Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What made you a Chiefs fan?

Default What made you a Chiefs fan?

What made you a Chiefs fan? Were you raised in a family that are fans? Is it because of your location? Do you personally know the players?
    Feel the rush...

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post

Like him?
    I agree he shouldn't be raising anyone's kids, but he IS a role model whether he likes it or not; whether want's to be or not.

My father took me to a couple of games the first year the Chiefs came to Kansas City and I've been a fan ever since.
    The Chiefs are Back!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Interesting. I would say that possibly 98% of the fans are local, within Missouri. I would not say that it is a national team or global team as much as teams like the Cowboys, Steelers, Raiders, and recently possibly the Patriots. This is not to slight the Chiefs, it is what it is.
    For you to include the Raiders in this is a little off. Of course there is no real way to measure this because just counting "fans" is somewhat conjectural. However, if we understand the premise that fans spend money and therefor, the teams that make the most money would have the most fans, then the Chiefs ARE better than the Raiders.

Unless all Raiders fans are just too cheap to spend money on their team, which is likely a distinct possibility.

Current value:

Cowboys, Redskins, Patriots, the chiefs rank 14th with just over 1 billion dollars, the Raiders rank 32 with 796 million.

Revenue:

Redskins, Patriots, Cowboys. The Chiefs rank 20th and the Raiders rank 28th.

The Raiders are a small market team.

NFL Team Valuations - Forbes.com

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I agree he shouldn't be raising anyone's kids, but he IS a role model whether he likes it or not; whether want's to be or not.
    He WAS a role model, he is largely inconsequential now. Most kids today really would not even know he played basketball.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I actually started out as a Bronco fan back when I started watching football back in 1997. I was 6 years old and loved John Elway and the miracle Super Bowl run they had (The Broncos were also awesome on Blitz, so I was always them). I even remember rooting against the Chiefs in the playoffs when they played the Broncos. Then in 98 I saw a documentary on Warren Moon and was instantly a fan of his and started liking the Seahawks. Then in 99 I found out he was traded to the Chiefs. I never changed teams after that, as he would eventually retire as a Chief. By 2003 I was the biggest Chiefs fan ever when they had that explosive offense for so many years. Hopefully I'll be able to go to Arrowhead this year for the 1st time ever

i,m a chiefs fan for many reasons, first and foremost is pat, he was my second cousins father. he was like a father to me, from independence and he used to tell me at a very young age how great kansas city was. he made kansas city sound like heaven. secondly, i was born in oklahoma and lamar hunt ment for the chiefs to represent oklahoma, as well as kansas, missouri, arkansas, iowa and nebraska, i cried like a baby the night lamar died, even though we were on opposite sides of the political and personal spectrum, i truly liked and respected him for all he has done for the chiefs and football and finally, i like the idea of native american culture in sport since they are the original americans and this is a way to pay homage to them. i call arrowhead "the reservation" and any team coming on our reservation will get scalped.

I grew up in the Chicago area and always was (and still am) a die-hard Bears fan. In 1998 I fell in love with someone who wanted to move down here to Topeka to be closer to her family. I came with her and started following the Chiefs. They had an awesome offense and not much defense at the time so, win or lose, the games were always exciting. The fans here are great and the style of play made the Chiefs an easy team to root for. It helps that the best friend I made down here is a die hard Broncos fan and we go to a local sports bar every Sunday to watch the Bears, Broncos, Chiefs and one or two other great matchups. We enjoy that Broncos-Chiefs rivalry.

The last couple of years have been rough, but the Chiefs have made (seemingly) all the right moves and turned things around. I think they can be a powerhouse for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I grew up in the Chicago area and always was (and still am) a die-hard Bears fan. In 1998 I fell in love with someone who wanted to move down here to Topeka to be closer to her family. I came with her and started following the Chiefs. They had an awesome offense and not much defense at the time so, win or lose, the games were always exciting. The fans here are great and the style of play made the Chiefs an easy team to root for. It helps that the best friend I made down here is a die hard Broncos fan and we go to a local sports bar every Sunday to watch the Bears, Broncos, Chiefs and one or two other great matchups. We enjoy that Broncos-Chiefs rivalry.

The last couple of years have been rough, but the Chiefs have made (seemingly) all the right moves and turned things around. I think they can be a powerhouse for years to come.

That I hope your right about. Things are looking good for this team. I live in Bears country along with Rams. I have taken quite a beating seeing that I never stopped wearing my Chiefs gear around town. But I am looking forward to giveing it all back in the next few years.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I was born in K.C. and raised in Independence. So, I've been a Chiefs fan since day one. Now living in ID I'm practically the only Chief fan in Seahawk country.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    For you to include the Raiders in this is a little off. Of course there is no real way to measure this because just counting "fans" is somewhat conjectural. However, if we understand the premise that fans spend money and therefor, the teams that make the most money would have the most fans, then the Chiefs ARE better than the Raiders.

Unless all Raiders fans are just too cheap to spend money on their team, which is likely a distinct possibility.

Current value:

Cowboys, Redskins, Patriots, the chiefs rank 14th with just over 1 billion dollars, the Raiders rank 32 with 796 million.

Revenue:

Redskins, Patriots, Cowboys. The Chiefs rank 20th and the Raiders rank 28th.

The Raiders are a small market team.

NFL Team Valuations - Forbes.com
    Well, The Raiders WERE a nationally appreciated team, at least by gangsters, during the 80's and 90's.

The black color gave the impression of being a bad boy, and with silver, it meant that the colors did not match any particular gang colors and could be worn by all.

Now that the gangster culture has dimmed from pop culture, and The Raiders have been terrible, they are absolutely not a wildly popular team.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast