Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UFA's

Default UFA's

I'm banking on the Chiefs signing 2-4 UFA's once the lockout is lifted. I have my ideas on important positions that can only be filled this way. In my opinion, number 1 position that needs to be filled is backup QB. God forbid, but if Cassel goes down again, we need a veteran presence. I love the Stanzi pick, but I want him to develop over the next 2-3 years. Pennington would have been ideal, but he's out this year, so a guy like Kerry Collins may fit the roll. He is full of experience and played well in a run first offense in Tennessee. He also still has the ability to start in this league which I think would push Cassel to keep improving.

Some other UFA's I wouldn't mind seeing us sign include:
    Steve Breaston WR (yep, I'm on this bandwagon)
    Lance Moore WR
    Matt Light OT
    Ryan Harris OT
    Cullen Jenkins DE
    Steven Tulloch LB
    D'Qwell Jackson LB

Of these free agents, I think I'd most like to see us sign Moore and Light with both LBs close behind. Any other ideas? Let's speculate!
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

I love the idea of Clabo... But I cant believe they will let him go. I love Breaston and Jackson for sure.

What do you guys think of Abruyo Franklin from the niners? A 3-4 NT ready to make an effective impact even with this short offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    ATL will resign Clabo, I like the Jackson signing, would go for matt roth too. Pool I like, but i'm more of a lance moore at wr kind of guy. Also, a name I'd like to throw in there, Jason Snelling.
    Heard reports that we were tied to LaRon McClain from Baltimore.

I could see this, T Jones will probably be done after this season and we need a younger guy that can cause havoc between the tackles and spell J Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    I love the idea of Clabo... But I cant believe they will let him go. I love Breaston and Jackson for sure.

What do you guys think of Abruyo Franklin from the niners? A 3-4 NT ready to make an effective impact even with this short offseason.
    I like that!

Him or Manny Lawson I would take from San Fran.

You know I was kinda worried about this season, thinking that it was going to be a tough one (which it sill will be) but If our young guys can improve on what they put out last year, and now that we have to spend money in FA, I could see us getting some decent stop gap players that could fill the few holes we have, and keep us in the running again. I am excited to see where this year takes us.

Can't say that I fully understand the terms of the new deal, but I does seem to me that the new minimum payroll could benefit us in the long run.

We've got cash we HAVE to spend, which means we should be able to sign our own UFAs QUICKLY without squabbling to much which should leave Pioli with cash in hand and time to really work the FA market.

I think this new deal is a GREAT OPPORTUNITY for the Chiefs.

Everyone knows that Abrayo Franklin is a logical signing for KC. We have around 30 mil in cap space to fill in order to hit the floor, plus another 15 mil before the cap. Franklin is one of the premier nose tackles, behind Ngata and Wilfork, and possibly Hampton.

I would love to see us get another WR, and there are certainly plenty to be had.

I do love big targets, guys like Vincent Jackson (tagged), Malcolm Floyd (UFA), Legedu Nanee (UFA) and Mike Sims-Walker (UFA), but honestly, because Baldwin, Bowe, and Moeaki are so big, having another 6'2"+ target may make McCluster more difficult for Cassel to find and throw to accurately.

Breaston is a logical choice everyone is onto, and I've thought we would make a move for him for a while.

Other free agent WR:

Sidney Rice
    Santonio Holmes
    Steve Smith (NYG)
    Steve Smith (CAR)
    Jacoby Jones
    James Jones
    Braylon Edwards
    Roy Williams

My top pick here is Steve Smith (NYG). I think he has excellent hands and fulfills a skill set we currently are missing.

However, it seems like we're really missing that burner. Of course, I don't see why, considering the deep ball is Cassel's weakest area. I'd rather have a strong possession guy who can get separation around 12-15 yards deep. Let DBowe and Baldwin make plays on the deep ball with their height and leaping.

I would love to see us make a move for Paul Posluzny. The guy is a tackling MACHINE and he played with Tamba in college. Of course, I'm eyeing Manti Te'o next year for the draft, and would be fine holding off until then. Manny Lawson is a high-character guy that I liked coming out of college, and would do well to come over with Franklin.

There is also speculation that we'll make a move for Tully Banta-Cain, as he is a rush OLB who knows our specific system, having played for New England. He racked up 15 sacks over the last two seasons, but honestly he strikes me as the exact same player as Gilberry, so it might be redundant. We also have Houston coming in and Cameron Sheffield returning from IR, so maybe our pass rush isn't as dire as it seems.

I would like to see us make a move for a veteran tackle. If that's Matt Light, fine, but there are certainly other options as well.

I think that, with Mays, Edwards, and Shaun Smith all UFAs, we could be easily looking at replacing them with new guys.

Personally, I want to see this list of players in Red and Gold next year:

Abrayo Franklin
    Paul Posluzsny
    Steve Smith
    Casey Wiegmann

Who am I kidding? Let's hope someone signs Brandon Carr and we get a first rounder for his tender, then we sign Nnamdi. (we can dream).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123