Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 54

Thread: Rumors from sources say lockout is over >>>

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default Rumors from sources say lockout is over >>>


    0 Not allowed!
    Rumors from sources, so please take them as that: 'players have been notified in some way the lockout is basically over, just a matter of legal formality to make it official. Chiefs players are currently making plans for return to KC, some employee's of Arrowhead have been notified players will be accessing training facility & stadium soon.'

    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

  2. #31
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    How long to get the drafted players signed? With no negotiation, some of these rookies may never be ready to play this season.
    My thinking is that there is already deals ready to be delivered for all the rookies. I know they say that it is illegal to do that, but I am thinking they are at least close to completed, it is all a matter of aligning them with the new rules that may come out.

    July 15th they say is the deadline. I would find it a surprise if they do not have a deal hammered out then, even if the deal is the same one they had last year.


    Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

  3. #32
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,502
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 38

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    According to Schefter if they miss july 15 that jeopardizes the start of preseason and $200 million.

    I just remember last year when Berry missed the start of camp because of his agent.

    Hopefully that is a mute point when the new rookie structure they agree to puts somewhat of an end to that.

  4. #33
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,502
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 38

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Spotter, I'm saying weeks after the top draft picks sign and set the curve under the old system. I agree with your post considering it takes several months to get things going. Let's hope either Hayvern is correct or there is a structure to put a leash on the way it used to be.

  5. #34
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,411
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 65

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    bovine excrement is what it is! GET IT DONE! NOW!!!!!!!! You who have a lot of money, and you who earn a lot of money, for a job!
    I wish for a top earner in the NFL, to learn about my life, the pain I live with, the things I have to do, the things I have done in my life to save lives, the cost to my body and health, with no financial return, it cost me pay at times, when I clock out of work to respond to a pager going off, and probably will shorten my life. Just makes me sick! Bunch of over paid asses on both sides! GET IT DONE! You who are nothing with out the game, and the fans that pay your salary!

  6. #35
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,076
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 249
    Given: 440

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    bovine excrement is what it is! GET IT DONE! NOW!!!!!!!! You who have a lot of money, and you who earn a lot of money, for a job!
    I wish for a top earner in the NFL, to learn about my life, the pain I live with, the things I have to do, the things I have done in my life to save lives, the cost to my body and health, with no financial return, it cost me pay at times, when I clock out of work to respond to a pager going off, and probably will shorten my life. Just makes me sick! Bunch of over paid asses on both sides! GET IT DONE! You who are nothing with out the game, and the fans that pay your salary!
    This is the "Official Chiefs Crowd Blue Collar Rant of the Die Hard Fan"!


  7. #36
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,411
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 65

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    This is the "Official Chiefs Crowd Blue Collar Rant of the Die Hard Fan"!
    Thank you! please do not ban me yet, I may get even more angry! Get er DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

  8. #37
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,076
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 249
    Given: 440

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Thank you! please do not ban me yet, I may get even more angry! Get er DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can ban people???


  9. #38
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I can ban people???
    Remember me?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  10. #39
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,502
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 38

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Per ESPN Jerry Jones has told the Alamo dome the cowboys will begin training camp July 29, and start moving equipment on the 25th.

  11. #40
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    My thinking is that there is already deals ready to be delivered for all the rookies. I know they say that it is illegal to do that, but I am thinking they are at least close to completed, it is all a matter of aligning them with the new rules that may come out.

    July 15th they say is the deadline. I would find it a surprise if they do not have a deal hammered out then, even if the deal is the same one they had last year.
    I am revising my statement, of course no one knows what is going on, it seems even the negotiators.

    Apparently according to ESPN, talks nearly broke down last week. So they do NOT have a deal with the players worked out, they are still hammering out something that is rather contentious.

    I am starting to hedge my bets that pre-season is going to be late this year.

    NFL talks: Lawyers in spotlight first two days - ESPN


    Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sources: Weis accepts job with Chiefs
    By silver5liter in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 01:09 AM
  2. More RUMORS on JA
    By wolfpack in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 04-25-2008, 02:11 PM
  3. L.J. trade rumors
    By chief31 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 05:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •