Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introducing ... The New Guy

Hybrid View

Default Introducing ... The New Guy

Hi, My name is Roy and I just found this forum using a Google search.

I'll be honest with you. I am first and foremost a Chicago Bears, Bulls and Blackhawks fan. But I've lived in Topeka for 12 years now and have "adopted" the Chiefs as my favorite AFC football team.I'm excited about this year's season because the NFC North plays the AFC West. My dream is to one day see the Bears and Chiefs play each other in the Super Bowl. I'll be rooting for the Bears to go 16-0 this year and the Chiefs to go 15-1!

I just read through a couple of threads here, but I like what I see so far. I look forward to having some spirited discussions with you all in the near future. Now that the lockout is finally over, let's talk some football!

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Hi, My name is Roy and I just found this forum using a Google search.

I'll be honest with you. I am first and foremost a Chicago Bears, Bulls and Blackhawks fan. But I've lived in Topeka for 12 years now and have "adopted" the Chiefs as my favorite AFC football team.I'm excited about this year's season because the NFC North plays the AFC West. My dream is to one day see the Bears and Chiefs play each other in the Super Bowl. I'll be rooting for the Bears to go 16-0 this year and the Chiefs to go 15-1!

I just read through a couple of threads here, but I like what I see so far. I look forward to having some spirited discussions with you all in the near future. Now that the lockout is finally over, let's talk some football!

Careful what you wish for...

Welcome aboard!

I am a Bulls fan as well. The other chicago teams i don't care about outside the White Sox I HATE THE WHITE SOX
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Welcome to Chiefs Crowd, Roy!! We're the best of the best Chiefs fans, especially when it comes to good times tailgating, hahaha.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

To the Home of The Chiefs! The Chiefs Crowd.

Welcome! You'll enjoy it here.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! (Guys includes you too, Connie Jo.) I'm enjoying the site so far. It's a little slow but I figure it will pick up when the football season gets rolling.

Matthechiefs, I prefer the Cubs over the Sox, but could pretty much care less about Baseball in general. Pro football is by far my favorite sport, followed by College football, arena football, Australian rules football, basketball, and female beach volleyball! :)

Yeah, the lockout didn't help with slowness of the site. During the season it will pick up, usually does.

By the way...my hometown is Topeka. I was born there, & family roots are there, though I grew up mostly on the West Coast. Mom moved us back to the Topeka area to be near family when I was 13 after my parents split up. I graduated from Seaman. Raised my kids North of Topeka in a rural community. Just sold my home there last winter, bought a small house in South KC, MO. metro area, moved here in January. Anyway...mom, brother & his wife, their kids & their kids, haha, cousins too...all live in Topeka still.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I'm here too.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefguy View Post
    I'm here too.
    Hey, start your own intro thread, Newer Guy!

Just kidding. Welcome to the forum. I've really enjoyed it here so far. Looking forward to a great season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast