Thread: Yahoo News : Labor Update: 2011 salary cap set at $120 million (Y

Default Yahoo News : Labor Update: 2011 salary cap set at $120 million (Y

With many of the pieces in place for a new collective bargaining agreement, it's time for the NFL and players to get to work setting certain numbers — including and especially the per-season player compensation under the new agreement. A … Continue reading ->

More...

Looks as if the Chiefs front office my be very busy when/if the new CBA is ratified.

Current cash-to-personnel numbers are approximate at best, but based on the figures given to us by Football Outsiders cap analyst Brian McIntyre, several teams will have a lot to do when the league year hits. According to the numbers we have, 18 of the 32 NFL teams are currently under the projected minimum obligation of $108 million [which may be higher based on the final cash-to-cap percentage], and some teams are tens of millions off at this time.
    The Panthers, Kansas City Chiefs, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cleveland Browns, Buffalo Bills, and Indianapolis Colts are the furthest off — though we can take the Colts off that list based purely on whatever they wind up doing with Peyton Manning(notes)....

...Some players may get back-end incentives, especially veterans trying to prove themselves, but the system put in place for all owners to invest shared profits into personnel should be a boon for all involved. This should reduce the justifiable resentment held by higher-spending owners toward the penny-pinching minority, and the increased floor allows the players to back off their overall revenue percentage and give the owners a taste of the expense credits they've wanted all along.
    Related: Charles Johnson, James Anderson, DeAngelo Williams, Peyton Manning, Cam Newton, Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers, Cleveland Browns, Indianapolis Colts, Kansas City Chiefs, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Things are starting to look real good. Hopefully no one says or does anything stupid to set things back.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Things are starting to look real good. Hopefully no one says or does anything stupid to set things back.

I'm not holding my breath...it gives me headaches.

So does this information, now make our Chiefs a free agent gold mine? We should be able to sign anybody we want.

Good question.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    So does this information, now make our Chiefs a free agent gold mine? We should be able to sign anybody we want.
    We should be able to sign anyone we want that wants to be in KC. They will be in great shape when it comes time to sign people. I am excited to see what happens.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!