Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brian Waters cut....

Default Brian Waters cut....

...soon to be a Raider.

Chiefs released 11-year veteran G Brian Waters, who was as good as there was in the game during prime of his career. Per Schefter tweet.

Chiefs announce they've released veteran guard Brian Waters
    La Caforna tweet
    Last edited by Yoda; 07-28-2011 at 10:07 PM.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Wow, I am surprised about this.

I was pretty shocked about it too. Now, I don't know if he is going to be a Raider....but...there is a definite need for a veteran like Waters I am sure he has atleast to more years left....in that time he would be an awesome mentor.Plus he can stay within the division and play the Chiefs twice a year.
    Last edited by Yoda; 07-28-2011 at 10:26 PM.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

who do do we have to take his place? i know we drafted a guard last year but didnt he get injured. Have we seen enough to know if he can step in waters place? or does this mean we might give our rookie that we drafted hudson who is suppose to be a center a chance at guard? Any thoughts?

Me and a buddy of mine was saying,we thought they would cut Waters.We were talking about it last night actually.The Chiefs have something up there sleeve.I think they start Asomoah and hudson and bring in a guy like Justin Blalock,from Atlanta.I dont think he has signed with anyone yet.He is a beast.like 6'5 and 335 and is an animal.They Chiefs are tired of getting beat up front.Lilja might even be a backup.Move B. Rich in to gaurd.There gonna get bigger and more physical up front.They are getting tired of being man handled up front.The Chiefs are going to do something big here.Just you wait and see.Watch out for David Mims 6'8" 335 also.Seen a film clip on this guy.He is a beast.The Raiders and the Chargers arent going to man handle us like last year.Yes Charles had a good year but it wasnt becuase of are line play.Anyway ,good luck to Brian waters,it was fun watching you all those years.Go chiefs

Kinda surprised, but not really. He was on his way out the door as they try to build up the line.

Here is the big question, what is this move in anticipation of? A couple of scenarios:
    1) They think Asamoah is ready to start, so there was no need for Waters. Asamoah starts at LG, everyone else stays where they were.
    2) They move Albert to LG, and are about to sign a big name LT.
    3) Hudson (2nd rd draft pick) is expected to spend one year at LG then move to C after Weigmann hangs it up.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    who do do we have to take his place? i know we drafted a guard last year but didnt he get injured. Have we seen enough to know if he can step in waters place? or does this mean we might give our rookie that we drafted hudson who is suppose to be a center a chance at guard? Any thoughts?
    I dont think Asamoah (the draft pick from last year) was hurt. If he was I just dont remember hearing about it. He has been learning from the sidelines.

I only remember Sheffield being hurt, of last years rookies

does not surprise me, even though he has been prety solid, his play has declined, and Pioli isnt known for mushy stuff, he does what needs to be done.

With a heavy heart, I am ok with this move.

This is the first surprise move from the Chiefs for me this offseason. I thought he would be back for one more year. Wondering what they have planned. He was one good player for many years. He will be missed.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast