Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rumors from sources say lockout is over >>>

Default Rumors from sources say lockout is over >>>

Rumors from sources, so please take them as that: 'players have been notified in some way the lockout is basically over, just a matter of legal formality to make it official. Chiefs players are currently making plans for return to KC, some employee's of Arrowhead have been notified players will be accessing training facility & stadium soon.'

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Players are dead set on not expanding the regular season. That is one thing that I consistently hear them say is the last thing they want.

So far, everything I have heard, which is being leaked out in error, sounds good.

I am just concerned if some of the owners are not liking the 90% Floor on Salary Cap. Specificaly Clark Hunt. This in the long run could hurt the Chiefs, because he was well below the cap a couple years. He is going to to have to make up the cost somewhere, and I bet I know where and I won't like it.
    Well if the owners do not get their billion AND there is a 90% salary minimum AND they do not get the extra game each season, then the owners are getting a worse deal than they walked into this with.

There will be something for the owners in this deal, or it will not be done. Which is likely the sticking point.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Well if the owners do not get their billion AND there is a 90% salary minimum AND they do not get the extra game each season, then the owners are getting a worse deal than they walked into this with.

There will be something for the owners in this deal, or it will not be done. Which is likely the sticking point.
    I think just like you, maybe they win with a better rookie wage scale.
    I don't agree at all with salary floor, there should be a minimum wage, but no salary floor.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

At least this article is painting a good picture of what happened this week

NFL lockout: Talks end, more likely next week, sources say - ESPN

I disagree that the owners arent getting anything. The owners are winning with the 48% cut for the players. Previously the players received 60% on paper (after cutting the 1 billion off the top for the owners), which in reality came to around 54% (according to some articles I have read). If you take last year's numbers:

10 billion in revenue
    Owners get the first billion
    So, 9 Billion left.
    Players got 54% last year = 4.86 Billion
    Owners got 4.14 Billion plus the Billion off the top = 5.14 billion

This year's leaked numbers assuming last year's revenue:
    10 Billion
    48% for players: 4.8 Billion
    52% for owners: 5.2 Billion
    Owners are also getting rookie salary cap, and are getting some exemptions in income they dont have to share.

I think this is actually a pretty fair shake, at least compared to previous revenue numbers.

Everything I have heard is that the agree in principle to the terms that are being published. Right now they are just working out details like salary floor, free agency, and some other minor points.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I disagree that the owners arent getting anything. The owners are winning with the 48% cut for the players. Previously the players received 60% on paper (after cutting the 1 billion off the top for the owners), which in reality came to around 54% (according to some articles I have read). If you take last year's numbers:

10 billion in revenue
    Owners get the first billion
    So, 9 Billion left.
    Players got 54% last year = 4.86 Billion
    Owners got 4.14 Billion plus the Billion off the top = 5.14 billion

This year's leaked numbers assuming last year's revenue:
    10 Billion
    48% for players: 4.8 Billion
    52% for owners: 5.2 Billion
    Owners are also getting rookie salary cap, and are getting some exemptions in income they dont have to share.

I think this is actually a pretty fair shake, at least compared to previous revenue numbers.

Everything I have heard is that the agree in principle to the terms that are being published. Right now they are just working out details like salary floor, free agency, and some other minor points.
    After I posted I read a little more, so my original post was based on faulty information.

The other big thing that I read that makes this a little better for the owners is that the players do not have guaranteed money. This means that 48% they are receiving is tied directly to income. So if the NFL goes down in value from say 10 billion to 8 billion, then the players will receive less money, just like the owners do.

I am surprised the player's union went along with that sort of thing.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

After I posted I read a little more, so my original post was based on faulty information.

The other big thing that I read that makes this a little better for the owners is that the players do not have guaranteed money. This means that 48% they are receiving is tied directly to income. So if the NFL goes down in value from say 10 billion to 8 billion, then the players will receive less money, just like the owners do.

I am surprised the player's union went along with that sort of thing.
    they have a union?
    All I have to say is get it done!

I am fed up with the "things are looking good" feel good reports. Wake me up when the deal is done.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I am fed up with the "things are looking good" feel good reports. Wake me up when the deal is done.
    ...This.

The damage is already done.

Remember being excited when Zorn came on board to work with Cassel this offseason? We have been cheated out of that.

All rookies are behind the curve with no OTA or minicamp

With the exception of very few, having no training staff available this offseason is detrimental. The injury rate for all 32 teams will be higher this year.

You still have a week or two of legalities once an agreement is reached. Free agency which will just be extremely expedited. Then the whole mess of trying to get the top draft picks to sign with their teams so the rest of the first rounders will sign. Normally weeks and weeks is the timeframe.

We will loose a few to free agency and add a few. Those guys will finally get a playbook, have no minicamp nor OTAs and be expected to perform as if there were.

IMO we already are getting a watered down version of what the 2011 NFL could be.

How long to get the drafted players signed? With no negotiation, some of these rookies may never be ready to play this season.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 07-02-2011 at 10:35 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast