Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Research help needed relating to the sexes, haha...

Default Research help needed relating to the sexes, haha...

I'm doing some research into the differences between men and women that will help me help others through my volunteer counseling efforts.

I've noticed some men and women seem to be chauvinistic against the opposite sex, especially if they've had a negative experience. For instance, I have female friends who bash men in general, some are worse about it than others, but they have one common unity...a bad relationship, either existing or ended. They continue to have relationships with men even though they bash them, so they're contradictory in that aspect, lol. I have male friends who do the same, they stereotype all women as being the same after a negative experience with one.

Personally, my brain doesn't work like that...I probably have more reason to be bitter, angry, and hateful towards men than most women I know who bash men. However...I've never felt like that, I judge each person I cross paths with individually, male or female. Another contradiction is most women & men have had bad relationship experiences with those of their own gender sex also...be it a rival, x -friend, co-worker, whomever. They don't throw their own gender into a category of all being bad like they do when having a negative experience with the opposite gender.

So, if you don't mind participating in my research efforts I'd like to know your general observations of the differences between the genders in personality & behavior. If you're a woman...what negative traits in men do you see as being universal in all men? If you're a man...what negative traits of women do you see as all being the same?

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

My mom gives me clothes & accessories that are so far from my style, lol. You'd think after all these years she'd 'know' her own daughter, as my style hasn't evolved much since school days, lol. She bought a bright turquoise gawdy purse at a sale somewhere for me a couple yrs. ago. I guess my facial expression revealed I didn't care for it much, she said, "I thought turquoise was your favorite color"...I said, "no, red has been my favorite color for years, but I do love turquoise stone jewelry mom, not necessarily every thing in turquoise color, I'm sorry." She got mad. :/

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Yeah, that's touchy when a relative gives you something & it's not really 'you', haha. I usually find a way of not displaying it and giving a reason why that won't hurt their feelings...such as, well, I don't want it to get ruined, or am afraid the sun will damage it. Sometimes 'white lies' are okay if needing to spare someones feelings. :/
    That is not me. I am openly honest to a fault. I will tell them to that they are wasting their money and to stop it. If I wanted a stupid flower pin wheel in my yard, it would alredy be there. If I am going to put some stupid Lawn Ornament in my yard, it would something more along the lines of a Warning sign stating that our house is protected by GLOCK. (for Canada)

If you want to plant flowers okay, but if I hate that flower there is a good chance I accidently weed eat it or over spray with the round up.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    That is not me. I am openly honest to a fault. I will tell them to that they are wasting their money and to stop it. If I wanted a stupid flower pin wheel in my yard, it would alredy be there. If I am going to put some stupid Lawn Ornament in my yard, it would something more along the lines of a Warning sign stating that our house is protected by GLOCK. (for Canada)

If you want to plant flowers okay, but if I hate that flower there is a good chance I accidently weed eat it or over spray with the round up.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    My mom gives me clothes & accessories that are so far from my style, lol. You'd think after all these years she'd 'know' her own daughter, as my style hasn't evolved much since school days, lol. She bought a bright turquoise gawdy purse at a sale somewhere for me a couple yrs. ago. I guess my facial expression revealed I didn't care for it much, she said, "I thought turquoise was your favorite color"...I said, "no, red has been my favorite color for years, but I do love turquoise stone jewelry mom, not necessarily every thing in turquoise color, I'm sorry." She got mad. :/

I'm lucky my family nos all i wear outside of work is chiefs gear. That's it that's the list. It's to the point my fiance looked at me and said in a dead serious voice "YOUR NOT GOING TO OUR WEDDING IN A CHIEFS JERSEY" I might have been a little depressed about that LOL
    Last edited by matthewschiefs; 06-16-2011 at 02:18 AM.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I'm lucky my family nos all i wear outside of work is chiefs gear. That's it that's the list. It's to the point my fiance looked at me and said in a dead serious voice "YOUR NOT GOING TO OUR WEDDING IN A CHIEFS JERSEY" I might have been a little depressed about that LOL
    Yeah, my 'casual' or comfy around the house wear is majorily Chiefs t-shirts & sweats/shorts, I even wear Chiefs crocs, LOL. Going out on the town or partying though, I've worn nice jeans, blouse/shirt, cowboy boots, western/native style accessories for most of my adult life, & a large part of my younger years too. I'll wear a dress & dress shoes if I 'have' to, but it's rare, since most places we go now days wearing nice jeans/blouses is acceptable.

I don't foresee myself marrying again at this stage of life, but if I did...I'd get married at Arrowhead and have KC Wolf officiate, hahaha. HEY! Maybe you can convince your fiance' to let you wear a red shirt & yellow gold tie to your wedding if not a Chiefs jersey, haha. ;)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234