Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chiefs Sign Steve Breaston

Default Chiefs Sign Steve Breaston

Jim Trotter of SI.com is reporting that Steve Breaston is coming to KC. Contract is 5-years with $9M guaranteed.

I like this signing, Breaston will be a nice option in the slot for Cassel.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I am in favor of this signing. But even more excited that the bovine excrement of the NFL Players and Owners is done! They Got it Done! But I wonder, how can a union that has disbanded, get a legal deal done? Some thing is not correct. Did I miss something? Did the players union recreate its self? Is there a player union? Explain to me, those of you that are more informed.
    As I understand it, The NFLPA decertified as a union and is officially a "trade association." Player reps from each team approved the new CBA in principle. The next step is for a majority of players to approve reforming the union. The New England Patriots were the first team to do this, voting unanimously in favor on Tuesday (link). Once at least 50% of the players have voted for recertification there are a few issues that still need to be negotiated, but can only be done with an existing union. These include drug testing, player discipline and disability and pension programs. Both owners and players have promised that this will not be a problem and a deal will be worked out by August 4th. Then the players will vote for ratification of the new CBA.

Owners agreed to end the lockout (which players never wanted in the first place) because the players have, in essence, promised to vote in favor of the new CBA once it is finalized.

I think I'm pretty accurate here and I hope I am explaining it correctly and clearly.
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 07-28-2011 at 01:33 AM.

Sexy pickup - Bowe finally has help this year.

I was never impressed with Arenas as returner.

Hopefully, Breaston will replace him

This is OUTSTANDING news! The offense just got a whole lot scarier and more balance. We've got more ways to beat the bad guys now!

I'd surely like to see us working on the O and D lines now.

GO FOR IT PIOLI!!!!!!! We want a Superbowl NOW!!!

I like the signing too, this was someone I was hoping we would get. I agree with Coach remaining needs - NT back up QB and WR

Very good pickup.

I think we are now pretty well set at WR with Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin and McCluster.

I'd really like to see someone at OT and maybe NT.

Beyond that, I really don't think we have any glaring needs at any starting positions.

Just have to see which positions play up to their potential, and which don't from there.

Pretty hard to be discouraged about the roster right now, and even more difficult if we re-sign key guys and maybe even get a decent OT and NT.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    I was never impressed with Arenas as returner.

Hopefully, Breaston will replace him
    Actually my thought is that McCluster will become the backup WR and full time return man.

I like the signing, not sure if we will land anymore WR's, if so they will be role players. We signed a Rookie FA from Pioli's Alma Mater (So he is probably high on him, and knows a lot about him) We resigned Copper, and have Jeremy Urban coming back from injury (I know he's not to exciting) but I don't know if it will be a priority now to bring more in. Not saying it wont happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxermm187 View Post
    talk about locked and loaded. i am really excited to see this team on the field. now, we need cassel to step it up
    and we'll be fine
    I think People are forgetting we landed a hidden Gem in Jim Zorn. I know people are worried now that Wies left Cassel wont produce, but even though Zorn had a tough run as a head coach, people forget that each QB he has worked with throughout his career has had career best seasons (examples: Hasselbeck, Flacco, etc.) I think that Zorn will build on what Cassel learned last year, and he will hopefully improve going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Actually my thought is that McCluster will become the backup WR and full time return man.
    McCluster will probably be more productive as a WR this year now that we have a WR corp that secondaries will have to respect. The receivers we brought in paired with Bowe should help open up space underneath for McCluster to work with.

As far as return men go, We signed 2 Rookie FA's that have experience as return men. WR Josue Paul, Central Connecticut State (Went to Pioli's Alma Mater) and DB Demond Washington, Auburn. They should more than likely compete with Arenas, McCluster, and Breaston for return opportunities.

This is a good pick up.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123