4 13.33%
  • 4 games (division only then playoffs)

0 0%
  • 8 games (1/2 of the regular season)

6 20.00%
  • 16 games (full season)

20 66.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How much of a season will there be?

Default How much of a season will there be?

I am getting very skeptical of there being a 16 game regular season. Just wanted to see where everybody else is.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzed View Post
    I suppose we'll learn to love soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    Sums up my thoughts nicely
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzed View Post
    I passed skeptical in December. It's interesting to read the terms and conditions of the sale of tickets. It doesn't spell it out but...if any team shows up wearing KC colors then that counts as a game and it does not allow for a refund. The only way a refund is possible is if a game is not played by anyone and there is no rescheduled game even if that game is decades in the future. This is not just Kansas City but all the teams have this sort of wording. It's the edge of the razor. The "experiment" of using "substitute" players is well remembered on the other hand, it's also been learned that though fans will complain, they'll still go to the game even if they boo the players. Addiction to football is strong and in few places is that more true than in Kansas City. The teams that have a more transient population, such as in Florida and Southern California, would, I think, be the ones most tempted to try the "substitute" player route. However, they've go to have teams to play and that may be difficult. Regrettably this is an argument that has been a very long time coming and has been kicked down the road too many times. There are "created" grievances on both sides but the overarching one is not "Show me the money" but rather "Give me the money." Even as recently as a year ago some compromise might have been achieved. But now? It's not just who might blink first but who can stick their finger in the other side's eye the strongest. I suppose we'll learn to love soccer.
    It appears to me those with more negotiating power (the ones who can afford it) on both sides are allowing their ego's to interfere with resolving the lockout, issues & money have become secondary to ego's involved, as well as over taking any mature and reasonable negotiating sense.

As far as 'no refunds'...I'm a season ticket holder, and the Chiefs offices gave me their word if I paid them for my 2011 season ticket renewal, I would be issued a refund for every game not held. During my conversation of renewal concerns with them, I specifically brought up the 'what if' possibility of replacement players. They also assured me that would not happen, they would not bring in replacement players, and I would not be paying to watch replacement players on the field.

I'm wise enough to never say never, but until I experience differently, I'm going to believe the Chiefs offices were being honest with me.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

You and me both!! I'm passionate about football...period! I was raised a Chiefs fan, and don't know life without the Chiefs being a part of it. If there's no Chiefs football in 2011...I will literally feel a part of who I am as a person has been lost. A hollow empty feeling will be within me, no doubt about it! Chiefs are a very part of my being, my heart.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

You forgot the obligatory "I don't know" category.

I'm with you soccer blows!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123