Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Crowd contest idea...

Default Chiefs Crowd contest idea...

I was thinking of ways we could maybe generate more activity at Chiefs Crowd during the off season and current lockout. I have a Dallas Texans Riddell throwback mini helmet autographed by Len Dawson, that I would like to offer up as a prize to the winner of a Chiefs Crowd contest.

The contest idea would need to be one that will inspire more frequent activity by members, & possibly related to a members participation/activity somehow. Any contest ideas, suggestions, or general thoughts about a contest to inspire more participation during this slow time?

We could have Chiefs trivia on a couple certain days weekly...the first member to respond correctly get's points, then at the end of a 30 day cycle the person with the most points win's the mini helmet? The negative aspect I see with an online trivia though is it would have to be on an honor system, no way to prevent someone from Googling the answers. Not that Chiefs Crowd members aren't honest, hahaha...just sayin based upon experience when we played trivia every Friday night at Kid Rock's website during it's slow time, which was typically winter, no tours. Some members admitted to Googling, but they were honest with admitting they Googled, lol.

We could have mini contests within the main contest...give points for each mini contest won, the member again with the most points in a 30 day cycle winning. Example: we could have a mini contest asking members to submit their funniest or most embarrassing moment attending a Chiefs game...members would then vote on which members memory is the funniest. Another would be to ask members to submit their funniest tailgating photo, or most awesome game photo, and so on?

Just thinking out loud here...

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I have all the Chiefs Trivia questions and answers now. I have a couple hundred, so hopefully I won't run out, but it's possible a question could be answered fairly quickly, haha. I'm still confused on the rules though, I'm not comprehending them.

@ TS..."Just make sure what you are offering as a prize is from you, and make the contest series of questions."
    Yes, I have the autographed Len Dawson retro Dallas Texans mini helmet, it's part of my personal collection. Is that what you mean? :/

Okay, this is what I'm reading/understanding...I'll start a Trivia thread in the Chiefs forum, the questions will be related to the Chiefs ONLY. The first person to answer a question correctly wins one point. Once it's answered correctly, I'll acknowledge it's been answered & by whom in that same thread, highlighting it so it's easily noticed the question has been answered correctly.

I'll continue on from that point in the same thread (?) to ask Trivia questions for a period of how long? Should I start a new thread for each question? The negative to asking a new question in it's own thread is we could have alot of Trivia question threads. I have no problem keeping score, but if we do it all in one thread then it's easy for everyone to go back through and verify the score also.

Shouldn't we set a particular day(s) & time in the evening the Trivia will take place to give everyone a fair opportunity to be here and answer?

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I have all the Chiefs Trivia questions and answers now. I have a couple hundred, so hopefully I won't run out, but it's possible a question could be answered fairly quickly, haha. I'm still confused on the rules though, I'm not comprehending them.

@ TS..."Just make sure what you are offering as a prize is from you, and make the contest series of questions."
    Yes, I have the autographed Len Dawson retro Dallas Texans mini helmet, it's part of my personal collection. Is that what you mean? :/

Okay, this is what I'm reading/understanding...I'll start a Trivia thread in the Chiefs forum, the questions will be related to the Chiefs ONLY. The first person to answer a question correctly wins one point. Once it's answered correctly, I'll acknowledge it's been answered & by whom in that same thread, highlighting it so it's easily noticed the question has been answered correctly.

I'll continue on from that point in the same thread (?) to ask Trivia questions for a period of how long? Should I start a new thread for each question? The negative to asking a new question in it's own thread is we could have alot of Trivia question threads. I have no problem keeping score, but if we do it all in one thread then it's easy for everyone to go back through and verify the score also.

Shouldn't we set a particular day(s) & time in the evening the Trivia will take place to give everyone a fair opportunity to be here and answer?
    Added note: Once we finalize the rules so that I know I understand them correctly, then I'll make a thread in the Chiefs forum announcing the Contest...including the prize(s) and rules/details. I'd like to begin the contest asap of course. :)

Another added note to Coach as well as Chiefster relating to prizes:

Coach generously & graciously offered to throw in some prizes too, so I would need to know what those prizes are before I can make a thread in the Chiefs forum giving all details of the Chiefs Crowd Trivia Contest.

Also, should we have one placement for each set of Triva contests, or 1st, 2nd, 3rd places based upon accumulated points of course? How long should we run each set of Trivia question contest threads? I'm thinking maybe ask a set of 25 questions per contest thread? Am I making sense? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    What is all this?
    Where the heck you been young man!

I was thinking that the entire contest would transpire in a single thread and not over a series of threads. Having a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place is fine with me. I think that the contest should have no time limit but should simply run until you run out of the number of questions you have been able to obtain. I think that if it runs into the start of the season then that's OK. I'm ready to begin moderating the contest thread. First of all will be the creation of the thread announcing the contest; as soon as we are clear on the rules. Let me know, Connie, when you are ready for the announcement thread and what rules you, TS and Coach agree on, you can do so in this thread or via PM, and I will make the announcement thread. Also, communicate with the me, TS, and Coach in PM's regarding any contest details and what length of time each day you would like to have the Trivia Thread opened up. I was thinking a couple of hours each day in an undisclosed time frame to try to make it fair. If the question is answered before the time span is up then you can go ahead and post another question or we can close the thread and reopen it the next day with a new question. It's up to you kiddo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I was thinking that the entire contest would transpire in a single thread and not over a series of threads. Having a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place is fine with me. I think that the contest should have no time limit but should simply run until you run out of the number of questions you have been able to obtain. I think that if it runs into the start of the season then that's OK. I'm ready to begin moderating the contest thread. First of all will be the creation of the thread announcing the contest; as soon as we are clear on the rules. Let me know, Connie, when you are ready for the announcement thread and what rules you, TS and Coach agree on, you can do so in this thread or via PM, and I will make the announcement thread. Also, communicate with the me, TS, and Coach in PM's regarding any contest details and what length of time each day you would like to have the Trivia Thread opened up. I was thinking a couple of hours each day in an undisclosed time frame to try to make it fair. If the question is answered before the time span is up then you can go ahead and post another question or we can close the thread and reopen it the next day with a new question. It's up to you kiddo.
    I like the rules & details you've come up with, I trust your judgement anyway...so if Coach & TS are good with those rules/details, we're good to go. :)

I like your option of "if the question is answered before the time span is up, then you can go ahead and post another question." I think if a question is answered quickly and that ends it for that day, we might lose interest in the contest???

What is all this?
    What is all this?
    Where the heck you been young man!
    Looks like another drive-by.

And, as for the trivia game...

I apologize Connie. I am usually in such a big hurry when I stop in here, that I often don't even read the Locker room threads. So I have not been able to keep up with the idea.

But I will try to win free stuff when the game begins.

The only problem I have with this, first correct answer then move to next question. I say thread open until correct answer. Thread closed by CJ with affirmation of correct answer and member. Thread reopened by CJ with next question. So all know we have moved on to the next question. Keeping score might be best correct out of ? questions.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Looks like another drive-by.

And, as for the trivia game...

I apologize Connie. I am usually in such a big hurry when I stop in here, that I often don't even read the Locker room threads. So I have not been able to keep up with the idea.

But I will try to win free stuff when the game begins.
    Mods are not allowed to participate, just help moderate.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    The only problem I have with this, first correct answer then move to next question. I say thread open until correct answer. Thread closed by CJ with affirmation of correct answer and member. Thread reopened by CJ with next question. So all know we have moved on to the next question. Keeping score might be best correct out of ? questions.
    Let me start again, make it a tournament style contest, give a series of questions, you only get one post to answer all the questions, you must answer best of the series correctly or your out, then you move to the next series of questions. If it is 5 questions and you get 3 correct you move on.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast