Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tell me your most memorable Chiefs story...favorite memory!

Default Tell me your most memorable Chiefs story...favorite memory!

Heck y'all...not much going on currently due to the lockout, off season, etc.. So...let's reflect upon our Chiefs memories! Every Chiefs fan has a favorite memory, or two, or three, hahaha. Tell them to me...I wanna know, and others likely to do...we all enjoy hearing each others Chiefs related memory stories!

1...2...3....GO!!!!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Oh, and not just game memories, although those are welcome too, but any Chiefs related memory...meeting a player, coach, buying your first jersey...whatever. :)

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

1994, Mile high Stadium, Montana to Willie Davis in the end zone for the go ahead TD with 8 seconds left in the game.

One favorite memory for me was taking my grandson Brennen to his first Chiefs game at Arrowhead! I'd taken him to several Draft Days, but not a game. It was late October 22, 2006 against the Chargers. Brennen was 8 yrs. old then.

Neil Smith was inducted into the Chiefs Hall of Fame during a half time ceremony. Hank Williams Jr. was there too, since he and Neil became good friends through their mutual good friend, Derrick Thomas (RIP). Hank & DT became good friends when DT was still in college playing for Alabama. Hank became a Chiefs fan when we drafted DT, he even had season tickets, though not sure he still does today. Hank opened the game singing "Are You Ready For Some Football!"

We had tons of fun that day, it was especially fun for me watching Brennens expressions and reactions to various aspects of experiencing his first Chiefs game. The most memorable moments came the final minutes of the game. I could tell Brennen was becoming tired. We had picked him up at 9 A.M., then made the long drive to Arrowhead, about 1 1/2 hrs. drive from home. The game began at noon, it was cold for an October day, in the 30's I think. With only a couple minutes remaining in the 4th quarter, we were tied 27-27. Knowing Brennen was getting worn out from the long and exciting day...I sure didn't like the thought of the game going into overtime.

Our offense had a drive putting us within Field Goal range to win the game, but it was a long Field Goal to make at 53 yards for Lawrence Tynes. If memory is correct, he'd not made one that long...maybe 49-50. Most didn't expect him to make a 53 yd. Field Goal, though of course hoped he would. Well, Tynes made it, the Chiefs won 30-27!! The fans went over the top cheering in excitement...jumping around in victorious joy, yelling, screaming...crazy excitement, and grandma was no exception, hahaha.

I looked at Brennen yelling, "WE WON BRENNEN, WE WON!!" Brennen had both hands over his ears, an expression on his face of mixed emotion...confusion, happiness, and total shock as he looked around observing the excited crazy fans filling a sold out Arrowhead stadium. He replied back to me with hands still covering his ears, eyes as big as they could be, and yelling as loud as he could so that he could be heard over the fans..."OH MY GAWD NANA!! IT'S SO LOUD IN HERE!!!" hahahaha

That's mostly what he talked about all the way home, and when telling his mom, our daughter, when we dropped him off back home...how loud Arrowhead was when we won the game, lol. To this day when asked about memories of his first Chiefs game, that's the first thing he talks about...how loud it was, lol.
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 06-14-2011 at 02:03 AM.

Some of y'all are just too dang quiet around here!! Say something...even if it's only GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Some of y'all are just too dang quiet around here!! Say something...even if it's only GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

It's the lockout effect. No free agent news, nothing. crickets. which is what their stadiums will sound like if they do not figure out how to divy up the pie, and soon.

GO CHIEFS!!!

When Eddie Kennison caught that TD PA pass from Trent G. on overtime in 2003 against the greenbay packers.

We continued to move on to be undefeated.
    Last edited by Sn@keIze; 06-16-2011 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Pure Hot Poop

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA99lGmVzFE"]YouTube - ‪Chiefs beat the Pack in overtime‬‏[/ame]

2005 I believe. 4th and 1 on the 3 yard line, no time left. Vermail calls power play up the middle to beat the raiders instead of going into OT.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Thanks fella's!! You brought back some great Chiefs memory moments for me too with your fav's!! I'm soooooo ready for Chiefs football!! This is the time of year my withdrawals become most intense...a couple months before pre-season.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast