Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Sounds like Clark is...

Default Sounds like Clark is...

Working on getting other owners and such involved on getting this labor deal worked out from what I have read. Mr. Hunt is one of the better owners around right now. He wants a deal and a season...He sees Superbowl ahead!

All these people are pissing me off, just work together before its too late. I don't understand the problems...nothing was wrong with the league before besides a few rules Goodell put in place.

I blaming more of the players union cause they are not wanting to agree to anything but their own terms.
    This is why I hate unions, never do any good things for you.

Maybe Clark can Rally the rest of the owners and players to work something out soon.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    What is the common ground? Yes there is money, or profits to negotiate over. The problem is, no representation from players to negotiate. There is no union, they disbanded it, they are the ones going to court over this. Players are suing the owners. The owners want to negotiate, players want the courts to decide. I am all for some of the issues on both sides. Especially the retirement and pension items for retired players, but I am disappointed in the way the players never negotiate in good faith. To me that says, they do not care, they just want money.
    IDK, I just wish I had some opportunity in my life that I could make the minimum salary that they all get. So in reality thinking. They are all, both sides, pissing me off!
    I dont think either side was negotiating in good faith. the owners tried to set aside $4 billion 2 years ago in preparation for a lockout.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    What is the common ground? Yes there is money, or profits to negotiate over. The problem is, no representation from players to negotiate. There is no union, they disbanded it, they are the ones going to court over this. Players are suing the owners. The owners want to negotiate, players want the courts to decide. I am all for some of the issues on both sides. Especially the retirement and pension items for retired players, but I am disappointed in the way the players never negotiate in good faith. To me that says, they do not care, they just want money.
    IDK, I just wish I had some opportunity in my life that I could make the minimum salary that they all get. So in reality thinking. They are all, both sides, pissing me off!
    While I do agree the players have not really been negotiating in good faith they have been talking. The owners signed an agreement to not use the fact they are talking to say they are still a union.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    In the last 20 years there have been 12 different teams to win the World Series and 13 different teams to win the Super Bowl. Seems salary caps dont make that much of a difference. Every team in MLB has the opportunity to go after big name players, they just choose not to.
    There might be a mix in world series winners but teams like Boston New York and Philly seem to be in the hunt every year. If you look at the Yankees currert roster more then half were free agent singings. The Yankees based on being in the largest market in the world and there tv station have more to spend then anyone eles. Teams like Kansas City Cleveland in smaller markets can't offer the money they can on one player. The bigger your market the easier it is for you to compete in Baseball. IMO that hurts the game.

I dont think either side was negotiating in good faith. the owners tried to set aside $4 billion 2 years ago in preparation for a lockout.
    This Both side felt hey had an ace up there sleeve and felt they could force the others sides hand. Neither side wanted to really talk about getting a deal done.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post

There might be a mix in world series winners but teams like Boston New York and Philly seem to be in the hunt every year. If you look at the Yankees currert roster more then half were free agent singings. The Yankees based on being in the largest market in the world and there tv station have more to spend then anyone eles. Teams like Kansas City Cleveland in smaller markets can't offer the money they can on one player. The bigger your market the easier it is for you to compete in Baseball. IMO that hurts the game.

Teams like New England, Pittsburgh, Indy seem to be in the hunt every year. The 90s were SF, Dallas, Green Bay. It happens every year. All teams have the same opportunity to spend the money on making a winner, some just choose not to.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

To hell with them all! Lets start are own Football league. We will start by paying players in beer, bring your own football equipment. Fans can watch by providing beer for the players. We will only play in venues that have volunteer fire and rescue depts, so no need of paying for on site injury cost, player goes to the hospital, player will have there own medical insurance or not to cover. Besides a cold beer will help take away the pain, why after a few, the player will get back into the game. But fans like to have food and drink, at venues where games are played, so there for it is bring your own plus extra, preferable beer, for the players. Tailgates are strongly encouraged, and there is no parking fees. Children are most welcome to visit with players before, after and sometimes during the game with there favorite players. This can be done, and has been for A long time all across this world, in sporting events. As a younger man in life, I participated in so many much fun filled Sunday afternoons doing just the same.
    I care not about bs, I love this game of football, and I love the NFL Team Kansas City Chiefs! But my live is fuller when I am with family and friends, doing or participating in events, more so than the event its self. So Player and Owners listen up, its the fans you are both losing here, and we can go on with out you.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 05-18-2011 at 11:00 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456