Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What made you a Chiefs fan?

Default What made you a Chiefs fan?

What made you a Chiefs fan? Were you raised in a family that are fans? Is it because of your location? Do you personally know the players?
    Feel the rush...

I became a CHIEFS fan because of the ny yankees!
    strange as it seems, when i was about 8 years old all of my friends and their fathers were mostly yankee fans w/a few philly fans mixed in. they were obnoxious, and thought you were a sub human species if you were not a yankee fan. this got under my skin so in the 1960 world series i rooted for the Pirates[huge underdog] because they were laughing at them. when Maz hit that home run to take the series i became a lifelong fan. so the AFL was forming at the same time and they too were big underdogs and were also being laughed at by the "establishment" nfl so it was only natural i would be an AFL fan, as to why the CHIEFS, they of course at that time were the DALLAS TEXANS and their secondary logo was a cowboy on horseback w/lasso[reminded me of Pecos Bill] and being 8 years old i liked that. then when the moved to KC the cowboy was replaced by an INDIAN CHIEF...10year olds still like to play cowboys and indians. been a fan ever since.

that makes the CHIEFS an international team, heyna or no!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    we have season ticket holders in 48 of the 50 states, only Maine and Rhode Island are not officially part of CHIEFS NATION!!! although i am sure you can still find a few fans there.
    You still can barely find team apparel anywhere outside KS/MO. There are big market teams hats and jerseys all over the country. I was shocked when I went into a sports shop down in Florida and found Chiefs gear. Turned out the owner was from Omaha and a lifelong fan. Red Friday has not caught on nationwide, yet. Love to see that change though.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    You still can barely find team apparel anywhere outside KS/MO. There are big market teams hats and jerseys all over the country. I was shocked when I went into a sports shop down in Florida and found Chiefs gear. Turned out the owner was from Omaha and a lifelong fan. Red Friday has not caught on nationwide, yet. Love to see that change though.
    Big Market = Bandwagon

I could care less who sells what T shirts where. I am a Chiefs fan because we have the best fans, the best tailgate, the best stadium and the best Fu KCin' team in the NFL!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    ...and Canada!!
    Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post

I have found KC stuff in Atlantic City NJ, Syracuse NY, NY city, Philladelphia Pa, Buffalo NY, all over Northeastern Pa. in fact my wife is constantly amazed how i manage to find CHIEFS stuff no matter where we go. seek and ye shall find!!!

Big Market = Bandwagon

I could care less who sells what T shirts where. I am a Chiefs fan because we have the best fans, the best tailgate, the best stadium and the best Fu KCin' team in the NFL!!

Yeppers!!!!! And who am I to disagree with that!!!!!

I was not allowed to watch, talk, or play sports growing up, so me being the rebelling type, I had to come up with a team, with absolutely no knowledge about them. I loved Indian arrowheads, and collected them as a kid, so picking the Chiefs with their Arrowhead stadium was an easy decision.

But now as an adult, I know that was the right choice, because of the same reasons Canada noted.

The fans are the best!!!

If I had picked the raiders I'm sure I would've either killed myself, Al Davis and/or the raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post

I was not allowed to watch, talk, or play sports growing up, so me being the rebelling type, I had to come up with a team, with absolutely no knowledge about them. I loved Indian arrowheads, and collected them as a kid, so picking the Chiefs with their Arrowhead stadium was an easy decision.
    Wow, truly awesome history! Thanks for sharing. :-)
    Feel the rush...

I don't dispute that Chiefs fans are scattered all over the US, I would say very thinly. Unlike Cowboy fans that seem to be everywhere, and the new bandwagon Patriot fans. I know the Raiders have booster clubs CA to NY, even England and Australia. As with all fans, most likely your a fan because it is the team you grew up with. I grew up in a blue collar family who are Raiders fans. I don't have a blue collar job but I stuck with the team.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I don't dispute that Chiefs fans are scattered all over the US, I would say very thinly. Unlike Cowboy fans that seem to be everywhere, and the new bandwagon Patriot fans. I know the Raiders have booster clubs CA to NY, even England and Australia. As with all fans, most likely your a fan because it is the team you grew up with. I grew up in a blue collar family who are Raiders fans. I don't have a blue collar job but I stuck with the team.
    Do you actually KNOW any of this? Have you ever travelled around the US and really looked to see what fans are from what state? Comment on things that are fact or go to a Raitards board to brag about your crappy as$ team.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Do you actually KNOW any of this? Have you ever travelled around the US and really looked to see what fans are from what state? Comment on things that are fact or go to a Raitards board to brag about your crappy as$ team.
    #1 This has nothing to do with how well Chiefs are performing. #2 This has to do with stats...ie....Nielson ratings, merchandise sales....etc....etc. This is no big secrete. Even as a Raiders fan, I will admit that Chiefs fan are loyal and passionate. Compared to other teams, their are less of them. It is what it is. That's all.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast