Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rumors from sources say lockout is over >>>

Default Rumors from sources say lockout is over >>>

Rumors from sources, so please take them as that: 'players have been notified in some way the lockout is basically over, just a matter of legal formality to make it official. Chiefs players are currently making plans for return to KC, some employee's of Arrowhead have been notified players will be accessing training facility & stadium soon.'

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I am revising my statement, of course no one knows what is going on, it seems even the negotiators.

Apparently according to ESPN, talks nearly broke down last week. So they do NOT have a deal with the players worked out, they are still hammering out something that is rather contentious.

I am starting to hedge my bets that pre-season is going to be late this year.

NFL talks: Lawyers in spotlight first two days - ESPN

From what i heard listening to espn radio all the time like i do the breakdown almost happend early last week. The owners had to be stupid and decided to go back to trying to take some off the top. The players didn't respond to well. But from what I heard they ended the week on a postive note. I still think we are going to see a deal in the next 2 weeks. Just a feeling that I have.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    From what i heard listening to espn radio all the time like i do the breakdown almost happend early last week. The owners had to be stupid and decided to go back to trying to take some off the top. The players didn't respond to well. But from what I heard they ended the week on a postive note. I still think we are going to see a deal in the next 2 weeks. Just a feeling that I have.
    Yeah, I am sure it was those evil owners that do nothing but take everything from the poor, defenseless players.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Yeah, I am sure it was those evil owners that do nothing but take everything from the poor, defenseless players.

That's not what I am saying at all. From what I have heard they were working to simplify things and end the taking off the top. Then the owners suddenly brought it back. If true that's on the owners not the players. They seemed to make progress going with the new format then the owners changed it back. That might not be true but if true I do think it's the owners side slowing things down IMO.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    That's not what I am saying at all. From what I have heard they were working to simplify things and end the taking off the top. Then the owners suddenly brought it back. If true that's on the owners not the players. They seemed to make progress going with the new format then the owners changed it back. That might not be true but if true I do think it's the owners side slowing things down IMO.
    This is all conjecture at this point, but I think the owners at one point were close, but then when they got the rest of the owners into it, they found out they were off the mark, so they had to start all over again.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I talked to the guy on the corner of the block, and he said, it is all in the bank, they just need to get the paper work done. But there was a portapotty at that corner of the block, so I may have concerns about what the paper work is that he refers to.

Get it done!!!!!!
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 07-14-2011 at 12:31 AM.

It's amazing to me that, from what little I've been able to understand of this whole mess, basically it all boils down to rookie contracts; players want four years and then unrestricted free agency. Owners want five years. So at present the difference between having a season or not is 365 days.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I talked to the guy on the corner of the block, and he said, it is all in the bank, they just need to get the paper work done. But there was a portapotty at that corner of the block, so I may have concerns about what the paper work is that he refers to.

Get it done!!!!!!
    They are not even meeting face to face until the 28th to go over the paperwork. But they have worked out when Free agency will start, when RFA and Franchise players need to sign, and when rookies need to be signed based on the new slotting proposal.

They are still working on adding an additional optional 5th year for first round draft picks.

I imagine this will all be said and done by 8/1.

rudy Niswanger was on 810 yesterday. He is the Chiefs player Rep. He said that today the players will look at the proposed CBA. 18 executive players reps, will review it first. If it is agreed upon, it will then go to the teams players reps, one per team, and that is then agreed upon it will go to all 1800 players to vote.

The owners will then review it on Thursday the 21st and vote on the CBA.

If boths sides vote Yes, Free Agency could start as early as next Tuesday to start Free agency. This give teams until then to sign their own UFA or RFA, before they can hit the market.

I also heard though that the 10 players involved in the anti trust suits against the NFL would also have to vote yes. If any of the 10 players did not agree to it, and did not drop their suit, the owners will not agree to it on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    rudy Niswanger was on 810 yesterday. He is the Chiefs player Rep. He said that today the players will look at the proposed CBA. 18 executive players reps, will review it first. If it is agreed upon, it will then go to the teams players reps, one per team, and that is then agreed upon it will go to all 1800 players to vote.

The owners will then review it on Thursday the 21st and vote on the CBA.

If boths sides vote Yes, Free Agency could start as early as next Tuesday to start Free agency. This give teams until then to sign their own UFA or RFA, before they can hit the market.

I also heard though that the 10 players involved in the anti trust suits against the NFL would also have to vote yes. If any of the 10 players did not agree to it, and did not drop their suit, the owners will not agree to it on Thursday.
    I hope there is a clause that says if the 10 do not sign, they can lose their contracts.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 07-19-2011 at 09:30 PM.

In the discussion thread started by Coach titled "will you return"...I just contributed to that discussion moments ago, including an article I feel is important with explaining what the hold up is, and has been, with making the end to the lockout 'official'. By all accounts, it was over when both sides agreed weeks ago to do what they needed to end it and have a regular season. Both sides had come to workable agreement in principle, but not made it all legal, which is what they've been working on since.

The media has made this situation much worse than it is to generate a 'top story' interest & following among fans...ratings = profit. The media has not had any reliable 'leak' sources since this began, everything they've reported was either twisted fact or meer speculation. I believe little to nothing major media sources report...it's not trustworthy, not even from ESPN, NFL.com, etc.. The unknown little guy reporting has far more accurate reporting than the big guys...trust me!! The big guys have been milking it from the beginning. :/

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast