Thread: Saints sign franklin

I was pretty sure he would re-sign with SF, as much as I wanted him here. It seems odd that he only got a one year deal. He's only 31. I think there is more to this story than we know about.

Ya know if he was willing to take a one year deal at that age something had to be up... I mean he is at the point where he couldn't even get a multiple year contract... from anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I was pretty sure he would re-sign with SF, as much as I wanted him here. It seems odd that he only got a one year deal. He's only 31. I think there is more to this story than we know about.
    I thought he was resigning with SF too. I really don't understand why we didn't sign Franklin instead of Gregg. Would have filled a hole for a few years instead of one and a much better player.

"Pro Football Focus graded Franklin as the No. 2 run-stopping interior lineman in football last season, and he was the anchor for a 49ers defense that allowed the fewest yards per carry (3.46) in the NFC."

I don't understand why he would take a one year deal, which is exactly what the franchise tender is.

I mean, at this point, you have to be making more than the average of the top 5 salaries at your position in order for this to be profitable.

Just a dumb, dumb move.

I was thinking it was a dumb move too. Franchise tag at SF, teams drooling over him, coming off a great year and hyped as one of the best NT.

Either he wants to go to a team that'll have a winning record, is from the area or close by or something is just up and he's only got a year or two left. Ah there's my best friend...speculation.