Thread: Former Chiefs NT Ron Edwards is now a Carolina Panther

Default Former Chiefs NT Ron Edwards is now a Carolina Panther

I saw a report initially from Adam Teicher, and then Adam Schefter also confirmed that the Panthers have signed Ron Edwards.

This leaves us with a pretty big hole in the middle of the line. As of now, Anthony Toribio (who was a practice squadder most of last year) and 6th round pick Jerrell Powe are the only NT's on the roster.

I really hope they go out and spend money on a stud like Aubrayo Franklin. That would really shore up the D-Line.

Our Chiefs really don't have a history of going out and grabbing 'studs' in free agency. I expect we'll make do with Toribio and Powe.

I really want to believe the Chiefs will not be satisfied with "how things were done in the past" maintaining the status quo. I really see them going after at least another big right tackle, another LB and one really good receiver. It sure would have been nice if Larry Fitzgerald was on the for sale block! They have got to capitalize on last years success.

I have to correct myself above- it sounds like the Chiefs really are interested in Franklin.

Pioli said yesterday he has not been given a spending limit and if the right type of player comes available they will spend money. I feel Franklin would be a good fit for our line but if Pioli goes a different route I wouldn't rush to judge the move. I can't believe they released big Ron without something good on the radar. Edwards will be much better playing in a 4-3 and I wish him the best.

Jared Powe is on the radar, and certainly Shaun Smith could be a valuable drain plug in the middle of the field while Powe learns. Mind you, I'm not going to throw any fits if they got Franklin from SF, or another good starter at the position.