Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will you return as a fan if the NFL gets a CBA deal gets done?

Default Will you return as a fan if the NFL gets a CBA deal gets done?

We have a new poll on the homepage.

Will you return as a fan if the NFL gets a CBA deal gets done this week? Go vote and weigh in with your thoughts here in the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    It's the bears and rams so no
    Okay well and good either way, I can not afford over priced, NFL merchandise anyway.

Default re still a fan

I'm still very much a fan and really looking forward to this year.
    The Chiefs are Back!

Looks as if the deal is done!

I never quit being a fan, I have no hard feelings for either side of this argument.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

FOOTBALL is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I find it hard believe that any real football ban would quit watching the NFL because of the lockout. I (like most others) knew before the lockout even began that it was going to take until the last possible second to reach a deal, but that there was never really any chance of missing out on any significant portion of the season, and sure enogh, right on schedule, the players and owners have reached an agreement. There was no way players were going to give up any of their paychecks and no way owners would allow any games to be missed.

You can't blame the players (who generate all of the revenue) for trying to get as much as they can. By the same token, you can't blame the owners (who directly pay the players and assume all of the risk) for wanting to give up as little as they have to. That is just the nature of professional sports in the 21st century.

I just took the poll and was surprised to see that 22% of the voters either won't watch or undecided about watching the NFL this year. Not surprisingly, none of them chose to post their reasons in this thread. My guess is they will be tuning in football every Sunday this year just like they always have.

What are the alternatives? College football is great, but it's a poor substitute for Pro football and has a different "feel" to the games. The United Football League (if you can find a game on cable somewhere) is a joke by comparison and only has 5 teams!

Boycotting the NFL by not watching the games won't hurt the players - they will still get their money. It won't hurt the owners - their contracts with the networks are guaranteed. It will only hurt the networks that carry football, because they will lose advertising revenue if ratings are lower.

How can you be upset about the possibility of missing some games because of the lockout and then decide you won't watch when none of the games will be missed? That makes no sense to me.

As a Bears fan, I'm a tiny bit disappointed that the Hall-of-Fame game was cancelled, but that game is pretty much a joke anyway. Often they don't play the whole game anyway on account of rain!

The CBA negotiations played out just the way we thought it would and no real damage has been done. I'm ready for some football and I'll be watching every week!
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 07-25-2011 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I find it hard believe that any real football ban would quit watching the NFL because of the lockout. I (like most others) knew before the lockout even began that it was going to take until the last possible second to reach a deal, but that there was never really any chance of missing out on any significant portion of the season, and sure enogh, right on schedule, the players and owners have reached an agreement. There was no way players were going to give up any of their paychecks and no way owners would allow any games to be missed.

You can't blame the players (who generate all of the revenue) for trying to get as much as they can. By the same token, you can't blame the owners (who directly pay the players and assume all of the risk) for wanting to give up as little as they have to. That is just the nature of professional sports in the 21st century.

I just took the poll and was surprised to see that 22% of the voters either won't watch or undecided about watching the NFL this year. Not surprisingly, none of them chose to post their reasons in this thread. My guess is they will be tuning in football every Sunday this year just like they always have.

What are the alternatives? College football is great, but it's a poor substitute for Pro football and has a different "feel" to the games. The United Football League (if you can find a game on cable somewhere) is a joke by comparison and only has 5 teams!

Boycotting the NFL by not watching the games won't hurt the players - they will still get their money. It won't hurt the owners - their contracts with the networks are guaranteed. It will only hurt the networks that carry football, because they will lose advertising revenue if ratings are lower.

How can you be upset about the possibility of missing some games because of the lockout and then decide you won't watch when none of the games will be missed? That makes no sense to me.

As a Bears fan, I'm a tiny bit disappointed that the Hall-of-Fame game was cancelled, but that game is pretty much a joke anyway. Often they don't play the whole game anyway on account of rain!

The CBA negotiations played out just the way we thought it would and no real damage has been done. I'm ready for some football and I'll be watching every week!
    I agree. I am not surprised at all that they got a deal done just to much money for both sides to give up not to have a season.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123