I'm doing some research into the differences between men and women that will help me help others through my volunteer counseling efforts.

I've noticed some men and women seem to be chauvinistic against the opposite sex, especially if they've had a negative experience. For instance, I have female friends who bash men in general, some are worse about it than others, but they have one common unity...a bad relationship, either existing or ended. They continue to have relationships with men even though they bash them, so they're contradictory in that aspect, lol. I have male friends who do the same, they stereotype all women as being the same after a negative experience with one.

Personally, my brain doesn't work like that...I probably have more reason to be bitter, angry, and hateful towards men than most women I know who bash men. However...I've never felt like that, I judge each person I cross paths with individually, male or female. Another contradiction is most women & men have had bad relationship experiences with those of their own gender sex also...be it a rival, x -friend, co-worker, whomever. They don't throw their own gender into a category of all being bad like they do when having a negative experience with the opposite gender.

So, if you don't mind participating in my research efforts I'd like to know your general observations of the differences between the genders in personality & behavior. If you're a woman...what negative traits in men do you see as being universal in all men? If you're a man...what negative traits of women do you see as all being the same?