Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pioli Met with St. John of 610 sports this morning

Default Pioli Met with St. John of 610 sports this morning

Scott Pioli interviewed with St. John this morning and said they were not done with the Receivers or D-Line.

Now as vague as Pioli is some times, that could be a simple as signing Tamba Hali to a Franchise Tender, but even as vague as he is, Who would that leave at Receiver.

Anyone still out there anyone would be interested in.

I also hope the D-line help is still a proven player to help the team.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Agh... please God, neither of those two.

TJ wouldn't upset me.
    Why couldn't we have gotten Chad Ocho, Randy Moss and Terrell Owens??? We could have watched a football game on Sundays then a circus from these guys the rest of the days.

Do you think we could coax Randy Moss out of retirement? I doubt it.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs fanatic View Post
    I was assuming Baldwin would do ok. I guess if Baldwin's doing awful looking for another small addition might be justifiable.
    A rookie should always look bad, in there first ever training camp. They are in a new point in there life, they have no idea what to expect. If Baldwin look great, I would start having worries! The ones that come out strong in there rookie year, have a much tougher time of being the expectation.

Before we do anything more for receivers I'd like to see us work on the O-line. Cassel is an excellent QB but improvising under heavy pressure is not what he does best.

I'm quite happy with the way the team is shaping up this year, but I'm kinda nervous about the O-line.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    A rookie should always look bad, in there first ever training camp. They are in a new point in there life, they have no idea what to expect. If Baldwin look great, I would start having worries! The ones that come out strong in there rookie year, have a much tougher time of being the expectation.
    He should not be dropping balls at the rate the I hear he is. They also said he was not well conditioned.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Before we do anything more for receivers I'd like to see us work on the O-line. Cassel is an excellent QB but improvising under heavy pressure is not what he does best.

I'm quite happy with the way the team is shaping up this year, but I'm kinda nervous about the O-line.
    Still nervous about the O-line, there isn't much left to choose from in FA. (I think Max Starks from PIT would be the only one worth looking at, the rest are reserves or past their primes.

Think they are set with Asamoah taking over at guard, and Richardson still holding down the RT position. They signed a slew of Un-drafted FA's that were lineman, and supposedly most were the top available, so they might be wanting to develop them instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    He should not be dropping balls at the rate the I hear he is. They also said he was not well conditioned.
    Think we can give him the benefit of the doubt about conditioning... I've heard the level of competitiveness and speed from the college game to the pro game is just astonishing, so I'm sure every rookie is adjusting to the conditioning, even if they thought they were in good shape... Plus it's 100+ degrees out there haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Still nervous about the O-line, there isn't much left to choose from in FA. (I think Max Starks from PIT would be the only one worth looking at, the rest are reserves or past their primes.

Think they are set with Asamoah taking over at guard, and Richardson still holding down the RT position. They signed a slew of Un-drafted FA's that were lineman, and supposedly most were the top available, so they might be wanting to develop them instead.

Think we can give him the benefit of the doubt about conditioning... I've heard the level of competitiveness and speed from the college game to the pro game is just astonishing, so I'm sure every rookie is adjusting to the conditioning, even if they thought they were in good shape... Plus it's 100+ degrees out there haha!
    I am extremely nervous about the O-line, yet, I am not sure what we can do to fix it other than draft it. Usually good Offensive Line man don't hit the market unless they want to much money or are not really worth keeping. The ones that do hit the market and are worth a look are usually very short term fixes.

I think we need that short term fix at RT. I am extremely unfcomfortable with Richardson at RT.

I mean he was pulled in the middle of series for consecutiveholds, and got into it with the coaches last year and this is all we have at RT.

He improved a bunch last year, but made up for all the good he did by doing equally bad. He can kill a drive real easy with one bad hold, or mistake. To much of a liability to be a starter in my opinion.

The offensive line has been the source of my trepidation since training camp last year. I have played both sides of the line(in HS) and O line is the toughest position. It takes a lot of stamina and strength. If you think about always trying to stop a 350 lb guy while falling back on your heals all day, it's brutal. The previous coaching staff inexplicably made a play for a few skill position guys and let the O line languish. I really worry it may be another 2-3 years before we can draft a real contending O line.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12