Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Having problems reading

Default Having problems reading

I am having a problem when I click # Unread Posts I get "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."
    I have upgrade to IE 9 but it even happens if I go into compatibility view it has been happening for a while.

Any chance of upgrading vBulletin to newer verson they are up to verison 4.1.11 they say that is why ie 9 won't work and my laptop upgraded to that.

I run Firefox at home on desktop but do not want it on laptop.

I get this problem too when I run from my iPad or iPhone. Annoying, but I just click on the forums themselves to get around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I get this problem too when I run from my iPad or iPhone. Annoying, but I just click on the forums themselves to get around.
    Yes that is what I have sarted doing also now that I figured out how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    I run Firefox at home on desktop but do not want it on laptop.
    Why not on laptop - just out of curiosity.

I have noticed a similar problem on my iPhone. I have considered an upgrade but I fear the time involved would be substantial. The new forum software does a much better job of integrating social media, etc. The challenge is that this site has been heavily customized over the last 5 years. There inevitably would be changes and features that would no longer be available. I don't want to run people off the site because of that. I have written custom code through the years to integrate the site into my content management system(joomla), Facebook, twitter, and a whole host of other programs.
    Ultimately I guess I could try it and if it doesn't work then roll it back to this version.

Thoughts?

Sounds good to me if it causes problems I have no problems rolling back if it does I will just do like now.

Ultimately I support any decision you make concerning your site Coach. I know that you don't have to be reminded to back it all up. How much down time do you think we're looking at?

The only reservation I would have is fixing what might not necessarily be broken, but on the other hand I suppose that not everyone prefers Fire Fox.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 04-13-2012 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I have noticed a similar problem on my iPhone. I have considered an upgrade but I fear the time involved would be substantial. The new forum software does a much better job of integrating social media, etc. The challenge is that this site has been heavily customized over the last 5 years. There inevitably would be changes and features that would no longer be available. I don't want to run people off the site because of that. I have written custom code through the years to integrate the site into my content management system(joomla), Facebook, twitter, and a whole host of other programs.
    Ultimately I guess I could try it and if it doesn't work then roll it back to this version.

Thoughts?
    As a developer myself, I'm always scared of making wholesale changes. I can definitely tolerate something simple like the unread posts not working.

Like Chiefster said, the decision is yours!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast