Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Hold your horses...

Default Hold your horses...

I am not sure if I am the only one who overlooked this but I heard a lot of talk about us reaching the league minimum and our activity in free agency... found this very interesting.

Per-team spending minimum doesn’t apply until 2013 | ProFootballTalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Sounds like division champs in 2nd year of regime change ain't quite good enough.
    If we had last years schedule again maybe. I see about 8 to 10 losses with this years schedule UNLESS we do something major to get a great player not counting Hali who we should sign. San Diego will win the AFC west easily now that they don't have players holding out at the start of the year.

When you are 4-12 it is kind of hard not to improve. LMAO!

Heck I remember in 2007 when the Falcons were 4-12. Look at where they are now!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsrule View Post
    If we had last years schedule again maybe. I see about 8 to 10 losses with this years schedule UNLESS we do something major to get a great player not counting Hali who we should sign. San Diego will win the AFC west easily now that they don't have players holding out at the start of the year.
    I see 8-10 losses - for our opponents.
    SHUT IT

Heck I remember in 2007 when the Falcons were 4-12. Look at where they are now!
    Did they win the SB? Did they even get to the SB? I must have missed that.
    SHUT IT

Hmmm no only one team wins the super bowl. I guess if that is how you rate a team the Chiefs have sucked for A LONG time then.

Hmmm no only one team wins the super bowl. I guess if that is how you rate a team the Chiefs have sucked for A LONG time then.
    Ah, yes - in most sports - teams are recognized by winning championships. And, yes, the Chiefs have been mediocre for quite some time now. And, yes, Pioli will get us a ring in the next 3 years or less. No doubt in my mind.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Ah, yes - in most sports - teams are recognized by winning championships. And, yes, the Chiefs have been mediocre for quite some time now. And, yes, Pioli will get us a ring in the next 3 years or less. No doubt in my mind.
    Ok I hope you are right, but I say no way with our lack of player movement and Clark's unwillingness to pay to get good talent in here. Like I said I predict we get worse from last years record....8-10 losses unless we make a big move to get a great player in here and again I hope I am wrong.

You said "Joe Montana and Marcus Allen were a FUN run....REALLY FUN! But what I really want is for it to be fun for 10 or 15 years rather than 3 or 4." But then say "Older, inexpensive players help our young talent develop into stars much more quickly and because they are only here for a short time" I am confused. It seems like no matter what move the Chiefs make you are satisfied with it and whatever moves other teams make doesn't make sense. That is what Clark wants out of the fans so he can continue to save money and keep drawing interest from fans and making them believe that SOMEDAY KC will make it to the Super Bowl again by having one of the cheapest rosters in the NFL
    I guess I wasn't clear enough. The Montana/Allen years were fun. But in the end they didn't get us a Super Bowl. In 40+ years as a fan I have been through a lot of "good" Chiefs teams.

I'm TIRED of good Chiefs teams.

I want a GREAT Chiefs team.

And IMHO blowing a ton of cash on free agents isn't going to get us there. Might get us a "one time" Super Bowl appearance, but it won't make us a dynasty.

I'm comfortable giving current management another 6 or so years to show their plan will work (assuming we continue to show improvement).

As for your hatred (or should I call it class envy) of Clark Hunt....get over it. In two years he will have almost no choice about how much money he spends.

I do not understand just what makes a great player that we need to sign. First, I believe we have great players, secondly I believe coaching and the team work make great players, third if players are so great, why do teams let them go? So I not really a big fan of the FA frenzy, Sure I am glad when we sign a player that fills a need, yes I am glad if they become great players for the team. I am a fan of any Chief. But the ones that are Chiefs from the start, I am a bigger fan of!

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast