Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dinner cook out dilemma...which menu?

Default Dinner cook out dilemma...which menu?

What do you guys think...which menu? Any suggestions or changes for something other than that mentioned to go along with the two menu options?

#1 Fresh tossed salad ~ grilled boneless/skinless chicken breast, with homemade BBQ Sauce on side ~ twice baked potato ~ steamed broccoli with a light buttering ~ homemade dinner rolls with honey butter on the side ~ homemade apple cobbler for dessert with optional vanilla ice cream.

#2 Fresh tossed salad ~ grilled top sirloin steak ~ baked potato with butter, sour cream, shredded cheese options on side ~ steamed broccoli with light buttering ~ homemade sourdough bread with plain butter on side ~ homemade apple cobbler for dessert with optional vanilla ice cream.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

steak is never a second choice, however if you do forgo the obvious choice steak, then i will give you a tip on grilling the chicken. slice the chicken breasts in half thickness not length. they will cook faster so they can be removed while still juicy and the outside grilled not charred. you need only medium heat once the grill is up to temp and just use tongs to bend the chicken, if it starts to break its done. add your bbq sauce to the chicken just a few minutes a side before you take them off the grill, it taste much better served hot on the chicken slightly carmelized than "on the side". you know your guests better than i, i only know what my stomach likes so feel free to ignore any or all advice.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    steak is never a second choice, however if you do forgo the obvious choice steak, then i will give you a tip on grilling the chicken. slice the chicken breasts in half thickness not length. they will cook faster so they can be removed while still juicy and the outside grilled not charred. you need only medium heat once the grill is up to temp and just use tongs to bend the chicken, if it starts to break its done. add your bbq sauce to the chicken just a few minutes a side before you take them off the grill, it taste much better served hot on the chicken slightly carmelized than "on the side". you know your guests better than i, i only know what my stomach likes so feel free to ignore any or all advice.

I only have one person coming, next week sometime and he may be the one to do the grilling, I dunno. I was gonna go to the store over the weekend, but couldn't decide between steak & chicken. I actually like grilled chicken better than steak...but I'm a girl, lol. Although, I'd choose filet mignon over chicken any day...I just can't afford to buy filet's, haha. Oh, & I don't have a gas grill, use a charcoal grill...so knowing a temp is by guess only, no thermostat gauge on it.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Dang...I guess I could just ask him if he wants chicken or steak. I'm bad...I mean, we've been friends for a couple yrs. now...I should know which he'd prefer, but I don't. I do know homemade apple cobbler is a favorite, so dessert is an easy decision, haha. I don't want to feed any one something they don't like, haha.

Option #2 - hands down.

charcoal is the best, i only use gas cause of the instant on convenience. i did see a new charcoal grill at lowes that is gas fired to light the charcoal....what a great idea!!! the best of both worlds

Cook it all, im on my way over
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Cook it all, im on my way over

Cool!!! I'll make sure to have plenty for you and Kelly both, AMERICAN BEER too, IT'S PARTY TIME!! hahaha.

He called the other day & said he'll be working in KC this next week, so we're gonna grill one night, not sure which night. He also said he might try to make the Chiefs/Lions game in Detroit. I told him you'd be there, Coach too, wasn't sure of others. He has a Fed Ex branch he manages within his region in Northern Michigan, so might be going that way for work the same week, or week after the Lions/Chiefs game, work it in that way.

I don't know that he'll make the party at Cheli's the night before though, hahaha.

Why am I not surprised with his answer...he likes chicken, haha. He likes steak too, but chicken it is this time! Guess I know him better than I thought, LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast