Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how bout that...

Hybrid View

Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

Default how bout that...

0 Not allowed!
    Huard threw the same amount of INTs as the O-line allowed sacks... I've said ever since the draft that this team wasn't far off...we just need a QB. While Huard does have more experience, i think Brodie could have done just as well as to throw into traffic and trust his recievers while throwing 2 picks...but with Brodie's better mobility, he may not have been such a statue in the backfield thus allowing himself to be sacked twice.

AND...in the 4th game, the line finally got LJ a hundred yard game on just 20 carries. 24 points against that SD defense isn't exactly horrible.

Guess the line doesn't need a rebuild after all.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Huard threw the same amount of INTs as the O-line allowed sacks... I've said ever since the draft that this team wasn't far off...we just need a QB. While Huard does have more experience, i think Brodie could have done just as well as to throw into traffic and trust his recievers while throwing 2 picks...but with Brodie's better mobility, he may not have been such a statue in the backfield thus allowing himself to be sacked twice.

AND...in the 4th game, the line finally got LJ a hundred yard game on just 20 carries. 24 points against that SD defense isn't exactly horrible.

There's always room for improvement.

We had a much better day, though.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

Croyle needs experience, but I dont think you can bench Huard after a win like this. It would disrupt all the momentum. I still think Thigpen has a s*** load of potential too!
    Last edited by chief31; 10-01-2007 at 07:52 AM.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polleo Pit Man View Post
    Croyle needs experience, but I dont think you can bench Huard after a win like this. It would disrupt all the momentum. I still think Thigpen has a **** load of potential too!
    I completely agree with this post, except I don't know that much about our #3.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    He has a strong accurate arm and he is mobile and tough. I know Minnesota did not want to let him go!

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Young quarterback prospect was claimed off waivers by Kansas City from Minnesota on September 2nd … Versatile athlete who is dangerous as either a passer or runner … Possesses a strong arm and can make every throw needed in the NFL … Is expected to serve as the club’s third quarterback while continuing to learn the position at the pro level … Was recruited by colleges as a quarterback despite not playing that position as a senior in high school after serving as a quarterback his sophomore and junior seasons … Was not invited to the scouting combine, but impressed the pro scouts with an on-campus workout … Became the first player from Coastal Carolina to be drafted into the NFL when Minnesota selected him in the seventh round (217th overall) in 2007 … Played in 41 games (39 starts) for the Chanticleers … Completed 486 of 879 passes for 6,598 yards with 53 touchdowns and 25 interceptions for a 132.6 rating … Added 346 carries for 1,626 yards (4.7 avg.) with 13 rushing scores.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polleo Pit Man View Post
    Young quarterback prospect was claimed off waivers by Kansas City from Minnesota on September 2nd … Versatile athlete who is dangerous as either a passer or runner … Possesses a strong arm and can make every throw needed in the NFL … Is expected to serve as the club’s third quarterback while continuing to learn the position at the pro level … Was recruited by colleges as a quarterback despite not playing that position as a senior in high school after serving as a quarterback his sophomore and junior seasons … Was not invited to the scouting combine, but impressed the pro scouts with an on-campus workout … Became the first player from Coastal Carolina to be drafted into the NFL when Minnesota selected him in the seventh round (217th overall) in 2007 … Played in 41 games (39 starts) for the Chanticleers … Completed 486 of 879 passes for 6,598 yards with 53 touchdowns and 25 interceptions for a 132.6 rating … Added 346 carries for 1,626 yards (4.7 avg.) with 13 rushing scores.
    Good post!

Maybe a link to where you got it!

I have read many good things about him!

If we let that guy from the Ivy Leauge go to get him, he must be pretty good!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Thumbs Up

Thumbs Up
    Received: 236
    Given: 421

0 Not allowed!
    The line played better today; like you say giving up a single sack and putting up 30 points against the SD defense isn't horrible. I still like Huard's decision making skills though.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Ya you cant lay it all on Huard!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast