Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 102

Thread: Chiefs Free Agent News and Rumors

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,344
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 213
    Given: 58

    Default Chiefs Free Agent News and Rumors


    0 Not allowed!
    I didn't see a thread covering free agency news so I thought I would start one. Feel free to add any Chiefs news or rumors regarding free agency here.

    According to ArrowheadPride.com, here is a slist of current Chiefs who are unrestricted free agents:

    NT Ron Edwards
    DE Shaun Smith
    WR Terrance Copper
    C Casey Wiegmann
    S Jon McGraw
    LB Charlie Anderson
    WR Kevin Curtis
    CB Travis Daniels
    LB Mike Vrabel
    FB Tim Castille
    OT Ryan O'Callaghan
    LB Corey Mays
    TE Leonard Pope
    C Rudy Niswanger
    QB Brodie Croyle

    Vrabel has announced his retirement and Wiegman has expressed an interest in playing another year. I think he is a must sign. What other Chiefs do you think we need to sign and who should we let go?

    Here are some other UFAs that the Chiefs are reportedly interested in:

    Right Tackle: Doug Free (Dallas), Jermon Bushrod (new Orleans)

    Last year Jamaal Charles averaged 6.4 yards per carry when running to the left, but only 4.3 ypc when running to the right.

    Nose Tackle: Aubrayo Franklin (San Francisco)

    The Chiefs drafted Jerrell Powe (6th round) this year but he'll be raw and probably only a rotation player to start with. They may resign Ron Edwards, but if they don't Franklin would would be a force up the middle.

    Other free agents that the Chiefs are reportedly interested in:

    Offensive Tackle: Jared Gaither (Baltimore)
    Running Back: Le'Ron McClain (Baltimore)
    Wide Receiver: Steve Breaston (Arizona)

    What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 07-26-2011 at 02:17 AM.

  2. #61
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    794
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Yeah I was talking to my brother, and he said that he had heard the whole thing about The Chiefs more than likely have made some big play's in FA but since they do keep everything so secretive, they haven't announced it yet, due to it not being official until tonight (EX: Brandon Stokely to the Redskins)

    High Hopes but it would be awesome if we found out we landed McClain, Franklin, and Justin Blalock from ATL. I would be celebrating like crazy if we did!

    If we could land those 3 I would honestly give us a good shot of winning the division again, Without, I would be worried (could still have a winning season, just be a little tougher.)

  3. #62
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,344
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 213
    Given: 58

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Good article from KCChiefs.com

    Why Haven’t The Chiefs Confirmed Reported Free Agent Deals?


    “What we’ve done consistently since we’ve been here is when we get pen to ink, you will get the names and we’re hoping, based on physicals and actually signing the deals we’ll have some names for you,” Pioli said.


    The Chiefs are simply waiting to confirm signings once they physically occur. In the meantime, enjoy the madness.
    Patience is a virtue ...

  4. #63
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,933
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Yeah I was talking to my brother, and he said that he had heard the whole thing about The Chiefs more than likely have made some big play's in FA but since they do keep everything so secretive, they haven't announced it yet, due to it not being official until tonight (EX: Brandon Stokely to the Redskins)

    High Hopes but it would be awesome if we found out we landed McClain, Franklin, and Justin Blalock from ATL. I would be celebrating like crazy if we did!

    If we could land those 3 I would honestly give us a good shot of winning the division again, Without, I would be worried (could still have a winning season, just be a little tougher.)
    Until you hear these players have signed with other teams, I am not getting worried.

  5. #64
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    794
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Until you hear these players have signed with other teams, I am not getting worried.
    I know I think that's why I am excited, because I can't find any information on all 3 of these guys.

    I know how quiet Pioli keeps things, so it makes me wonder that maybe we got them since I can't find any news on them anywhere.

    just a couple of hours...

  6. #65
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,502
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 322
    Given: 317

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    just a couple of hours...
    And I am going to be at work....

  7. #66
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,933
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I know I think that's why I am excited, because I can't find any information on all 3 of these guys.

    I know how quiet Pioli keeps things, so it makes me wonder that maybe we got them since I can't find any news on them anywhere.

    just a couple of hours...
    add in the fact that he let our supposed back up plans walk, with Edwards and Smith.

    I am fairly certain McClain is done. Just to much smoke to not have a fire.

  8. #67
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    The Falcons have both of their OTs out there as UFAs.

    http://www.nfl.com/player/harveydahl/2506225/profile

    http://www.nfl.com/player/tysonclabo/2505707/profile

    I think either could play a very big part in improving our offense.

    The offense has been extremely successful in Atlanta the past couple of seasons.

    Dahl is listed as having allowed only five sacks in his last three seasons (39 starts).

    And Clabo has been staple of that offense for every game of the past three seasons, having started in all of them.

    Atlanta has had success running and throwing in the recent era. I would be pretty happy to hear either one of these guys coming to KC.

    NFL.com news: Three Falcons among top free-agent offensive linemen
    Last edited by chief31; 07-30-2011 at 07:32 AM.

  9. #68
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    415
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    The Falcons have both of their OTs out there as UFAs.

    http://www.nfl.com/player/harveydahl/2506225/profile

    http://www.nfl.com/player/tysonclabo/2505707/profile

    I think either could play a very big part in improving our offense.

    The offense has been extremely successful in Atlanta the past couple of seasons.

    Dahl is listed as having allowed only five sacks in his last three seasons (39 starts).

    And Clabo has been staple of that offense for every game of the past three seasons, having started in all of them.

    Atlanta has had success running and throwing in the recent era. I would be pretty happy to hear either one of these guys coming to KC.

    NFL.com news: Three Falcons among top free-agent offensive linemen
    Clabo has resigned with Atlanta and Dahl has signed with St. Louis...

    Would have been nice for sure though. Jared Gaither is still out there but the fact Baltimore has not resigned him and oakland is the only one showing interest intrigued me so I did a little research...

    Rams continue to add pieces to the puzzle - St. Louis Rams - bnd.com

    Clabo's five-year deal worth $25 million Knoxville News Sentinel

    and

    Ravens Insider: Report: Raiders talking to Jared Gaither - Baltimore Ravens news, schedule, analysis and opinion - baltimoresun.com

    Sooooo I am pretty sure gaither is not on piolis radar at all but you never know. I think this weekend we will hear some news for sure. We have got our in house guys back on the field for the most part... ( minus Carr, Gilberry , and B Rich) but they are all on tender... so they aren't going anywhere.
    GO CHIEFS!!!

  10. #69
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,582
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Just a question on McClain? With McCluster and Jones- why are we so hot after a RB? Not being snarky, I just don't know much about McClain.

  11. #70
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    770
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    He's a FB that can be used as a RB both running and receiving. Jones is long in the tooth and McCluster is a special package guy

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Early Free Agency's Rumors!!
    By kenny1937 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-08-2007, 03:19 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •