Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plaxico anyone

Default Plaxico anyone

Plaxico Burress just got released after serving 20 months for shooting himself in the leg. I know he's 34, he hasn't played in years, and we just picked up a young stud, but if it were up to me I would pick him up. If he can still play at a similar level to what he used to he is extremely valuable, who better to mentor our 6"5 first round pick then another 6"5 super bowl winning first round pick. We could probably sign him to a 1 or 2 year contract for peanuts. Also it's not like we are deep on WR's we got Bowe, Baldwin, Mccluster and ??????. I would love to see this guy in the mix, after Michael Vick you can't count anyone out. I also think he can still play he wasn't a speedster he was just a big guy with good hands, that doesn't go away like speed.

Maybe if he takes the veteran minimum.

I would be afraid he would spread some gangsterism to john baldwin, and we know he needs a strong structure to get away from that type of thing.

I would rather have Haley teach Baldwin than Burress, but that being said, if Plax has anything left in the tank and he's cheap, then why not give him a shot. I dont think hes a Pioli guy either.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

No thanks to much there. Theres a reason the Giants don't want him back.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I would be more for it if Baldwin didn't already have character issues... But Baldwin being so young and not having matured in the league yet I can guarantee he would respond more to Burress than the coaching staff and I just couldn't trust Buress to guide him down the right path.

When does he shoot himself in the other leg? This isn't Michael Vick, this is a poor shot with "street" tendencies. Of course, Vick had "street" tendencies as well. And, frankly, I'm not charmed or convinced with all this sweetness and light that Vick has been spreading that the "street" tendencies aren't still there. My compliments to the Philadelphia coaching team but I'll still hold reservations.

I see him being about as useful as Chambers was. I'd like too see what happens in free agency before entertaining the thought of him.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    I see him being about as useful as Chambers was. I'd like too see what happens in free agency before entertaining the thought of him.
    Chambers was never half the receiver Plaxico was. Plus if he can still play he would be a huge asset that guy is clutch.

the chiefs are a young team that are still growing and that went to the playoffs. IMO they are one year ahead of schedule. rather have a young player like Baldwin, grow with this team and make a name for himself.

No thanks, I would pass, if I had a choice in it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast