Thread: Now That Draft is Done....Free Agency

Default Now That Draft is Done....Free Agency

The Timeline has switched this off season; but now that we have saw what needs the Chiefs have addressed through this years draft; What is everyone take on Free Agency when it happens?

Any Targets?

I had mentioned before That I could see us targeting Matt Light on a 1 year deal to man the RT position or add depth. This still may be a possibility. Seeing as they didn't add an OT in the Draft make's me think they are pretty high on Albert and Richardson moving forward. But Light shouldn't warrant a high ticket price due to his age (33) With NE drafting Solder in Round1 I see Volmer moving to LT for them and Solder manning the RT position making Light expendable. I'm not saying this fixes our issues with our OT position, but he would add depth and knowledge for our younger o-lineman for at least one year, and he has the history with Pioli of course.

I see a move at Tackle or Center happening, both of our centers this year were a little long in the tooth.

I also see we would go after another receiver in the off season. It will not be a big name, but we will go after at least one, maybe two.

I could also see an inside linebacker on our list of guys as well. I am not sure who, but I would expect to see one at least.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I've believed Light could be a possible Chief for some time now. They surely won't go with 3 OT's again.
    I also feel a NT is possible, maybe Franklin from SF. The Chiefs can afford a 3 yr 28 mil deal to bring him here.
    A WR is also possible, some one with speed. Tucker is improving, but is probably a year or 2 from being productive.

right tackle could use an upgrade for the short term

steve smith NYG

perfect slot receiver for us

I'm just interested to see, now with the draft done, who we can pick up to help us. Our schedule looks daunting, so I'd like to see some more jumps in talent made.

I like Breaston as well at WR. Smith from NY would be nice as well. Franklin from SF would be amazing... I expect Powe to take some time to be productive and I am not sure that we resign S Smith. So that leaves Edwards and Torribio.

Because I don't read a lot of stuff in the off season, where is everyone getting this notion that we won't re-sign Shaun Smith? Seems a bit early to guess that kind of stuff.

I will list my three FA hopefuls.
    You must realize Pioli seldom blows big money this way.
    I personally would hanker up a bigtime offer for the franchise corner from Oakland and complete the best secondary in the game.

Back to reality now.
    I will start at #3
    3)Kevin Burnett or Barrett Ruud ILB
    2)Santana Moss WR
    1)Light Tyson Clabo or Jammal Brown OT

We need help at ILB. This would sure it up.
    Moss starts opposite Bowe. Does anyone really want a rookie starting opposite Bowe. Bring Baldwin into offense slowly(especially in the Redzone)
    Light would start at LT(Albert slide over to RT)

With the exception of Stanzi(who i personnaly love my son and i was hoping we would draft him as the rounds went by we never thought we would get him i think this will ultimately be a steal...not quite as big as Brady but a steal!) with the exception of stanzi we have solid depth everywhere An injury to Cassell could be a brutal blow but lets not go there ok

LBers
    Hali Rudd DJ Houston
    WRs
    Bowe Moss Baldwin McCluster
    OL
    Light Waters Hudson Lilga Alberts

Don't see us taking a flier on Moss....I just don't.

Now Breatson I have been high on all off season, I just see the past relationship with Haley that could lead him here. He could be our WR2 day one and let Baldwin develop, but yes I still see us adding a WR.

I don't see us signing a FA to fill a hole for a year and moving people around (ie signing Matt Light to play LT and Moving Albert to RT.) if we sign Light he will play RT and Albert will stay at LT.

I could see targeting an ILB, Safety Depth, OT, and NT.