Page 1 of 52 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Hold your horses...

Default Hold your horses...

I am not sure if I am the only one who overlooked this but I heard a lot of talk about us reaching the league minimum and our activity in free agency... found this very interesting.

Per-team spending minimum doesn’t apply until 2013 | ProFootballTalk

Should have known, Clark can save money again for another two years. I have been reading all the posts about getting this great player and that great player but I wouldn't expect anything great. Clark has made the Chiefs like the Royals. What upsets me is we have a good team and by adding a couple more great players via free agency we would become even better. Building through the draft alone with a couple of cheap free agent signings much like the Royals won't get it done. We were fortunate last year to have an easy schedule but I don't see us reaching the playoffs this year unless we get another good safety, DT and offensive line help and by this I don't mean getting some early to mid 30s players CHEAP. I applaud the moves NewEngland made. This is what makes them a great team year after year. I wonder if Pioli wishes he was still there?

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsrule View Post
    Should have known, Clark can save money again for another two years. I have been reading all the posts about getting this great player and that great player but I wouldn't expect anything great. Clark has made the Chiefs like the Royals. What upsets me is we have a good team and by adding a couple more great players via free agency we would become even better. Building through the draft alone with a couple of cheap free agent signings much like the Royals won't get it done. We were fortunate last year to have an easy schedule but I don't see us reaching the playoffs this year unless we get another good safety, DT and offensive line help and by this I don't mean getting some early to mid 30s players CHEAP. I applaud the moves NewEngland made. This is what makes them a great team year after year. I wonder if Pioli wishes he was still there?
    Pioli has not been given a spending limit other than the salary cap. They are spending money on their right type of players. In the second year of the Hunt/Pioli era we have an off the charts turn around and make the playoffs and you think they are the Royals?

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Pioli has not been given a spending limit other than the salary cap. They are spending money on their right type of players. In the second year of the Hunt/Pioli era we have an off the charts turn around and make the playoffs and you think they are the Royals?
    "We were fortunate last year to have an easy schedule but I don't see us reaching the playoffs this year"

Royals don't get an easy schedule like they do in football.
    Last edited by chiefsrule; 07-30-2011 at 11:06 AM.

"We were fortunate last year to have an easy schedule but I don't see us reaching the playoffs this year"

Royals don't get an easy schedule like they do in football.

I don't buy this whole easy schedule thing for one reason. WE WON THE DIVISON. They for the most part played the same people we did. One of the games that we got for being a last place team before turned out to be a better team then the Chargers had for winning the divison. The Browns were better then the Bengals. We WON the AFC west in year 2. No one handed it to us.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Well the reason I think people say we had an easy schedule is the hard games colts, texans, raiders, and ravens we lost. Trust me though I hate putting the raiders ad the Colts on that list but it happens we can hope this season with exposure to those harder teams that we have become a better team. The good news is we will know shortly.

Who cares if they don't spend a lot of $$. Washington spends a ton of $$ and where does it get them. Quality players do not have to be expensive players. How many times did New England lose a player only to be replaced by a guy no one heard of only to become a quality addition to the team. Pioli has taken us from 4-12 to 10-6 (AFC West Champs) in a short time. Free agency started at 6pm last night and already people are complaining? Give it some time.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Who cares if they don't spend a lot of $$. Washington spends a ton of $$ and where does it get them. Quality players do not have to be expensive players. How many times did New England lose a player only to be replaced by a guy no one heard of only to become a quality addition to the team. Pioli has taken us from 4-12 to 10-6 (AFC West Champs) in a short time. Free agency started at 6pm last night and already people are complaining? Give it some time.
    Adding to Daves comment: Pioli and his staff know things we the fans do not, including recognizing talent in players suited for the team he and Haley are building. Pioli and Haley have surpassed most fans expectations with positive and winning change. In Pioli and Haley I trust, in our Chiefs staff & players I trust.

I read many fans make similar negative & critical comments prior to the 2010 Draft, during it, & after. Many upset fans 'thinking' they knew who should or shouldn't be drafted as a Chiefs player. Thing is, again, we don't have all the inside information or knowledge our GM, coaches & Chiefs staff do. As fans, we merely speculate, much of which is based upon a previous players stats. Well, realistically stats don't tell the entire story, it's a GM, coaches, & their staffs job to read between the lines analyzing the entire story, the bigger picture.

After all the doubt & negative speculation many fans had over who we drafted in 2010...Pioli & crews choices helped us positively in so many ways, we won the AFC WEST, and not because of any easy schedule. In my humble opinion, I pay no attention to schedules, nor do I feel they matter much at all. Every team in the NFL makes changes during the off season, faces changes during pre-season & regular season, such as serious team changing injuries. No team remains the same as it was the season before of which a realistic comparison can be made.

Every season is a new team, a new beginning, and in any given season, on any given gameday, anything can happen positively or negatively.

In Pioli and Haley I trust...in my Chiefs team I trust. We're the AFC WEST Champs, of which I predicted we would be before the regular season began last year. I see the all the good in our Chiefs team hiding behind the growing pains of a young talented & skilled Chiefs team. So often the good is missed when one can only focus on what they believe to be negative aspects.

I trust in Clark, Pioli, Haley, their staff, and our players...and will until they give me reason not to, which they haven't even come close to doing, quite the opposite in fact.

GO CHIEFS!!!! CHIEFS WILL!!!! YEEBOWEHAW!!!!
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 07-30-2011 at 12:41 PM.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Adding to Daves comment: Pioli and his staff know things we the fans do not, including recognizing talent in players suited for the team he and Haley are building. Pioli and Haley have surpassed most fans expectations with positive and winning change. In Pioli and Haley I trust, in our Chiefs staff & players I trust.

I read many fans make similar negative & critical comments prior to the 2010 Draft, during it, & after. Many upset fans 'thinking' they knew who should or shouldn't be drafted as a Chiefs player. Thing is, again, we don't have all the inside information or knowledge our GM, coaches & Chiefs staff do. As fans, we merely speculate, much of which is based upon a previous players stats. Well, realistically stats don't tell the entire story, it's a GM, coaches, & their staffs job to read between the lines analyzing the entire story, the bigger picture.

After all the doubt & negative speculation many fans had over who we drafted in 2010...Pioli & crews choices helped us positively in so many ways, we won the AFC WEST, and not because of any easy schedule. In my humble opinion, I pay no attention to schedules, nor do I feel they matter much at all. Every team in the NFL makes changes during the off season, faces changes during pre-season & regular season, such as serious team changing injuries. No team remains the same as it was the season before of which a realistic comparison can be made.

Every season is a new team, a new beginning, and in any given season, on any given gameday, anything can happen positively or negatively.

In Pioli and Haley I trust...in my Chiefs team I trust. We're the AFC WEST Champs, of which I predicted we would be before the regular season began last year. I see the all the good in our Chiefs team hiding behind the growing pains of a young talented & skilled Chiefs team. So often the good is missed when one can only focus on what they believe to be negative aspects.

I trust in Clark, Pioli, Haley, their staff, and our players...and will until they give me reason not to, which they haven't even come close to doing, quite the opposite in fact.

GO CHIEFS!!!! CHIEFS WILL!!!! YEEBOWEHAW!!!!
    We lost the tough game last year which wasn't that many and won most of the easy ones due to our shcedule. This year at Indy, at New England, at NY Jets, at Chicago....Pittsburgh, Green Bay here right there is 6 losses if you we can't beat good teams not to mention probably a loss or two against San Diego and maybe a loss against Oakland who embarrased us the last game.

Was Pioli the reason New Englad was so great? Belichick I think is the main reason. I look at the Tyson Jackson pick who most of us went WTH? The Dexter McCluster pick which I still don't understand using a 2nd round pick on a kick returner. Baldwin looks to be a good pick but if we were going to sign Breaston why not use that pick on an offensive lineman or DT? Especially since we got rid of Waters. I don't believe our offensive line was all that great..Charles just makes them look good by being an extra step or two ahead of where most running backs would be and exploding past defenders. Thomas Jones couldn't find much room at all. I also think we lost one heck of an offensive coordinator who really turned this offense around last year and now Haley is going to mess around with it like he did at the end of last year and we saw the results of that. I am sorry but unless we make a big splash in free agency I see the Chiefs struggling to get to a .500 record this year. I hope I am wrong and we get Frankin and Blalock and another solid safety.

We lost the tough game last year which wasn't that many and won most of the easy ones due to our shcedule. This year at Indy, at New England, at NY Jets, at Chicago....Pittsburgh, Green Bay here right there is 6 losses if you we can't beat good teams not to mention probably a loss or two against San Diego and maybe a loss against Oakland who embarrased us the last game.

Was Pioli the reason New Englad was so great? Belichick I think is the main reason. I look at the Tyson Jackson pick who most of us went WTH? The Dexter McCluster pick which I still don't understand using a 2nd round pick on a kick returner. Baldwin looks to be a good pick but if we were going to sign Breaston why not use that pick on an offensive lineman or DT? Especially since we got rid of Waters. I don't believe our offensive line was all that great..Charles just makes them look good by being an extra step or two ahead of where most running backs would be and exploding past defenders. Thomas Jones couldn't find much room at all. I also think we lost one heck of an offensive coordinator who really turned this offense around last year and now Haley is going to mess around with it like he did at the end of last year and we saw the results of that. I am sorry but unless we make a big splash in free agency I see the Chiefs struggling to get to a .500 record this year. I hope I am wrong and we get Frankin and Blalock and another solid safety.
    See the problem is that you seem to think we should go from 4-12 to SuperBowl. That is ridiculous, sure we had an easier schedule last season and we lost to better teams, BUT we won 10 games (equal to the total from the past 3 seasons) and we won the AFC West. The rest of the division faced a similar schedule to us and WE won the division. Sure, JC makes his O line look better, what good RB doesn't make the line look better? TJones didnt get a lot of yards because it was clear that he was going straight up the middle every time he got the ball yet he still managed close to 900yards as a #2 RB. These guys are getting better and will be around for a long time to come.

We lost Charlie Weiss at an sh!tty time at the end of last season, I think that greatly affected play calling going into the playoffs. Charlie Weiss is NOT irreplacable. With new WRs for Cassel to throw to, our offence will open up. Big and fast is what we will be. Everyone has a difference of opinion when it comes to drafting, but you can't argue with results. Pioli played a pretty big role in New England as far as player personnel went. Sure Bellicheck is a great coach, but Pioli has proven that he can play a major role in building a winner. He finds quality players and does not have to break the bank doing it. Albert Haynesworth went for $100 million, should we have grabbed him?

Free Agency isn't even 24 hours old yet and already you are saying the sky is falling. We still have a ton of roster spots to fill, and the money to do so with good players all over the field. Dont forget we need depth at a lot of positions. I would rather have a bunch of good players than 1 great player and no $$ to pay the rest of them. Have a little patience and give these guys the time necessary to build a long term winner. Rome want built in a day.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 1 of 52 123451151 ... LastLast