENT draft. We have three legit first round TALENTS in houston, hudson, and baldwin. They fell for PERCEIVED reasons. Here's the thing...if no one will buy a house because it's pink, the price goes down. If you don't mind a pink house, then you got an excellent value. Everyone will sit around saying, "You shouldn't have bought that house! It's pink!" And then you say, "uh...the foundation is excellent. The location is excellent. I can easily paint it and then I just have a perfect house." That's called value. Buying low. We nailed that.

But forget the fact that we nailed draft value on a number of our picks.

Forget that every one of our picks has terrific upside.

My biggest excitement is the number of potential day one starters from this draft.

Jon Baldwin - WR2
    Rodney Hudson - C
    Justin Houston - LOLB
    Jerrell Powe - NT
    Shane Brannon - FB (top of depth chart, though FB might not be an official "starter")

Add to that the contributions to special teams by Miller, Brown, and Bailey.

Also, Stanzi hopefully gives us an upgrade at the backup QB spot.

We are looking at five potential starters on Day 1 from this draft. Three of those players

I know people are saying we reached on Jon Baldwin. They wanted us to take Torrey Smith, the "burner." Guess what? Baldwin is taller, thicker, better leaping, better hands, and only a few HUNDREDTHS of a second slower than everyone's "burner."

Besides, Baldwin had one rough year. That year the entire team fell apart. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. He has no other issues to speak of. He made a comment after a frustrating game. Big deal. The guy isn't a thug. He's not out stealing cars. He made a dumb comment to a dumb "reporter" from NFLdraftscout.com.

Oh man, I'm getting really, really pumped about this team. We are almost to a point where bringing in a few key free agents will really make a difference.

I will be very interested to see how this draft works out. For the first time in awhile I think the chiefs drafted the way chiefs fans wanted them too.

Looking at the two drafts prior to this one it looks like Pioli drafted in a completely different manner. My guess is that one of two things happened.
    1. The lack of free agency led to draft that focused much more on filling positions of need instead of best player available.

OR

2. Pioli has a better idea(same ideas as us) of what the true team needs are since he has been around the team a few years.

Time will tell, but on paper this years draft class makes much more sense than any of the prior Pioli drafts since he joined this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    This was an EXCELLENT draft. We have three legit first round TALENTS in houston, hudson, and baldwin. They fell for PERCEIVED reasons. Here's the thing...if no one will buy a house because it's pink, the price goes down. If you don't mind a pink house, then you got an excellent value. Everyone will sit around saying, "You shouldn't have bought that house! It's pink!" And then you say, "uh...the foundation is excellent. The location is excellent. I can easily paint it and then I just have a perfect house." That's called value. Buying low. We nailed that.

My biggest excitement is the number of potential day one starters from this draft.

Jon Baldwin - WR2
    Rodney Hudson - C
    Justin Houston - LOLB
    Jerrell Powe - NT
    Shane Brannon - FB (top of depth chart, though FB might not be an official "starter")

We are looking at five potential starters on Day 1 from this draft. Three of those players

I know people are saying we reached on Jon Baldwin. They wanted us to take Torrey Smith, the "burner." Guess what? Baldwin is taller, thicker, better leaping, better hands, and only a few HUNDREDTHS of a second slower than everyone's "burner."

Besides, Baldwin had one rough year. That year the entire team fell apart. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. He has no other issues to speak of. He made a comment after a frustrating game. Big deal. The guy isn't a thug. He's not out stealing cars. He made a dumb comment to a dumb "reporter" from NFLdraftscout.com.

Oh man, I'm getting really, really pumped about this team. We are almost to a point where bringing in a few key free agents will really make a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I will be very interested to see how this draft works out. For the first time in awhile I think the chiefs drafted the way chiefs fans wanted them too.

Looking at the two drafts prior to this one it looks like Pioli drafted in a completely different manner. My guess is that one of two things happened.
    1. The lack of free agency led to draft that focused much more on filling positions of need instead of best player available.

OR

2. Pioli has a better idea(same ideas as us) of what the true team needs are since he has been around the team a few years.

Time will tell, but on paper this years draft class makes much more sense than any of the prior Pioli drafts since he joined this franchise.
    Until other wise proven , I agree with both of you.
    I am liking this draft, I think we got a sleeper or two. I am not concerned about some of the negatives I have heard or read about. We have and have drafted in prior drafts, leaders that can help shape this rookie class.

i'm sure Baldwin & Hudson are expected to start right away, while Houston, Powe, Brannon, and Bailey will be situational players for now as well as special teamers as well as miller , brown and stanzi providing good depth

Powe will rotate in with Edwards to start. Those guys just don't play all the snaps themselves. However, Houston should instantly be challenging Studebaker for that starting spot. And if Studebaker wins it, good for him. I'm trying to not put too much stock in that two interception game of his, but I am always rooting for our young players to boom.

This draft can put us into the elite teams of the NFL
    They say you can hit on all your picks i say why not?

I am still just buzzing over the potential of this draft
    I would select Baldwin over T Smith 99 times out of a hundred
    Hudson will start at center for years
    Houston is going to be a beast in this defense just you wait and see
    Bailey teamed with Dorsey and Jackson for the next several years Outstanding! He has what it takes He will be a better pro than college player

Quote Originally Posted by stevefuller View Post
    This draft can put us into the elite teams of the NFL
    We will soon find out because we play all of the elite teams next year. 1st place schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    We will soon find out because we play all of the elite teams next year. 1st place schedule.
    If they play at all. We should be oohing and awing or grumbling about FA's or UDFA's GET THIS LOCKOUT OVER WITH!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post

Jon Baldwin - WR2
    Rodney Hudson - C
    Justin Houston - LOLB
    Jerrell Powe - NT

Don't get all pissed off with Haley when your predictions don't happen.

Baldwin may start day one, but only because there is no one else really good enough to start instead of him. I would be hard pressed to consider Baldwin a legit #2 Wr. He still has a lot to learn before starting, and with the current situation with the lock out, he may not be signed until a week before they play games, and he will be so far behind compared to any other WR on the team last year. I do expect him to be the starting WR by the end of his first season.

Hudson has the best chance to start day one. Still has the same Lock Out issues as all rookies, but depending on Free agency, he would be the only Center on the roster, unless we resign Weigmann and Niswanger. If one of those two are signed, Hudson would have to be a clear favorite in any type of training camp there is to get the start. Again, though I expect him to be the starter by the end of the season.

Many analysis are saying Justion Houston dropped to the third round for more than his Drug testing. They feel he is a one trick pony and will need to develop as a player other than just a speed rusher. He is also very inconsistent and many feel that his numbers fell, when teams were able to account for his one sided speed rush only. He is probably situational this year, with a decent future ahead of him as long as he puts in the effort.

Jerrell Powe, could be a starter day one. The biggest conern with him is staying in shape. Many feel he may only be a 1st and 2nd down NT until he understands the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Don't get all pissed off with Haley when your predictions don't happen.

Baldwin may start day one, but only because there is no one else really good enough to start instead of him. I would be hard pressed to consider Baldwin a legit #2 Wr. He still has a lot to learn before starting, and with the current situation with the lock out, he may not be signed until a week before they play games, and he will be so far behind compared to any other WR on the team last year. I do expect him to be the starting WR by the end of his first season.

Hudson has the best chance to start day one. Still has the same Lock Out issues as all rookies, but depending on Free agency, he would be the only Center on the roster, unless we resign Weigmann and Niswanger. If one of those two are signed, Hudson would have to be a clear favorite in any type of training camp there is to get the start. Again, though I expect him to be the starter by the end of the season.

Many analysis are saying Justion Houston dropped to the third round for more than his Drug testing. They feel he is a one trick pony and will need to develop as a player other than just a speed rusher. He is also very inconsistent and many feel that his numbers fell, when teams were able to account for his one sided speed rush only. He is probably situational this year, with a decent future ahead of him as long as he puts in the effort.

Jerrell Powe, could be a starter day one. The biggest concern with him is staying in shape. Many feel he may only be a 1st and 2nd down NT until he understands the game.

thats what i said but you said it much better!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast