Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sounds like Clark is...

Default Sounds like Clark is...

Working on getting other owners and such involved on getting this labor deal worked out from what I have read. Mr. Hunt is one of the better owners around right now. He wants a deal and a season...He sees Superbowl ahead!

All these people are pissing me off, just work together before its too late. I don't understand the problems...nothing was wrong with the league before besides a few rules Goodell put in place.

I blaming more of the players union cause they are not wanting to agree to anything but their own terms.
    This is why I hate unions, never do any good things for you.

Maybe Clark can Rally the rest of the owners and players to work something out soon.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I've never been a union employee and I've somehow survived. When I was being underpaid, I changed employers instead of picketing or refusing to work. Old fashioned I guess.
    So you've never been part of a union and you have "survived". Some unions help you earn a pretty good living.

When I am being underpaid, my union negotiates my contract with my employer. I dont refuse work or picket but if I am being treated unfairly, its nice to have someone there to stand up for me so I dont have to change jobs and start all over again.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Work somewhere without a union and tell me you still hate them.
    I still hate them. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    So you've never been part of a union and you have "survived". Some unions help you earn a pretty good living.

When I am being underpaid, my union negotiates my contract with my employer. I dont refuse work or picket but if I am being treated unfairly, its nice to have someone there to stand up for me so I dont have to change jobs and start all over again.
    What is your option if the union negotiates a deal that you find unfair for you and your family or that you simply don't agree with?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    What is your option if the union negotiates a deal that you find unfair for you and your family or that you simply don't agree with?
    My union consults every member of the union, gives us a list of issues that will be brought up and we rank them in order of importance. In that order they go to the bargaining table. If no agreement is reached, then I go to work and I have no contract until one is reached at which time I am paid retroactively from the day my contract expired.

If I am in disagreement with what the union has accomplished, I vote differently at the next union rep election.

Tell me...what is someone who gets a deal that they think is unfair supposed to do without a union? I heard one solution on here, quit your job and go find another one.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    We are seeing the same thing happening in basketball. The players for the most part are young, dumb and stupid. They have no business sense.

I see it like this, I see the owners asking the players to give a little back to help grow the league even more. The players just figure they can keep taking and the owners will just give them money, afterall, the rich have all the money they need so just take it from them.

That is how I see it. If the players were smart, they would give the 1 billion additional off the top, come back stronger than ever and in two years, they will be making 2 billion more than they are making now. The owners will have made improvements to the stadiums to make the fan experience even better and money will be coming in hand over fist.

Have a little future thought here, the players stand to make a lot more down the road on a league that is making 11 billion per year, than they do a league that is making 9 billion a year.

And if they miss games this season, the return will be even worse. Drop that to less than 6 billion a year for a shortened season and wait 5 years before the league gets back to 9 billion.

That is about how long it took baseball to come back.
    The NBA is one of the reason I was not one saying the owners need to open there books. They did it back in 99 and still missed half the season. It would lead to an arugment over the numbers and thats about all it would do. The players would say your makeing money the owners will still say were not makeing enough.

To me if the owners appeal is granted and the lockout is put back on for good then what they really need is the NFL needs a new set of lawyers and new set of reps at the table and the players need a new union chief and a new group of players at the table. The current groups on both sides have proven they can't get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The current groups on both sides have proven they can't get the job done.
    This!!!!!!

You have to have two sides negotiating, each side needs to have negotiators. Only one side does have negotiators, the other disbanded their ability. So where does it leave all sides? Players can still play, and live up to there contracts, or not. You are paid to play. True negotiations are needed by both sides. But who is going to make a deal for the players, when they chose to disband their union! To me it is up to each player to play or not. The Owners should cancel the lock out to players who want to play out their signed contracts. Players need to reinstate their union and get to the table and meet at a center point, make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The NBA is one of the reason I was not one saying the owners need to open there books. They did it back in 99 and still missed half the season. It would lead to an arugment over the numbers and thats about all it would do. The players would say your makeing money the owners will still say were not makeing enough.

To me if the owners appeal is granted and the lockout is put back on for good then what they really need is the NFL needs a new set of lawyers and new set of reps at the table and the players need a new union chief and a new group of players at the table. The current groups on both sides have proven they can't get the job done.
    Yup! At this point I could care less who wins; I just want football.

Some reports said if the teams loses in appeal in curt, they might shut down until a new CBA.
    Will Hunt back this up? or he may contact other teams to play in a parallel league?
    He has some family history to back up.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    If the players were smart, they would give the 1 billion additional off the top,
    That makes perfect business sense to me.

Wait.

Are you sure that it makes sense to just give up on a billion dollars because the folks you are doing business with, (who happen to make astronomically more than you do from your efforts) claim they do not make enough money?

In case you have missed everything about business.... ever.... Collecting more money for ownership most certainly does not translate to an equal amount re-invested. It does not even guarantee any added re-investment.

What you can count on is a higher amount of money going into owners' pockets.

There is no way they get higher gross without keeping a percentage of that increase.

I don't think you believe that is a wise business decision. I think you have your side and will, under any circumstances, back your "side".

Let's test the theory....

You are in construction, correct?

If the builder comes to you and says that he is not making enough money from his part in your dealings, do you just gleefully accept any financial cuts he demands. or do you have something more to say than that?

Also, if he insists that you have to do an extra job each month, without getting an extra payment for that work, you down with that too?

You just trust that he has your best interests at heart and the concessions will actually mean better profits for you down the road...... somehow?

I bet you are not so quick to make such a financial sacrifice, without exploring all options.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast