Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Joe Posnanski's "Kansas City Goodbye"

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default Joe Posnanski's "Kansas City Goodbye"


    0 Not allowed!
    I'd recommend you take the time to read this, a very great Goodbye from one of the best:

    Joe Blogs: My Kansas City Goodbye
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I became teary eyed...which is a true sign of a great writer when the reader 'feels' the emotion of the words written. I could relate as well, it's very tough to say goodbye to 'home', a house & community you once made a life in. The memories created once upon a time flood your thoughts, sometimes at once overwhelmingly.

    Thanks for sharing the link Ryan. :)

    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I'd recommend you take the time to read this, a very great Goodbye from one of the best:

    Joe Blogs: My Kansas City Goodbye
    Great article and one that makes me more than a little jealous of the writer. In my adult life of nearly 30 years now, I have never felt at home anywhere that I have lived enough that I would have feelings like this guy does about leaving KC

    That is a pity.


    Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Great article and one that makes me more than a little jealous of the writer. In my adult life of nearly 30 years now, I have never felt at home anywhere that I have lived enough that I would have feelings like this guy does about leaving KC

    That is a pity.
    That is sad. :(

    I only lived in one small town rural community for most of my adult life, until I moved to KC in January. However, I spent much time during those years in KC often...took classes here during my early 20's, did much shopping here, attended concerts & other events. KC was an extension of the rural community I lived in, since it was only about an 1 to 1 1/2 hrs drive away, depending upon which area of KC driving to. I naturally felt somewhat at home in KC when I moved here, being familiar with it overall.

    I've owned & lived in 5 houses during my adult life, this one is my 5th. The first house we only lived in 2 yrs, 2nd for 6 yrs., 3rd & 4th for 14 yrs. each. The 3rd was toughest to say goodbye to, it's the one my kids grew up in, as well as was directly related to my career.

    Oddly, this house I live in now, here in KC, is the one I've felt the most at peace in. Maybe I just forgot what having inner peace felt like though until I moved here, considering the last 3 yrs. I lived in my former house weren't happy nor peaceful ones. :/

    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    That is sad. :(

    I only lived in one small town rural community for most of my adult life, until I moved to KC in January. However, I spent much time during those years in KC often...took classes here during my early 20's, did much shopping here, attended concerts & other events. KC was an extension of the rural community I lived in, since it was only about an 1 to 1 1/2 hrs drive away, depending upon which area of KC driving to. I naturally felt somewhat at home in KC when I moved here, being familiar with it overall.

    I've owned & lived in 5 houses during my adult life, this one is my 5th. The first house we only lived in 2 yrs, 2nd for 6 yrs., 3rd & 4th for 14 yrs. each. The 3rd was toughest to say goodbye to, it's the one my kids grew up in, as well as was directly related to my career.

    Oddly, this house I live in now, here in KC, is the one I've felt the most at peace in. Maybe I just forgot what having inner peace felt like though until I moved here, considering the last 3 yrs. I lived in my former house weren't happy nor peaceful ones. :/
    I think in my case it is more of the fact that I have always wanted to move back to Missouri. While I did that for a short period of time, we were never really settled in completely there.

    Now here I am and I am really wanting to get back to KC or Missouri in general but still not able to make it happen. It is not as if I do not like the place I live, this is just not home still.


    Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I think in my case it is more of the fact that I have always wanted to move back to Missouri. While I did that for a short period of time, we were never really settled in completely there.

    Now here I am and I am really wanting to get back to KC or Missouri in general but still not able to make it happen. It is not as if I do not like the place I live, this is just not home still.
    Yeah, I can understand that. Even though I felt emotionally like I was leaving behind so much, including home, when I moved to KC...I never felt completely 'at home' in a rural small town environment. I grew up in big cities, and the rural communities are so very different in lifestyle in many ways. Many are still racist, chauvinistic, judgemental...they just haven't evolved in mentality as many in bigger cities have. I'm grateful for the years I spent living there, the memories made, the lasting friendships made too. Still, I feel 'at home' in Kansas City, complete, for lack of a better word. I suppose you can take the girl out of the city, but you can't take the city out of the girl, haha. :)

    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Similar Threads

  1. This is a funny video: Kansas City Chiefs "The Office" Spoof
    By ArmchairReport in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2010, 01:25 PM
  2. Aaron Curry: "Kansas City would be the perfect scenario."
    By yashi in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-24-2009, 11:29 AM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-05-2007, 01:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •