Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What made you a Chiefs fan?

Default What made you a Chiefs fan?

What made you a Chiefs fan? Were you raised in a family that are fans? Is it because of your location? Do you personally know the players?
    Feel the rush...

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    He WAS a role model, he is largely inconsequential now. Most kids today really would not even know he played basketball.
    Good point.

I was born, raised and currently live in Santiago, Chile, so obviously I'm a chiefs fan. Not so obvious?
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

I've been a Chiefs fan since the late '60's. I was a kid and wasn't much into sports. My step dad made me sit down and watch a KC-Oakland game. The Chiefs won in a very close game...I'm thinking 16-13 but maybe not...Anyway, I've been a chiefs fan ever since through residence in Ct, DC, Va, Md, Fl and back to Ct.

Chiefs RULE!!!

I became a Chief when as a young boy, living in a time of black and white television, only three channels to chose from and all of them snowy! I watched the Chiefs beat the Team I Thought was my favorite, in Super Bowl IV! At that time I live in rural Iowa. My family moved to Kansas City area. My oldest brother had a position in a company that had tickets to Chiefs and Royals, and we went to some games. I became a True Chief, the moment I first laid eyes on the Home of the Chiefs, ARROWHEAD STADIUM! Then going inside, watching Warpaint prancing around, and then the game itself, incredible. That was even before Arrowhead became the loudest stadium in the NFL. That was when you could see more empty seats than filled seats. Arrowhead, did it for me. That Stadium, had me at first sight. All Chief fans need to make a trip to Arrowhead Stadium at least once! You will never forget it, and you will love it.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 07-26-2011 at 11:46 PM.

My story is rare as I've never even been to KC, the closest I've ever been is staying over night in St Louis.

Anyway I'm from New Orleans, LA. I was born and bred to be a Saints fan. I rebelled against them because while everybody I knew loved them, I never really did. So for a long time I was a man without a team, then by sheer cosmic intervention my 4 favorite NFL players all played on the same team, the Kansas City Chiefs.

Joe Montana - nuff said

Marcus Allen - nuff said

Derrick Thomas - as an LSU fan I loved and hated seeing him on Saturdays

Neil Smith - He graduated from the same high school I went to in New Orleans, so I naturally drawn to liking him

So I started following them, and never stopped.

I have the black, red and gold NFL 75th anniversary parka that I wear during the winter here in Az and constantly get Chiefs fans coming up and talking to me everywhere I go around here in Az. Whether it's around Sierra Vista or up in Tucson and Phoenix, I meet lots of KC fans. Don't know if it's that way other places (there were very few KC fans in my home state of Idaho), but here there are a bunch of KC fans. There's actually a group of KC fans who meet to watch the games at a bar up in Tucson that I was invited to.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345