Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumors from sources say lockout is over >>>

Default Rumors from sources say lockout is over >>>

Rumors from sources, so please take them as that: 'players have been notified in some way the lockout is basically over, just a matter of legal formality to make it official. Chiefs players are currently making plans for return to KC, some employee's of Arrowhead have been notified players will be accessing training facility & stadium soon.'

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Here's the latest from NFL.com:

According to sources, both the NFL and NFL Players Association are evaluating and strongly considering concessions on all fronts, and that has led to a belief that a deal could be done in two to four weeks. In a sign of the progress made, the legal teams on both sides have returned to the meetings, after sitting out the sessions in suburban Chicago and Long Island. N.Y. the past two weeks...
    NFL.com news: Optimism over new deal emerging from latest round of talks

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    My sources are somewhat 'behind the scenes', which is why I classify them as rumors, but most are fairly reliable I think. Also, some friends are following NFL player comments on Twitter. Many Chiefs players are now saying they're having to cancel vacation and other plans, because of being expected to return to KC for training & camp. Also, some stadium employee's are being told to report to work, but the date hasn't been mentioned in 'leaks'.

I don't think the NFL as a matter of professionalism & legality...will make any official statements to the media claiming it's over until all t's are crossed & i's dotted. Anyway, many indicator's are pointing in the direction it's over, other than the formal legalities & official announcements.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I think it's pretty clear we are going to have a season. The talks coming from both sides are starting to seem better and better
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I never doubted we'd have a season...gut feeling I suppose most of all, but for other reasons also. Too many self benefiting factor's tipped the scales in favor of having a season for both sides. It's only went on this long because of a handful of ego's at the helm on both sides, including their attorney's. I don't believe the majority of owners & players ever expected, nor wanted it to go as far as it did. The quiet majority began to involve themselves behind the scenes & speak to the egotistical minority preventing resolution. The majority will rule. :)

It could still take another week or two to finalize all this. If I remember right, that was the time table. All in all, good news.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    It could still take another week or two to finalize all this. If I remember right, that was the time table. All in all, good news.
    Yeah, I think it's just a matter of finalizing the legal contractural aspects, but other than that it's over, just not 'officially' over yet.

They were saying this morning on the radio that discussion yesterday got a little heated, and almost forced them to go back to square one, However, the player reps, stayed collected and bit the bullet and didn't let it blow up.

The Chiefs are practicing this week, with Cassel heading up the practices. They are letting the media come to the last session today to ask questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    They were saying this morning on the radio that discussion yesterday got a little heated, and almost forced them to go back to square one, However, the player reps, stayed collected and bit the bullet and didn't let it blow up.

The Chiefs are practicing this week, with Cassel heading up the practices. They are letting the media come to the last session today to ask questions.
    Things were going so well till they got the lawyers back in it.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

^^^ Nice signature photo ^^^

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast