Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sounds like Clark is...

Hybrid View

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Default Sounds like Clark is...

0 Not allowed!
    Working on getting other owners and such involved on getting this labor deal worked out from what I have read. Mr. Hunt is one of the better owners around right now. He wants a deal and a season...He sees Superbowl ahead!

All these people are pissing me off, just work together before its too late. I don't understand the problems...nothing was wrong with the league before besides a few rules Goodell put in place.

I blaming more of the players union cause they are not wanting to agree to anything but their own terms.
    This is why I hate unions, never do any good things for you.

Maybe Clark can Rally the rest of the owners and players to work something out soon.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

0 Not allowed!
    Work somewhere without a union and tell me you still hate them.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Maybe there is an industry that benefits from a union, but so far where I worked none we worth anything. In fact, at my job it makes people lazy. I know that the union people were actually topping out less than the none union people.

Ive worked all but one job in a union and that job just made me pay dues and I got fired for a BS reason.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Maybe there is an industry that benefits from a union, but so far where I worked none we worth anything. In fact, at my job it makes people lazy. I know that the union people were actually topping out less than the none union people.

Ive worked all but one job in a union and that job just made me pay dues and I got fired for a BS reason.
    Then you had a sh!tty union. You have lazy employees...but those employees are the union. That might be part of the problem!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I still hate them. LOL

Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 78

0 Not allowed!
    I think they need to get new people on both side of this whole mess. The people who have been in charge of getting this done so far have done a horrible job. Get new people in there on both sides and see if they can get the job done.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 27

0 Not allowed!
    I've never been a union employee and I've somehow survived. When I was being underpaid, I changed employers instead of picketing or refusing to work. Old fashioned I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think they need to get new people on both side of this whole mess. The people who have been in charge of getting this done so far have done a horrible job. Get new people in there on both sides and see if they can get the job done.
    This is a great idea

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I've never been a union employee and I've somehow survived. When I was being underpaid, I changed employers instead of picketing or refusing to work. Old fashioned I guess.
    I've worked union and non union jobs. Up until I became a paramedic (my first unionized job) I never made more than $9/hr. Now with my union, I make $33/hr, full benefits, vacation etc. I dont have the luxury of packing up and finding another employer if things dont go my way. While I dont agree with everything unions do, it is nice to have a group of employees looking out for my best interest.

I also dont have to option of picketing or refusing to work.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    So you've never been part of a union and you have "survived". Some unions help you earn a pretty good living.

When I am being underpaid, my union negotiates my contract with my employer. I dont refuse work or picket but if I am being treated unfairly, its nice to have someone there to stand up for me so I dont have to change jobs and start all over again.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    So you've never been part of a union and you have "survived". Some unions help you earn a pretty good living.

When I am being underpaid, my union negotiates my contract with my employer. I dont refuse work or picket but if I am being treated unfairly, its nice to have someone there to stand up for me so I dont have to change jobs and start all over again.
    What is your option if the union negotiates a deal that you find unfair for you and your family or that you simply don't agree with?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast