Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Crowd contest idea...

Default Chiefs Crowd contest idea...

I was thinking of ways we could maybe generate more activity at Chiefs Crowd during the off season and current lockout. I have a Dallas Texans Riddell throwback mini helmet autographed by Len Dawson, that I would like to offer up as a prize to the winner of a Chiefs Crowd contest.

The contest idea would need to be one that will inspire more frequent activity by members, & possibly related to a members participation/activity somehow. Any contest ideas, suggestions, or general thoughts about a contest to inspire more participation during this slow time?

We could have Chiefs trivia on a couple certain days weekly...the first member to respond correctly get's points, then at the end of a 30 day cycle the person with the most points win's the mini helmet? The negative aspect I see with an online trivia though is it would have to be on an honor system, no way to prevent someone from Googling the answers. Not that Chiefs Crowd members aren't honest, hahaha...just sayin based upon experience when we played trivia every Friday night at Kid Rock's website during it's slow time, which was typically winter, no tours. Some members admitted to Googling, but they were honest with admitting they Googled, lol.

We could have mini contests within the main contest...give points for each mini contest won, the member again with the most points in a 30 day cycle winning. Example: we could have a mini contest asking members to submit their funniest or most embarrassing moment attending a Chiefs game...members would then vote on which members memory is the funniest. Another would be to ask members to submit their funniest tailgating photo, or most awesome game photo, and so on?

Just thinking out loud here...

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I would suggest more that one set of trivia questions, make us work for the answers, otherwise the contest will be over before all get a chance to play.
    I agree, the labor dispute could go on indefinitely. The contest thread would, also, need to keep a clear and accurate score of who has correctly answered each question. Also, I would suggest that we mods be excluded from the contest to avoid any perceived impropriety; basically so that no one can claim that board leadership cheated in any way. ...Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I'm good at coming up with ideas, but not contest rules and format, which is why I hoped you'd do that part for me, LOL. Whatever you think works best works for me as far as game rules, timespan, all that. Would I start a thread here in the Locker Room? Also...any suggestions as to letting members know about the contest in advance of it beginning, so in fairness to all they can participate if wanting to?
    I would recommend the following:

A thread stated by you in "KC Chiefs News and Discussion" relating to Chiefs only trivia or in the "Locker Room" if you open it up to All general trivia. As far as letting people know of the contest: I think that starting a thread a week or two prior to the contest advertising it making mention of specific rules in the thread starter would, hopefully, be sufficient. You could post a reply to it each day counting down the days until the start of the contest. This would daily keep the thread atop of the page in the forum list and would be better then simply making it a "sticky thread" keeping it in the "unread" list as well. With this being June all this would need to transpire relatively quickly; I would say the contest would need to begin no later than July first and run for a couple of months at least or until we have football, or until you run out of trivia questions. LOL! You could have one or two questions a day in the trivia thread that would be open for no more then an hour for each question or until the question/s has been correctly answered.

Suggested rules:

1. Trivia answers may be obtained by whatever means available.

2. Members may start or reply to a thread started by other members for the expressed purpose of answering the current unanswered question will the trivia thread is closed, but only the member who answers it correctly in the "Official" trivia game thread will be given credit for the answer.

3. All site rules: Read Before Posting - Kansas City Chiefs Forums must be adhered to by all participants.

4. All site "Leaders" are ineligible.

These are only suggested contest rules from one mod. I would suggest getting input from all the mods and not the least from Coach himself.

I hope this has been of some assistance kiddo!
    Last edited by Chiefster; 06-02-2011 at 02:31 AM.

I am definitely ok with your idea Connie! Proceed and I an happy to put up chiefscrowd logo'd merchandise as a prize as well. Let me know what you would like from me to get started.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I am definitely ok with your idea Connie! Proceed and I an happy to put up chiefscrowd logo'd merchandise as a prize as well. Let me know what you would like from me to get started.
    Well then it is official, proceed with the contest. Coach has approved it.

I need help! I'm already confused, LOL. I'm okay with whatever rules Coach & mods agree on. I personally don't have an issue with a mod participating, can't imagine any one thinking one of our mods would be dishonest, y'all are as honest as George Washington! haha

Seems to me more members participate in the Chiefs forums than Locker Room, so that is where I think it would be best to post initial announcement of the contest, rules, etc.. The contest itself we could have in the Locker Room, or Chiefs forum too for that matter, since it is Chiefs related.

Could one of you mods type out the rules after y'all decide them, that's where I begin to have confusion?

Coach has offered to add prizes too, which means we could have a first, second & third place...what do y'all think about that? Heck, maybe we could allow the first place winner to choose whichever prize they want. Someone could win who already has an autographed Len Dawson mini helmet, prefer one of the prizes Coach chooses to offer instead?

Anyway, I'll start researching questions and accuracy of answers, in the meantime if y'all could sort out the rules for me that would help alot! I like the idea of giving members time to come here & read the announcement, so starting the contest a couple weeks after the initial announcement thread is made is cool with me too TS. :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

The rules I posted are, obviously, tentative and whatever rules you and the rest of the leadership can think of and feel are necessary I will gladly support as long as there is a clear consensus regarding they're implementation. I just feel that the simpler and less complicated the rules are the better, but I could be wrong. As far as the thread announcing the contest and the contest thread itself goes: I'm of the opinion that if it is all Chiefs related then there's no need to go outside the Chiefs discussion forum. Anyone of the leadership members can start the thread announcing the contest that will be posted site wide in all forums as a site wide announcement. We just need your go ahead Connie whenever your ready after the rules have been agreed upon to your liking.

So, I guess where I'm at in this process is: does anyone else have any other thoughts regarding the rules I have already posted?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I would recommend the following:

A thread stated by you in "KC Chiefs News and Discussion" relating to Chiefs only trivia or in the "Locker Room" if you open it up to All general trivia. As far as letting people know of the contest: I think that starting a thread a week or two prior to the contest advertising it making mention of specific rules in the thread starter would, hopefully, be sufficient. You could post a reply to it each day counting down the days until the start of the contest. This would daily keep the thread atop of the page in the forum list and would be better then simply making it a "sticky thread" keeping it in the "unread" list as well. With this being June all this would need to transpire relatively quickly; I would say the contest would need to begin no later than July first and run for a couple of months at least or until we have football, or until you run out of trivia questions. LOL! You could have one or two questions a day in the trivia thread that would be open for no more then an hour for each question or until the question/s has been correctly answered.

Suggested rules:

1. Trivia answers may be obtained by whatever means available.

2. Members may start or reply to a thread started by other members for the expressed purpose of answering the current unanswered question will the trivia thread is closed, but only the member who answers it correctly in the "Official" trivia game thread will be given credit for the answer.

3. All site rules: Read Before Posting - Kansas City Chiefs Forums must be adhered to by all participants.

4. All site "Leaders" are ineligible.

These are only suggested contest rules from one mod. I would suggest getting input from all the mods and not the least from Coach himself.

I hope this has been of some assistance kiddo!
    I agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I need help! I'm already confused, LOL. I'm okay with whatever rules Coach & mods agree on. I personally don't have an issue with a mod participating, can't imagine any one thinking one of our mods would be dishonest, y'all are as honest as George Washington! haha

Seems to me more members participate in the Chiefs forums than Locker Room, so that is where I think it would be best to post initial announcement of the contest, rules, etc.. The contest itself we could have in the Locker Room, or Chiefs forum too for that matter, since it is Chiefs related.

Could one of you mods type out the rules after y'all decide them, that's where I begin to have confusion?

Coach has offered to add prizes too, which means we could have a first, second & third place...what do y'all think about that? Heck, maybe we could allow the first place winner to choose whichever prize they want. Someone could win who already has an autographed Len Dawson mini helmet, prefer one of the prizes Coach chooses to offer instead?

Anyway, I'll start researching questions and accuracy of answers, in the meantime if y'all could sort out the rules for me that would help alot! I like the idea of giving members time to come here & read the announcement, so starting the contest a couple weeks after the initial announcement thread is made is cool with me too TS. :)
    Just make sure what you are offering as a prize is from you, and make the contest series of questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    The rules I posted are, obviously, tentative and whatever rules you and the rest of the leadership can think of and feel are necessary I will gladly support as long as there is a clear consensus regarding they're implementation. I just feel that the simpler and less complicated the rules are the better, but I could be wrong. As far as the thread announcing the contest and the contest thread itself goes: I'm of the opinion that if it is all Chiefs related then there's no need to go outside the Chiefs discussion forum. Anyone of the leadership members can start the thread announcing the contest that will be posted site wide in all forums as a site wide announcement. We just need your go ahead Connie whenever your ready after the rules have been agreed upon to your liking.

So, I guess where I'm at in this process is: does anyone else have any other thoughts regarding the rules I have already posted?
    I just want to make sure that it is not just won on a single post, for instants one set of trivial questions is answered, before an other member can post. So spread the questions out, and keep score, I guess. But who will keep score, best to start the contest in its own thread, and no hijacking the thread. Mods will delete any post not a answer to the question, any member that post in the answer thread in any way but to answer the question, will be banned from the contest.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I just want to make sure that it is not just won on a single post, for instants one set of trivial questions is answered, before an other member can post. So spread the questions out, and keep score, I guess. But who will keep score, best to start the contest in its own thread, and no hijacking the thread. Mods will delete any post not a answer to the question, any member that post in the answer thread in any way but to answer the question, will be banned from the contest.
    I second all of this.

I think that since Connie will be in charge of the contest questions then it will be easier for her to keep score. I will devote as much time and effort as possible to moderating the thread.

What is all this?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    What is all this?
    Holy shneikes! another HH sighting!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast