Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top Remaining FA's

Default Top Remaining FA's

Pat Kirwan posted his top 40 Remaining Free Agents that could be locked up with bargain pricing.

40 Top Remaining Free Agents on NFL.com

What are people thoughts of the remaining? who is on our wish list?

Im still liking Aubrayo Franklin at our NT, but we Signed Kelly Gregg so I can't see this coming true but we can wish.

As for bigger names I really want to land FB LeRon McClain, and would like to nab Ty Warren as well. Both would be huge upgrades to their specific positions, and would greatly impact the competitiveness of our team.

WR I would love Steve Smith (NYG) or Malcom Floyd (SD) and it sounds like Pioli is still trying to add to our WR Corps, so we will see.

as for the 2nd tier guys... Still think I would like to see us try to bring in some safety help. I'm Thinkin Brodney Pool from NYJ (Drafted by Crennel, and could rotate at FS with Lewis) We resigned McGraw, but I would much rather see him only play special teams, and minor sub packages due to sub-par pass coverage skills.

and by the looks of things there isn't much left to choose from on the O-line... Possibly Max Starks (PIT) at RT but don't know much about him.

All in all I know we won't grab all of these guys, but we can wish, and I wanted to see what your thoughts were as well.

We should have signed Franklin instead of Gregg. You are right I doubt we sign both and promised Gregg a starting spot when we signed him. I am not sure which decent receiver would want to come here and be our 4th wideout on the depth chart. Ty Warren would be a good signing and I think could signal the end of Tyson Jackson days starting next year. I HOPE. We do need someone better than McGraw back there!!!

Call me crazy but I am in love with the Berry/Lewis tandem... Kendrick Lewis has all the physical skills. If he does his homework this preseason he will be a menace...

4 picks as a 4th round rookie while rotating with mcgraw.

I would really like to see Tulloch from the Titans on this squad.

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    Call me crazy but I am in love with the Berry/Lewis tandem... Kendrick Lewis has all the physical skills. If he does his homework this preseason he will be a menace...

You're crazy
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsrule View Post
    We should have signed Franklin instead of Gregg. You are right I doubt we sign both and promised Gregg a starting spot when we signed him. I am not sure which decent receiver would want to come here and be our 4th wideout on the depth chart. Ty Warren would be a good signing and I think could signal the end of Tyson Jackson days starting next year. I HOPE. We do need someone better than McGraw back there!!!
    There is a lot of questions out there asking if Franklin was really all that good or if he was hyped up simply because the Niner put a franchise tag on him last year and he was due to make a lot of money.

I think Franklin found the market was not that big for him and probably got a lesser deal than what the Niner probably originally offered him last year.

With Powe in training, I am fine with Gregg.

I am concerned wihth Warren. He isn't young and he sit out last year with a hip injury.

Not sure if Houston and Denver let him leave because he wanted to, I am feeling it is because he is failing their testing and they wont sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post

I love that tandem as well, and Although I think we need to add a safety I am not insinuating that I think we need someone to take Lewis's starting spot. I mostly want to add safety help beacuse I think Jon McGraw is not talented enough to be effective in sub packages, and in rotation.

I think this year, our secondary could be considered one of the best young groups in the league as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    I would really like to see Tulloch from the Titans on this squad.
    Tulloch Signed with the Lions, Teaming back up with Schwartz, he was the D-coordinator in Tennessee when they drafted him.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    You're crazy
    Fair enough... but you have to admit that our safeties are badass!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    There is a lot of questions out there asking if Franklin was really all that good or if he was hyped up simply because the Niner put a franchise tag on him last year and he was due to make a lot of money.

I think Franklin found the market was not that big for him and probably got a lesser deal than what the Niner probably originally offered him last year.

With Powe in training, I am fine with Gregg.

I am concerned wihth Warren. He isn't young and he sit out last year with a hip injury.

Not sure if Houston and Denver let him leave because he wanted to, I am feeling it is because he is failing their testing and they wont sign him.
    Pro Football Focus graded Franklin as the No. 2 run-stopping interior lineman in football last season, and he was the anchor for a 49ers defense that allowed the fewest yards per carry (3.46) in the NFC

OK, I am going to say it and get flamed. I would like to see Bulger come in as a backup. The guy has some experience and while he is not starting material, he would be a good experienced QB that could come in if Cassel went down.

Of the rest, McClain would be a good pick up, and I would love to see a Steve Smith or maybe even Braylon Edwards on this team. I don't think that will happen though.

Outside of that, I don't really give a flip over any of these guys that remain. I still think we need offensive line help, but I also believe that our new offensive line coach will get those guys into shape.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast