Thread: Who in the hell is this guy?

Default Who in the hell is this guy?

Tunney side of the street
    Jim Tunney Tunney side of the street
    Article Last Updated: 01/14/2008 01:29:44 AM PST

After further review...

"Quit — there's no quit in my dictionary — the only time you quit is when you retire."

This quote is from my book, It's the Will, Not the Skill, which discusses the principles and philosophies of success of Kansas City Chiefs head coach Herm Edwards. This, indeed, has been a most difficult season Edwards. When any team has an eight-game losing streak in a 16-game season, it takes a lot of the fun out of the game.

Yet, in every press conference, Edwards consistently complimented his players — each and every one — for giving their best effort every play — every game.

"All you can ask of your players is that they come to practice every day, prepared to do their best and 'play hard, play smart and play fast' in every game. To a man, they did that," said Edwards of the 2007 Chiefs.
    Other examples, of teams with nothing to gain (meaning out of the playoffs), which gave their best effort are the Chicago Bears who beat the Green Bay Packers 35-7. If the Packers (at 13-2) would have won, they could have had a chance at home field advantage.

The Philadelphia Eagles beat the New Orleans Saints (38-23), who needed to win to stay eligible for the playoffs. The Cincinnati Bengals, also with no chance at the playoffs, came prepared and beat the Cleveland Browns who were fighting to become a wildcard entry.

The Baltimore Ravens rose up to beat the division champions Pittsburgh Steelers, although the Steelers, assured of a playoff slot rested some of its stars. Houston Texans (7-8) did the same to wildcard Jacksonville.

The point I'm making is: A professional never quits. As my friend and colleague, the late Cavett Robert said: "School is never out for the professional. One always keeps learning and keeps trying."

Lane Kiffin, Oakland Raiders rookie coach who finished with a 4-12 record in the AFC West, said, "My job — and I spend all day thinking about it — is, 'How do I motivate my team? How do I get them to practice hard.'"

Well, Coach, I guess paying them millions of dollars isn't going to do it. However, to Kiffin's credit, as it is with Edwards, neither the Raiders nor Chiefs quit, but played hard in every game.

It certainly is the coaches' as well as CEOs' responsibility to inspire and encourage his team as well as preparing them to give their best performance every time. However, the motivation must come from within each player. That's being a professional.

Will you prepare to do your best every time no matter what the circumstances?

http://www.montereyherald.com/sports...nclick_check=1

He wrote a book about the successes of Herm Edwards????

He says the losing streak was 8 games????

He always compliments his players in every press conference???

What about Herm saying "The players have to make plays!"??????

This guy is a moron DO NOT BUY HIS BOOK!

Last edited by hermhater; 01-14-2008 at 01:08 PM.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    He wrote a book about the successes of Herm Edwards????

He says the losing streak was 8 games????

He always compliments his players in every press conference???

What about Herm saying "The players have to make plays!"??????

This guy is a moron DO NOT BUY HIS BOOK!

I posted a comment to this guys article and I would suggest the rest of you do it too. What an idiot.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I guess I should retract my idiot statement. Look who Jim Tunney is:

http://www.jimtunney.com/index.html

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I guess I should retract my idiot statement. Look who Jim Tunney is:

http://www.jimtunney.com/index.html

If he says the stuff about Herm that he did in that article he has gone senile.

Sorry Jim, you don't know what you're talking about.

Allegiance to Herm negates all other previous accomplishments.

That is all!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Sounds like he's bucking for a writing position at kcchiefs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Sounds like he's bucking for a writing position at kcchiefs.com
    Exactly what I thought!

If he loves Herm so much, perhaps he could be our full time Ref!

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Exactly what I thought!

If he loves Herm so much, perhaps he could be our full time Ref!

Ed "Guns" Hochuli wouldn't allow it...

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat