Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What made you a Chiefs fan?

Default What made you a Chiefs fan?

What made you a Chiefs fan? Were you raised in a family that are fans? Is it because of your location? Do you personally know the players?
    Feel the rush...

I'm a Chiefs fan because my Dad is a Chiefs fan and I grew up watching Chiefs games with him (i.e. my Dad raised me the right way).

They moved to KC!

My father got me interested in the team to begin with, watching the games on sunday. Then once I went to Arrowhead it was all over, hook line and sinker this is my team. I hold season tickets, live out of state now and make the six hour journey as much as possible.

Being from Central Canada I really had very few people to mold my interest in the NFL... we have the CFL up here. I love football though and as I matured I learned more and more about NFL history and watched many games beginning in the mid-early '80s. Two teams really stood out for me, the Chiefs and the Packers... I have other teams I follow but I have always been a major fan of both. The electricity that seemed to be generated at Chiefs games, bold and top class jerseys... man I loved the Chiefs from the get go. The Chiefs rule.....

GO CHIEFS!!! 2011

Interesting. I would say that possibly 98% of the fans are local, within Missouri. I would not say that it is a national team or global team as much as teams like the Cowboys, Steelers, Raiders, and recently possibly the Patriots. This is not to slight the Chiefs, it is what it is.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Interesting. I would say that possibly 98% of the fans are local, within Missouri. I would not say that it is a national team or global team as much as teams like the Cowboys, Steelers, Raiders, and recently possibly the Patriots. This is not to slight the Chiefs, it is what it is.
    Just a small market team, I agree with you.

Generational.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Just a small market team, I agree with you.
    we have season ticket holders in 48 of the 50 states, only Maine and Rhode Island are not officially part of CHIEFS NATION!!! although i am sure you can still find a few fans there.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    we have season ticket holders in 48 of the 50 states, only Maine and Rhode Island are not officially part of CHIEFS NATION!!! although i am sure you can still find a few fans there.
    ...and Canada!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast