Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Rumors from sources say lockout is over >>>

Default Rumors from sources say lockout is over >>>

Rumors from sources, so please take them as that: 'players have been notified in some way the lockout is basically over, just a matter of legal formality to make it official. Chiefs players are currently making plans for return to KC, some employee's of Arrowhead have been notified players will be accessing training facility & stadium soon.'

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Leave it to the owners to screw things up yet again. In case you haven't been watching / reading / whatever, the owners sit on the CBA all day today, vote to ratify it 31-0 this evening, and leak out 'return schedules' etc to put pressure on the players.

One problem - the CBA they ratified is not exactly what they drafted with the players.

Its being reported all over that at a minimum, key wording was changed. The move by the owners was to alter wording in their favor, pass it late today, state publicly that the 'deal is done', all to make the players look bad if they don't agree to the changes they made. And sadly, judging by comments on various articles, they are a number of people falling for it.

Oh - this is all complete with so much as giving dates as to when the players should reform a union by, walk away from the lawsuit, etc, etc. As one reporter put it, things like giving a deadline for the players to form a union by are flat out illegal ( ie. cannot coerce employees into forming a union ).

And some people think the players are the 'evil ones' ( or give the default 'I can't make up my mind so I blame them both' judgment )... As much as I love football, I almost hope the whole thing breaks down and the players destroy the owners in the courts for nothing more than the audacity to make a move like this. Its beyond disrespectful. I'm so ready for all teams to be publicly owned by their respective cities / stock holders and do away with the current owners completely - Roger included.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanathol View Post
    Leave it to the owners to screw things up yet again. In case you haven't been watching / reading / whatever, the owners sit on the CBA all day today, vote to ratify it 31-0 this evening, and leak out 'return schedules' etc to put pressure on the players.

One problem - the CBA they ratified is not exactly what they drafted with the players.

Its being reported all over that at a minimum, key wording was changed. The move by the owners was to alter wording in their favor, pass it late today, state publicly that the 'deal is done', all to make the players look bad if they don't agree to the changes they made. And sadly, judging by comments on various articles, they are a number of people falling for it.

Oh - this is all complete with so much as giving dates as to when the players should reform a union by, walk away from the lawsuit, etc, etc. As one reporter put it, things like giving a deadline for the players to form a union by are flat out illegal ( ie. cannot coerce employees into forming a union ).

And some people think the players are the 'evil ones' ( or give the default 'I can't make up my mind so I blame them both' judgment )... As much as I love football, I almost hope the whole thing breaks down and the players destroy the owners in the courts for nothing more than the audacity to make a move like this. Its beyond disrespectful. I'm so ready for all teams to be publicly owned by their respective cities / stock holders and do away with the current owners completely - Roger included.
    I do believe you're right, based upon what I've read here & there. I do however, still question whether or not the players involved with the Brady suit are complicating getting the deal signed & sealed on both sides. I tend to think the owners may have pulled the trick they did also as a way to get around the Brady anti trust suit somehow. I honestly don't know, don't think any one does for sure, but my feeling is the delays for quite a while now are connected to the Brady suit for both sides.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

The two sides are not as far apart as media hype is trying to make them.

The CBA is agreed to in principle, the global settlement is the hold up. The NFLPA needs to re-certify as a union in order for some of the remaining issues to be resolved, i.e. workers comp.

It was a powerplay on the owners part to hold their press conference when the NFLPA claims they had not seen the document in it's entirety. However I still believe the NFLPA will vote within the week. Give the players some time to digest the information and we will see the league resume this month.

It's claimed the players only receive $400 for a preseason game but that's not entirely true. The agreed percentage of revenue split will cost them 100-150 million per week. They have the same sense of urgency to complete the deal as the owners.

it is over!!!

Chiefs football is back baby!!

Jamaal Charles [RB]
    Kansas City Chiefs 2010-2011

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456