Thread: Wanted Super Bowl IV COMPLETE game DVD [in color]

Default Wanted Super Bowl IV COMPLETE game DVD [in color]

Looking for DVD FULL GAME IN COLOR,EXC SOUND & QUALITY Super Bowl IV Chiefs/Vikings,Also Super Bowl I Chiefs/Packers [same description] I believe the packer game is available

it does NOT exist. the film footage back then was not considered archive material and it was common practice to tape over. NFL films has been looking for a copy of the first 4 super bowls to purchase. i believe a copy of Super Bowl III was just found in a private collection. only highlight reels seem to be available of the rest.

NIIICE, i might buy tht from amazon one day

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    it does NOT exist. the film footage back then was not considered archive material and it was common practice to tape over. NFL films has been looking for a copy of the first 4 super bowls to purchase. i believe a copy of Super Bowl III was just found in a private collection. only highlight reels seem to be available of the rest.
    I have always been given the same information as above, including directly from the NFL when I inquired of them myself once. I was told those DVD's of SB IV being sold on Ebay & such are misleading.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Default Super Bowl Iv Dvd

Connie Jo
    Hi,Thanks for the reply! was really hoping to find the 2 super bowls and especially the 12/25/71 chiefs/dolphins 2 ot game,that game ive been told is lost forever,others say back in a day,they just retaped over games,How you would tape over these games i dont know.i just picked up a copy of this week in the nfl w/ the highlights of 71 playoff game,only 23 minutes...