Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152 LastLast

Thread: Hold your horses...

Default Hold your horses...

I am not sure if I am the only one who overlooked this but I heard a lot of talk about us reaching the league minimum and our activity in free agency... found this very interesting.

Per-team spending minimum doesn’t apply until 2013 | ProFootballTalk

In the forums I am accustomed to members with a high post count are given a bit more leeway than drive-by posters.

Lets see......Canada......12,700 +

Chiefsrule.....200 +

In the Forum where I am a mod, Chiefsrule would be getting told to stand down.

Said it before, say it again....

Just can't figure out if he is a fan

or a fan

or a fan.

But I am sure he is one of the above. No fan would be stirring up the kind of SHIP that this has been for all this time.

IMHO chiefsrule needs to get a whiff of the BANHAMMER!

BANHAMMER!!! haha.... wait I think that is what kind of deodorant I use!

Anywho... check this out. A good read.

I knew that there was wiggle room with contracts but didn't realize it was to this magnitude. Sheds some light on the $84mil we spent last year.

So everyone calling the chiefs cheap are way off. It is just again pioli being smart so that he won't be restricted by cap if a signing comes along he wants.

Logan Mankins' Contract Shows Difference Between Cash, Salary Cap - Arrowhead Pride

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsrule View Post
    And I never said they weren't good either. Just not 10-6 good.
    The Chiefs 2010 season record would disagree with you...

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    With the exception of Larry Johnson, I have seen that happen with everyone who has left or come to KC. We hate a guy until he has arrowheads on his helmet, and once a guy trades his Chiefs uniform for another one, we hate him. Sure, there may be different levels of hate, but you sure don't care as much about a guy not here anymore.

My example is Tony Gonzalez. I don't give two poops if that guy gets a super bowl ring- especially since he left KC because he didn't think he could get one here. So, getting a ring was more important than staying in KC, so good riddance. Other people still love the guy and wish the best for him. I hope Atlanta goes 5-11 every year he's there. I'm bitter about his leaving.

I think Brian Waters IS still a good lineman, but it wasn't my decision to cut him, and I don't know why we did. But... we did, so we move forward without him, and complaining about it isn't going to help. I am intrigued by the fact that he's not on another team yet.
    Nothing against Brian Waters or you but he's been cut and available since July 28th (2 weeks) and no one has signed him. If he was still good I'd say he'd be practicing elsewhere.

Brian Waters was a good player while he was here, the past couple of seasons he's slipped and anyone denying that just likes to remember the glory years and how he was when Roaf was beside him. As for the Pro Bowl, as Connie said that's a glorified popularity contest. If it wasn't then the pro bowl game would mean something or have some kind of value to the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsrule View Post
    I think you are trying to get the mods to close it down just because you can't stand to see someone that doesn't agree with you.
    Why can't you just STFU? and that is all you are doing! Haven't you seen enough negative posts toward you to know that most think you are just some ********** trying stir up sh*t? Get a life and go harrass some other teams web site.
    Last edited by chief31; 08-13-2011 at 02:06 AM.

The two main trawlers have been blocked, so I can't see what they're saying unless someone quotes them. With that said, I am rather irritated at the comments that say "rose colored glasses". Uh yeah, that's why we're fans in the first place-to root for the team we WANT to see succeed, not dwell on failure. If the whole reason we are here is to honestly evaluate just another team in the NFL, we could go to Yahoo or NFL general forums. We are here because we WANT our team to succeed and look at the positives. That's the point of being a fan of a given team. So yeah, it is infuriating that we have trolls here trying to rain on our parade.

Am i one of the blocked trolls?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Am i one of the blocked trolls?
    You are a devoted and bare-knuckle fan of the Chiefs. I treasure each and every one of your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    You are a devoted and bare-knuckle fan of the Chiefs. I treasure each and every one of your posts.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Oh the joys of chiefs crowd forum.....i've missed you *tear*