Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can You Follow Directions?

Default Can You Follow Directions?

Can You Follow Directions?

1. Read this entire list carefully before doing anything else.

2. Get out a blank sheet of paper.

3. Put your name in the upper right-hand corner.

4. Write the word "name" and circle it.

5. Draw five small squares in the upper left-hand corner.

6. Put an "X" in each square.

7. Sign your name under the title of this paper.

8. Write sentence number seven above and put a circle completely around it.

9. Put an "X" in the lower left-hand corner of the page.

10. Draw a triangle around the word "corner".

11. On the back of the paper, add 75 and 13.

12. Loudly call out your first name (for motivation) when you get this far.

13. If you think you have carefully followed directions to this point call out, "I have" (for self-affirmation).

14. On the reverse side of the paper, subtract 12 from 69.

15. Count backwords to yourself from 10 to 1.

16. Say "I am a leader in following directions".

17. Write all of the even numbers in this list on the page.

18. Say "I am nearly finished and I have followed directions."

19. Now that you have finished reading the entire page do only sentence number two. If you have already completed any of the other tasks in the list, you failed to follow directions and failed the test. Remember following directions involves reading each item carefully starting with the first sentence (it stated "read the entire list before doing anyting else.")

I was too lazy not to read them first!! whew!

Me too.

HA, dang glad I did not have to do any of that.

Yup!

Honestly, I read very well, spell well too for the most part. I've never in my life had a reading comprehension problem, always did well in school, attentive, focused, and a quick learner. Still, I don't know if it's me, or the authors of instructions, manuals, tutorials...but I have one heck of a time comprehending most these days!! Once I figure something out I think to myself...dang, that was simple enough...why did they have to make it sound so complicated/complex, making the task way more difficult & time consuming than need be, LOL.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Even after reading all questions through #19...I have just one question...where the heck does it say to write the word "corner" so you can draw a triangle around it, as #10 instructs? LOL

See, that's what happens, I become confused, can't comprehend. I read & comprehended fine until I reached #10, then thought, "wait, I don't remember being instructed prior to write the word 'corner' "...so I went back & read #1-9...nothing. Then I read through the remainder thinking this was some type of a trick...which it was, LOL.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I am much the same way; except all through school the rate at which I comprehended something was usually much slower then everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post

I am much the same way; except all through school the rate at which I comprehended something was usually much slower then everyone else.
    It just depends on how complex something has been written, as to how fast I comprehend, lol. I swear PC tutorials are written by geeks assuming all others reading are just as much a PC geek as they are...NOT!! hahaha

I'm fine as long as they begin with basic step #1 & continue with basics leading up to the more complex steps...such as..."turn your PC on"..."in start menu locate your documents file"..."open your documents file"...etc..

Don't skip the basics, I'm fine, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    It just depends on how complex something has been written, as to how fast I comprehend, lol. I swear PC tutorials are written by geeks assuming all others reading are just as much a PC geek as they are...NOT!! hahaha

I'm fine as long as they begin with basic step #1 & continue with basics leading up to the more complex steps...such as..."turn your PC on"..."in start menu locate your documents file"..."open your documents file"...etc..

Don't skip the basics, I'm fine, lol.

You gotta draw me a picture, paint it and then take a photograph of it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast