Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will you return as a fan if the NFL gets a CBA deal gets done?

Default Will you return as a fan if the NFL gets a CBA deal gets done?

We have a new poll on the homepage.

Will you return as a fan if the NFL gets a CBA deal gets done this week? Go vote and weigh in with your thoughts here in the forums.

Yes I will watch football this year,but I'm not going to buy any merchandise.At least this season.They make all that money and want more.They want a retirement plan.Give me a break.Save some of those millions you have in the bank.Don't buy every diamond watch,gold chain or expensive car you see.Invest some of your money.I was reading something on ,were the extra money was going to go.That they are going to save on rooking contracts.Like a retirement program for the vets.I say put it in an account and,when stadiums need refurbished or a city need a stadium,use that money.Quit putting it on the tax payer,when the NFL and the players make so much dam money.Thank about the fans for once.THe NFL ,makes all that money and can't biuld there own stadiums.It's like telling the fans,if you want to watch football,your going to put up the bill for everything and we give you nothing in return.Ya,we get the watch football and I dont know what I would do without it,but if your making all thise billions of dollars.Build your own stadiums.As the old saying goes.The rich get richer and the poor get poorier.That is the reason why.I im glad it almost over and there will be football,but they put a bitter taste in my my.If I didnt have such love for the game,I probably wouldnt watch it any more.I have lost alot of respect for the league and the players both.

That the players salaries are not 'in relation' to my job, but a % of the astronomical television revenue has never bugged me. I'm watching to be entertained, to enjoy the camaraderie of fellow fans, and to cheer my arse off FOR my team, and yes, Against a few particular teams when 'we' play 'them'.
    None of that is ruined for me by the league and players redoing how they share that revenue- however I didn't pay much attention to the machinations and negotiations and I gotta figure this helped.
    My being priced out of going to games was pretty much already here, and who knows, I may be blacked out to boot. Then I'm gonna be more upset.
    Up til now, a pizza and my buddy's couch with a few die-hard Chiefs fans with the once in while Arrowhead experience has been great but if I can't get it on Television or somehow on the Internet, then I'm gonna have to watch only College plus the NFL "game of the week" and that will make me a bitter bitter man.
    I'll defer to season ticket holders as to what the impact on them is going to be. I know parking isn't getting any cheaper, but where else can you get that adrenaline rush like "...and the Hoooome of the... CHIEFS!"
    Fire Up!

The the CBA Deal gets done I will definitely return as a fan.

Yes.

When the lockout is over this week, next week or whenever I will still continue to support my team and the entire NFL. This is the greatest sports organization we have ever seen.

Although this is frustrating we have to keep in mind the owners are fixing potential problems for the game to continue to grow. We will not become MLB and will not see the mess the NBA has created for itself because of this.

yes, but i wont smile while i do it!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I never stoped being a football fan. And as long as They have a season this year I will still be a football fan can't say what will happen if theres not a season but I don't think that will happen.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

If they have a solid rookie wage cap in place, I will be happy to root loudly and as avidly as ever.
    that was the biggest cause for salary excalation in the last ten years. the agents point to some high first round crappy rookie _________[fill in position] and want alot more for their all pro _________[fill in same position]. the teams need the all pro so they pony up. i have always felt rookies should have a performance based contract so that they can earn their millions if they play and play well. they should get a minimum if they're a bust!!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    If they have a solid rookie wage cap in place, I will be happy to root loudly and as avidly as ever.
    that was the biggest cause for salary excalation in the last ten years. the agents point to some high first round crappy rookie _________[fill in position] and want alot more for their all pro _________[fill in same position]. the teams need the all pro so they pony up. i have always felt rookies should have a performance based contract so that they can earn their millions if they play and play well. they should get a minimum if they're a bust!!
    Jamarcus Russel comes to mind lol

100% agree with your post, they have to be performance based for four years if they're building a fair structure. After the fourth year I'm ok with them being UFA's and they can get fair market value based on there previous time in.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I never stoped being a football fan. And as long as They have a season this year I will still be a football fan can't say what will happen if theres not a season but I don't think that will happen.
    This is how I feel too. I never left. I'm a Chiefs fan in heart and soul for life. I can't change that, the Chiefs are a part of who I am, literally. Dad became a fan in 1963, I was 7 yrs. old, so in memory I can't ever remember the Chiefs not being a part of my life. To not have Chiefs in my life, would be like cutting off both arms & legs, for lack of a better explanation.

Besides...I never truly felt the lockout was worthy of any upset, stress, nor concern. I've felt for the most part it was a business matter between them, and they would indeed resolve it prior to the season beginning. The first week or so of the lockout, I bought into the thought of no season, which had me upset. Well, then I realized I was wasting precious time & energy worrying about something that was months from even remotely becoming a reality.

I made up my mind not to get caught up in all the media hype & spin, of which in my opinion created much of the fan upset by exaggerating the seriousness of the lockout and business negotiations. Ratings = profit, and the media did their job stirring up interest twisting facts & speculation to keep the fans interest peaked & their tempers. The media, including major media sources...didn't have many reliable 'leaks', since the negotiations were highly confidential...their reports were based upon meer speculation more than fact...they had to speculate, they didn't have any facts to report to keep the story a top story of which would stimulate ratings.

Based upon my own perception and a few sources of my own, of which may or may not be reliable...I believed the lockout would be resolved in time for the regular season to begin. It is my understanding two players in particular have been a problem for both sides. I will post the article below revealing those players, of which I consider more reliable than not, or I wouldn't post it. ;)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast