Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UFA's

Default UFA's

I'm banking on the Chiefs signing 2-4 UFA's once the lockout is lifted. I have my ideas on important positions that can only be filled this way. In my opinion, number 1 position that needs to be filled is backup QB. God forbid, but if Cassel goes down again, we need a veteran presence. I love the Stanzi pick, but I want him to develop over the next 2-3 years. Pennington would have been ideal, but he's out this year, so a guy like Kerry Collins may fit the roll. He is full of experience and played well in a run first offense in Tennessee. He also still has the ability to start in this league which I think would push Cassel to keep improving.

Some other UFA's I wouldn't mind seeing us sign include:
    Steve Breaston WR (yep, I'm on this bandwagon)
    Lance Moore WR
    Matt Light OT
    Ryan Harris OT
    Cullen Jenkins DE
    Steven Tulloch LB
    D'Qwell Jackson LB

Of these free agents, I think I'd most like to see us sign Moore and Light with both LBs close behind. Any other ideas? Let's speculate!
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Ha! Scratch Kerry Collins.

Kerry Collins retires | ProFootballTalk
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    I'm banking on the Chiefs signing 2-4 UFA's once the lockout is lifted. I have my ideas on important positions that can only be filled this way. In my opinion, number 1 position that needs to be filled is backup QB. God forbid, but if Cassel goes down again, we need a veteran presence. I love the Stanzi pick, but I want him to develop over the next 2-3 years. Pennington would have been ideal, but he's out this year, so a guy like Kerry Collins may fit the roll. He is full of experience and played well in a run first offense in Tennessee. He also still has the ability to start in this league which I think would push Cassel to keep improving.

Some other UFA's I wouldn't mind seeing us sign include:
    Steve Breaston WR (yep, I'm on this bandwagon)
    Lance Moore WR
    Matt Light OT
    Ryan Harris OT
    Cullen Jenkins DE
    Steven Tulloch LB
    D'Qwell Jackson LB

Of these free agents, I think I'd most like to see us sign Moore and Light with both LBs close behind. Any other ideas? Let's speculate!
    I have been saying for a long time we need a good solid veteran QB to play behind Cassel. Collins' attitude was piss poor, not the kind of role model you want for a pair of young QBs. Hasselback might be a good choice, but I think he is looking for a starting role and would not consider a backup, plus with teams like the Cardinals who will be shopping for a starter, Hasselback has lots of other options available to him.

I would absolutely love to see Matt Light come in at OT, but that is not going to happen. He is another guy that is going to want more money than he is really worth, remember Pioli in New England set the stage for how New England builds teams. If New England thinks that Light is on his way down in production, I think Pioli might think that as well.

As far as linebackers go, it is all going to depend on if we can resign Hali. Remember, the man is not under contract yet and if the Chiefs do not pay him, there is a distinct possibility somoene else will. If we do lose him, then the rush will be on to sign another linebacker or DE for his spot.

I wish we could also consider RFA in this, many of them, depending on the CBA may become UFA after this season.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

As for Backup QB there's not a lot to choose from. I don't know if they will address this, Pretty sure they are High on Palko, and want to look to develop Stanzi, but if they do look for a veteran here are a few:

Seneca Wallace (Cle)- Career backup that is smart, and would best fit in a run-first offensive system due to his athleticism. High character from what I have heard.

Mark Bulger (Bal)- Bringin in Zorn might give us an in to bring him along as well. Smart, has been a successful starter, and may look at a move to KC as an opportunity to get back around the St. Louis area where he once was for a period of time.

Neither should warrant a hefty price tag.

WR....I Still like Breaston, or Doucett whichever Arizona doesn't re-sign. Possibly Mike Sims-Walker if he doesn't take alot of cash to bring it. (Similar style to Bowe and Baldwin, would fit a run-first offense and offer a big Red Zone Threat)

OL- Thought About Light and like it but only for a 1 year deal to cover the RT position or ad depth.

LB's- Like both that have been mentioned, Jackson has a history with Crennel, and is a tackling machine when healthy...Key words there "WHEN HEALTHY" wouldn't mind seeing us grab him for a low price just to see, still a fairly young player, could provide multiple years of production.

Another thought, released veterans. One player I would love to see us pick up if he's released... marion barber.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

WOW whats this football talk not about the lockout WOW I like it.

Breaston is the one for me until I see Baldwin I still think that a WR is a huge need for this team. If we could bring him in with him working with haley in the past I think it will be a big help to the offense.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I know! With all this talk (knock on wood) about the new CBA coming to an agreement soon its time to start postulating football again!
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    WOW whats this football talk not about the lockout WOW I like it.

Breaston is the one for me until I see Baldwin I still think that a WR is a huge need for this team. If we could bring him in with him working with haley in the past I think it will be a big help to the offense.
    Agreed!

That's why I think we could see him land here. That is also why I believe if the Cards re-sign Breaston (which is likely as well) that we could see us pick up another WR from Arizona in Early Doucett. Has the history with Haley (Drafted when Haley was there) and also with Bowe (both coming from LSU within a year or so of each other)

I think he is a receiver that has potential that Haley could get out of him. He could come in now to add immediate depth, and work into a more prominent role.

I think Haley wants to get his WR corps to a similar position to where he was when the Cards went to the SB. That position group was the best on the field for the cards, so I don't think he is done bringing in guys to compete at that position.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Agreed!

That's why I think we could see him land here. That is also why I believe if the Cards re-sign Breaston (which is likely as well) that we could see us pick up another WR from Arizona in Early Doucett. Has the history with Haley (Drafted when Haley was there) and also with Bowe (both coming from LSU within a year or so of each other)

I think he is a receiver that has potential that Haley could get out of him. He could come in now to add immediate depth, and work into a more prominent role.

I think Haley wants to get his WR corps to a similar position to where he was when the Cards went to the SB. That position group was the best on the field for the cards, so I don't think he is done bringing in guys to compete at that position.
    Doucett would not be a bad pickup either. And if they want to get a crop of wrs like they had in Arizona I think this team can be much better then the cards were when they went to the supper bowl. This team has a better defense then that team did. And has a better starting rb then that team did. QB is close the way that Cassel played last season with less was pretty good. WR is defently a spot of need. We saw that with who we have now Bowe can be shut down at times. And that is never good for an offense. Give Bowe more help then Chris Chambers who was pretty bad last season could be nothing but good for this team.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

From what I have heard, Breaston is high on the Chiefs list. They are also targeting a NT.

Given the current rumors about th CBA, the chiefs will be required to spend more money to meet the mimimum salary cap, so don't be suprised if the Chiefs actually spend to fill holes. Hopefully on the Oline since that seems to be where most of the best value is, granted older.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast