Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sounds like Clark is...

Default Sounds like Clark is...

Working on getting other owners and such involved on getting this labor deal worked out from what I have read. Mr. Hunt is one of the better owners around right now. He wants a deal and a season...He sees Superbowl ahead!

All these people are pissing me off, just work together before its too late. I don't understand the problems...nothing was wrong with the league before besides a few rules Goodell put in place.

I blaming more of the players union cause they are not wanting to agree to anything but their own terms.
    This is why I hate unions, never do any good things for you.

Maybe Clark can Rally the rest of the owners and players to work something out soon.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Work somewhere without a union and tell me you still hate them.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I think they need to get new people on both side of this whole mess. The people who have been in charge of getting this done so far have done a horrible job. Get new people in there on both sides and see if they can get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I've never been a union employee and I've somehow survived. When I was being underpaid, I changed employers instead of picketing or refusing to work. Old fashioned I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think they need to get new people on both side of this whole mess. The people who have been in charge of getting this done so far have done a horrible job. Get new people in there on both sides and see if they can get the job done.
    This is a great idea

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I've never been a union employee and I've somehow survived. When I was being underpaid, I changed employers instead of picketing or refusing to work. Old fashioned I guess.
    I've worked union and non union jobs. Up until I became a paramedic (my first unionized job) I never made more than $9/hr. Now with my union, I make $33/hr, full benefits, vacation etc. I dont have the luxury of packing up and finding another employer if things dont go my way. While I dont agree with everything unions do, it is nice to have a group of employees looking out for my best interest.

I also dont have to option of picketing or refusing to work.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Maybe there is an industry that benefits from a union, but so far where I worked none we worth anything. In fact, at my job it makes people lazy. I know that the union people were actually topping out less than the none union people.

Ive worked all but one job in a union and that job just made me pay dues and I got fired for a BS reason.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Working on getting other owners and such involved on getting this labor deal worked out from what I have read. Mr. Hunt is one of the better owners around right now. He wants a deal and a season...He sees Superbowl ahead!

All these people are pissing me off, just work together before its too late. I don't understand the problems...nothing was wrong with the league before besides a few rules Goodell put in place.

I blaming more of the players union cause they are not wanting to agree to anything but their own terms.
    This is why I hate unions, never do any good things for you.

Maybe Clark can Rally the rest of the owners and players to work something out soon.
    Following in Lamar's footsteps.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Maybe there is an industry that benefits from a union, but so far where I worked none we worth anything. In fact, at my job it makes people lazy. I know that the union people were actually topping out less than the none union people.

Ive worked all but one job in a union and that job just made me pay dues and I got fired for a BS reason.
    Then you had a sh!tty union. You have lazy employees...but those employees are the union. That might be part of the problem!!

We are seeing the same thing happening in basketball. The players for the most part are young, dumb and stupid. They have no business sense.

I see it like this, I see the owners asking the players to give a little back to help grow the league even more. The players just figure they can keep taking and the owners will just give them money, afterall, the rich have all the money they need so just take it from them.

That is how I see it. If the players were smart, they would give the 1 billion additional off the top, come back stronger than ever and in two years, they will be making 2 billion more than they are making now. The owners will have made improvements to the stadiums to make the fan experience even better and money will be coming in hand over fist.

Have a little future thought here, the players stand to make a lot more down the road on a league that is making 11 billion per year, than they do a league that is making 9 billion a year.

And if they miss games this season, the return will be even worse. Drop that to less than 6 billion a year for a shortened season and wait 5 years before the league gets back to 9 billion.

That is about how long it took baseball to come back.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    We are seeing the same thing happening in basketball. The players for the most part are young, dumb and stupid. They have no business sense.

I see it like this, I see the owners asking the players to give a little back to help grow the league even more. The players just figure they can keep taking and the owners will just give them money, afterall, the rich have all the money they need so just take it from them.

That is how I see it. If the players were smart, they would give the 1 billion additional off the top, come back stronger than ever and in two years, they will be making 2 billion more than they are making now. The owners will have made improvements to the stadiums to make the fan experience even better and money will be coming in hand over fist.

Have a little future thought here, the players stand to make a lot more down the road on a league that is making 11 billion per year, than they do a league that is making 9 billion a year.

And if they miss games this season, the return will be even worse. Drop that to less than 6 billion a year for a shortened season and wait 5 years before the league gets back to 9 billion.

That is about how long it took baseball to come back.
    Are you sure you don't mean Binillion??

Would that be more or less money in Canada?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast