Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Free Agent News and Rumors

Default Chiefs Free Agent News and Rumors

I didn't see a thread covering free agency news so I thought I would start one. Feel free to add any Chiefs news or rumors regarding free agency here.

According to ArrowheadPride.com, here is a slist of current Chiefs who are unrestricted free agents:

NT Ron Edwards
    DE Shaun Smith
    WR Terrance Copper
    C Casey Wiegmann
    S Jon McGraw
    LB Charlie Anderson
    WR Kevin Curtis
    CB Travis Daniels
    LB Mike Vrabel
    FB Tim Castille
    OT Ryan O'Callaghan
    LB Corey Mays
    TE Leonard Pope
    C Rudy Niswanger
    QB Brodie Croyle

Vrabel has announced his retirement and Wiegman has expressed an interest in playing another year. I think he is a must sign. What other Chiefs do you think we need to sign and who should we let go?

Here are some other UFAs that the Chiefs are reportedly interested in:

Right Tackle: Doug Free (Dallas), Jermon Bushrod (new Orleans)

Last year Jamaal Charles averaged 6.4 yards per carry when running to the left, but only 4.3 ypc when running to the right.

Nose Tackle: Aubrayo Franklin (San Francisco)

The Chiefs drafted Jerrell Powe (6th round) this year but he'll be raw and probably only a rotation player to start with. They may resign Ron Edwards, but if they don't Franklin would would be a force up the middle.

Other free agents that the Chiefs are reportedly interested in:

Offensive Tackle: Jared Gaither (Baltimore)
    Running Back: Le'Ron McClain (Baltimore)
    Wide Receiver: Steve Breaston (Arizona)

What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 07-26-2011 at 02:17 AM.

Looks like the Chiefs have signed/will sign undrafted free agent DT/DE Lucas Patterson.

We've got another undrafted free agent signing by the Kansas City Chiefs that has reportedly happened. Adam Caplan of Fox Sports reports that the Kansas City Chiefs have agreed to a deal with Texas A&M DT/DE Lucas Patterson.
    Patterson is 6'3", 293 pounds and ran a 5.12 40-yard dash as a senior at A&M. Multiple scouting reports labeled him as a DE/DL hybrid and someone that could potentially line up at nose tackle.
    One scouting report said this of Patterson: ...

Read More

The above source also says that the Chiefs have signed UTC OT Chris Harr, Auburn CB Demond Washington and Virginia Union OT David Mims.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    That is correct. As I mentioned in the first post he has retired. I heard he is wants to be a coach.
    The day he retired, there was a report that he was offered and accepted a coaching position at Ohio State, probably LB's coach or something.

i say let mcgraw walk

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    The day he retired, there was a report that he was offered and accepted a coaching position at Ohio State, probably LB's coach or something.
    It was the linebackers coach. New headcoach was his teammate and roommate at OSU.

Weigman has been re-signed by the Chiefs for another year, according to what I've read here & there online. :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Oh, as far as opinions as to who we should try to draft, or not, my answer requires little thought, which my brain needs a 'thought vacation', so it's a good thing my answer requires little thought, hahaha. My answer is:

~In Pioli and Haley I Trust!!~

CHIEFS WILL!! YEEBOWEHAW!!!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    i say let mcgraw walk
    I say keep him for special teams only. He is a good special teams captain and great on special teams in general. He doesnt belong on the field on 3rd down, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I say keep him for special teams only. He is a good special teams captain and great on special teams in general. He doesnt belong on the field on 3rd down, though.
    special teams i suppose but i can not stand it when he is in there for coverage

Edwards to the panthers on a 3 year deal... Pioli is going to have to get on his horse today and get a NT...

Color me a little worried..

Teicher: Ron Edwards Signs With Carolina Panthers « Arrowhead Addict | A Kansas City Chiefs blog

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast