Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: chiefs sign ron mcclain

Default chiefs sign ron mcclain

this is a super duper move. we have always had a great multifunctional FB during or best years ie T.Rich and kimble Anders. McClain will be the next T.Rich for us adding blocking for JC, a power back for the one yard plunge on 3rd and 4th downs, another short yardage receiver and bonus****pass blocker for blitzes. its a win win although i forsee Thomas jones being traded or released now.

as for snakeize i agree we still need a NT but Pioli may not be done yet as he might still add some help for the "D"

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    ya i would like Haley to maybe Defense us.

What the hells the point in scoring points if we just give points up? Didn't work in the Vermeil/Holmes/Green era.

Sorry, not trying to be negative, but Haley is an offensive minded douche.

Yes we do need a FB. But there there is another side of the ball call D. and we just dont' have the tools to stop decent offenses
    It's not like FB is a glamor pickup...If you look at it these other posts are right... We lost the Baltimore game because our offense stalled in the 2nd half due to crappy WR play. Our main needs on Offense were #1WR, #O-line, #3 FB. we filled all three areas both in the draft and FA. at least 1 proposed starter at every position group I named (WR- Breaston and Baldwin. O-line- Hudson (could use a little more help at RT), FB- Bannon in draft, and McClain in FA.

Defense we needed D-line help, LB help, and Safety Depth. D-line- Kelly Gregg will be a starter, Jerrell Powe will become a starter in a year or two, and Allen Bailey will rotate at DE. LB's- Juston Houston will project as a starter, and Brandon Siler is an upgrade from Corey Mays,. The only thing I am worried about is Safety depth, we attempted to ad some secondary help in the draft with the DB from Colorado, and I believe we added a couple Un-drafted FA's, be we could use a little more help.

All in all, if you truly look at our deficiencies from last season. we have made attempts on either side of the ball at those positions to upgrade our talent there. Evenly on both sides, not just offense or defense. Possibly 2 projected starters on Offense, and 2 projected Starters on Defense.

What the hells the point in scoring points if we just give points up? Didn't work in the Vermeil/Holmes/Green era.

Yes we do need a FB. But there there is another side of the ball call D. and we just dont' have the tools to stop decent offenses
    WTF??????? This is just a post to get everyone riled up right? One thing is for sure, most of these offensive signings will help the passing game in one way or another and the last time I checked we were 30th in passing. As for the defense goes, we were average (11th-17th) in most categories last year. These categories would include points allowed, passing yds allowed, rushing yds allowed and total yds allowed. It's not like we were ranked last in these categories for god sakes. With the high scoring offense that EVERYBODY believes we will have, I'll give the 20 points a game and take our chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    WTF??????? This is just a post to get everyone riled up right? One thing is for sure, most of these offensive signings will help the passing game in one way or another and the last time I checked we were 30th in passing. As for the defense goes, we were average (11th-17th) in most categories last year. These categories would include points allowed, passing yds allowed, rushing yds allowed and total yds allowed. It's not like we were ranked last in these categories for god sakes. With the high scoring offense that EVERYBODY believes we will have, I'll give the 20 points a game and take our chances.
    Second that...

Plus they say that the best Defense is a good offense, and I believe that.

Our Defensive stats would have been greatly affected if our offense could have sustained more drives last year. If our offense stays on the field, it gives our D time to rest and takes offensive opportunity away from our opponent (EX: Baltimore game... The D didn't see the sideline for more than 2 mins before having to run back out on the field.) The offense can't score if they aren't on the field

Our 3rd down Offense sucked, The WR's will help that. It will also help our gains on 1st and 2nd, because it will require the D not to stack the box on Charles, and allow him to potentially gain bigger chunks of yardage on downs 1 and 2 leaving us with a number of options to look at a "3rd and 2,3,or4" as opposed to last year our 3rd downs were more like "3rd and 8,7,6"

Glenn Dorsey - #5 overall draft pick.
    Tyson Jackson - #3 overall draft pick
    Eric Berry - #5 overall draft pick
    Derrick Johnson - #15 overall draft pick - signed extension
    Tamba Hali - #20 overall draft pick - signed extension.
    Brandon Flowers - second round pick
    Javier Arenas - second round pick
    Justin Houston - projected first round talent in the third

That's 5 starters drafted in the first round, and two more who were projected first rounders.

Every player listed above is projected to start (except Arenas) and has played less than six years in the NFL, and ONLY for this team. That's a hell of a defense being built. You need to settle the eff down.

In addition, we return:

Wallace Gilberry, third year player who has increased his sack total the last two years.

Kendrick Lewis, who had three interceptions last year as a rookie.

Also, we brought in a starting MLB and kelly gregg - ten year vet at nose tackle, our two biggest weaknesses on defense.

Romeo Crennel - multiple super bowl winning defensive coordinator in only his SECOND season with the Chiefs.

This team has done PLENTY in the past few years to get better on defense, and it showed last year.

You don't turn on the air conditioner and then go buy one five minutes later because the house isn't cool yet.

Let's put it this way - since 2005, the Chiefs have drafted defense in the first round five out of eight times, and all five of those players are starters.

(btw - the other three choices were Albert, Bowe, and Baldwin. All starters* Bill Muir said breaston would be the #3)

They are paying attention to the defense.

I love the McClain pick up. That will certainly help the running game and pass protection. He's a versatile back that can do a lot of things.

Plus, we actually got some love from ESPN's Freddie Coleman on the signing and said that he like the moves that the Chiefs had made so far. I think we are going to surprise a lot of people this year and be a very solid team.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Yeah. I think we can find a spot for him on our offense!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    I agree. I actually think our defense might be in better shape than our offense at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsrule View Post
    I agree. I actually think our defense might be in better shape than our offense at this point.
    I like the stack up of our defense, but I think the only place on offense where there's uncertainty is the line. And THAT is only because we have some youthful guys that we just haven't seen much there. I mean, come on:

Jamaal Charles, Thomas Jones, LeRon McClain, Dexter McCluster

Matt Cassell

Dwayne Bowe, Steve Breaston, Tony Moeaki, Jon Baldwin

We have so many weapons, our offense is like a battleship! We just have to hope the hull is also strong.

JB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast