Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ty Warren cut by Patriots

Default Ty Warren cut by Patriots

He's only 30 and, when healthy, one of the absolute best defensive ends in the league for the 3-4. Coming off a hip injury that kept him out of the entire season, so maybe we could get him on the cheap for the rotation?

This and Franklin would seriously beef up our run defense.

Throw in Tulloch and this defense is a force to be reckoned with.

(PS - I love how I say "throw in Tulloch" as if he isn't the top linebacker in free agency - you know, just a whim. Like gum at the register)

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsrule View Post
    That is what I think too but Clark needs to get it in his head the only way the Chiefs will make a Super Bowl is bringing in great free agents and not just relying on the draft. Its funny how we now have the nickname KC CHEAPS.

I would have to disagree on that. I mean you know there is a number of ways to build a team, but let's look at a few teams that are consistently competitive throughout their history: The Packers, and The Steelers.

Both of these teams are built through the draft. They very rarely sign big name FA's, they develop their young players.

For example the star players on packers last year: Clay Mathews, AJ Hawk, Greg Jennings, Arron Rogers, Nick Collins, B.J. Raji, Jermicheal Finley, Chad Clifton, Brian Bulaga, and Donald Driver were all drafted by the packers

The only big name free agent on the SB team that was a big name.... Charles Woodson. and if anyone wants to argue that Ryan Grant was a big name....They claimed him off waivers from the NYG. Pretty sure he was an undrafted FA.(Plus he didn't even play in the SB, James starks did, and I believe he was signed as an Un-drafted FA.)

They built through the draft.

Take the Steelers:
    Rothlesburger, Mendenhall, Palomaulu, James Harrison, Lamar Woodley, Larry Foote, Casey Hampton, Ziggy Hood, Brett Keisel, Bryant McFadden, Heath Miller, Mike Wallace, Markuice Pouncey, Aaron Smith, Ike Taylor, Lawrence Timmons, and Hines Ward (all drafted by the steelers)

They rarely bring in Big name FA's, these two teams, along with the Patriots run their organizations similar. (The only reason the Pats made those two big FA moves this year, is that I'm thinkin Belichick feels they are pretty close to making another SB run, with a talented young D, and a Dymic O.)

I think that Pioli is building this team in a similar fashion to these 3 examples. I don't think that we are 1 or 2 big names away from a super bowl. We are improving, and I would say that within the next few years, we will be a competitive playoff team, but I feel we still need to draft a few young talented core players, before that big name FA will push us over the top to the elite status.

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    Interesting... He left the donks and the texans without signing..

Former Patriots DE Ty Warren Reportedly Visiting Chiefs - Arrowhead Pride
    I have a feeling he is not healthy and neither team was interested in signing him. He did miss most of last season with a hip injury.

Bryant McKinnie just got released by the Vikings...I wouldnt mind picking him up!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Warren just signed with the donks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12